View Full Version : Why I love her

OldGuy
February 14th, 2009, 08:52 PM
My wife never ceases to amaze me with her humor and love. When you get a Valentines Card like this one you know you have the right one. I'm one luck man.:D

Anybody know of a DIY side-car for the 250?

kkim
February 14th, 2009, 08:58 PM
:)

PM Sailariel. He was looking into the possibility and might share what he ended up finding.

Guess no sleeping on the couch tonight for you, eh? :D

noche_caliente
February 15th, 2009, 01:08 PM
awww! how sweet! your wife sounds like a lot of fun - why not get her riding along beside you on her own ninjette?

OldGuy
February 15th, 2009, 04:37 PM
awww! how sweet! your wife sounds like a lot of fun - why not get her riding along beside you on her own ninjette?

Although it would be fun it's not something she is really interested in. I just have to remember to keep her involved in what I'm doing and spend at least as much time with her as I do the lady in the garage.

kkim
February 15th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Although it would be fun it's not something she is really interested in. I just have to remember to keep her involved in what I'm doing and spend at least as much time with her as I do the ladies in the garage.
fixed that for ya! ;)

Sailariel
February 15th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Kelly, I did look into getting a sidecar. The Ninjette certainly has the gearing and the power to handle one. My 1956 NSU Special Max 250 had a sidecar kit available from NSU. The bike had 18HP. Unfortunately the ninjette has no frame to attach a sidecar to. A JAWA sidecar kit could possibly work--but would be a bear to find. JAWA had a similar frame to NSU. NSU ceased production in 1958, so the chances of finding an NSU Kit is remote. I will pursue trying to find a JAWA sidecar and finding a way to make it work. The JAWA was a 360cc Two Cylinder Two Stroke with a slick-shift transmission. You only used the clutch in 1st gear and for downshifts. I was a Norton-JAWA-Benelli dealer in 1971.

bikeguy57
August 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Kelly, I did look into getting a sidecar. The Ninjette certainly has the gearing and the power to handle one. My 1956 NSU Special Max 250 had a sidecar kit available from NSU. The bike had 18HP. Unfortunately the ninjette has no frame to attach a sidecar to. A JAWA sidecar kit could possibly work--but would be a bear to find. JAWA had a similar frame to NSU. NSU ceased production in 1958, so the chances of finding an NSU Kit is remote. I will pursue trying to find a JAWA sidecar and finding a way to make it work. The JAWA was a 360cc Two Cylinder Two Stroke with a slick-shift transmission. You only used the clutch in 1st gear and for downshifts. I was a Norton-JAWA-Benelli dealer in 1971.

My first "motorcycle" was a 50cc Benelli minibike. It was 1970 and I was 13 years old. My dad found it at a JC Penneys auto center. It wouldn't start, so he got a good deal. We had it running 10 minutes after getting it home! I loved that little bike...I guess you never forget your first.

vet415
August 29th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Awesome post, missed this one. Thumbs up to ya!!!!

backinthesaddleagain
August 30th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Alex did you ever have a Benelli SEI? Saw one a loooong time ago. Just saw some Commandos at a British Bike Show. Cool looking.