View Full Version : The Colors We Are

komohana
February 14th, 2009, 05:06 PM
So...the never-ending banter of what color our cycles are is indeed a running source of amusement on these here forum boards....

yet...what IS behind the colors we choose, live, and defend to the bitter end?!? :fencing:

lets examine a few...

Red is the warmest of all colors, the color most chosen by extroverts and one of the top picks of males. Red can mean temper or anger. Red is Tuesday's color. Red is the color of Mars. This planet is known as the God of War. Red is associated with fiery heat and warmth. It can also mean danger (burning). Red is the color of blood, and has strong symbolism as life and vitality. It brings focus to the essence of life and living with emphasis on survival.
Put some red in your life when you want:
-increased enthusiasm and interest
-more energy
-action and confidence to go after your dreams
-protection from fears and anxieties

Black is the most misunderstood color. Black symbolizes death in some cultures. Saturday's color is black. Black is not a color. It is the absence of all color. When people speak of opposites, it is usually in terms of black and white. Black, and its opposite white, represent polarities. Black absorbs all aspects of light. While white reveals, black conceals. It has come to mean hidden, fearful or bad experience. Black is seen as a restful emptiness into which anything may emerge and disappear once again. It is also mysterious, providing a sense of potential and possibility.
Put some black in your life when you want:
-to become inconspicuous
-to open the door to mystery
-to prepare for the unknown
-a restful emptiness

Blue is the coolest color - the color of the sky, ocean, sleep, twilight. A pure blue is the color of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality. Blue is often the chosen color by conservative people. Blue is the calming color. Blue is so soothing that is a good choice for pajamas. Dark blue is the color of truth and moderation. Wednesday's color is blue. Aqua is the color of high ideals. Blue gives a feeling of distance. Artists use it to to show perspective.
Put some blue in your life when you want:
-calm and relaxation to counteract chaos or agitation
-to open the flow of communication
-to broaden your perspective in learning new information
-solitude and peace

Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. It also means learning, growth and harmony. Green is a safe color, if you don't know what color to use anywhere use green. Green is favored by well balanced people. Green symbolizes the master healer and the life force. Friday is the day of green. Green contains the powerful energies of nature, growth, desire to expand or increase. Change and transformation is necessary for growth, and so this ability to sustain changes is also a part of the energy of green.
Put some green in your life when you want:
-a new state of balance
-feel a need for change or growth
-freedom to pursue new ideas
-protection from fears and anxieties connected with the demands of others

Yellow The shade of yellow determines the meaning. People who are blind to other colors can usually see yellow. Yellow is full of creative and intellectual energy. Yellow symbolizes wisdom. Yellow means joy and happiness. People of high intellect favor yellow. Sunday's color is yellow-gold. Yellow brings clarity and awareness. Yellow-green can mean deceit, and creates a disoriented feeling. Orange-yellow imparts a sense of establishment.
Put some yellow in your life when you want:
-clarity for decision-making
-relief from 'burnout', panic, nervousness, exhaustion
-sharper memory and concentration skills
-protection from lethargy and depression during dull weather

:thewave:

aloha

:yo:

kkim
February 14th, 2009, 05:35 PM
:ganja:

Strider
February 14th, 2009, 05:38 PM
This is why I ride Black ... for now ... :)

TnNinjaGirl
February 14th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I just like it... I always love learning more about myself from other people. lol.

I can see how the colors relate to their owners. For instance, green means a need for change and growth, and, well Kelly loves the color green. Coincidence? Methinks not. ;)

ninjabrewer
February 15th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Blue was the color my friend had, plus it is always been my favorite color from when I was little. Other wise, it was a toss up between any of the 4.

nb

Countrygirl
February 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I really liked that! Thanks for posting it! :)

I love the color red and always have. Red is the color of my bike and I have a tendency to gravitate towards anything that's red. After Red I like Black, Yellow, Blue and Green in that order.

Sound Wave
February 15th, 2009, 07:31 PM
so to summarize what steve is trying to say: black is the best.

komohana
February 16th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I really liked that! Thanks for posting it! :)

I love the color red and always have. Red is the color of my bike and I have a tendency to gravitate towards anything that's red. After Red I like Black, Yellow, Blue and Green in that order.

you're very welcome :yo:

BlueTyke
February 16th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Green contains the powerful energies of nature, growth, desire to expand or increase.

Okay I read and agree with the blue but the Green says so much about Kelly!!

:leghump: :allhail:

kkim
February 16th, 2009, 02:11 PM
:eyebrows:

jpnfrk
February 16th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Komohana, that was really entertaining, thanks!! :high5: