View Full Version : windscreen SR series vs double bubble

Blue Monkey
February 15th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I want to get a zero gravity windscreen but I can decide which one I like better. I went to the zero gravity web site and looked at the pictures but I still can't decide. Which one do you guys like?

NJD022588
February 15th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I difference in the looks of the two would not be very noticeable at all after they are installed. I would chose the one that makes the ride more comfortable.

kkim
February 15th, 2009, 10:01 PM
isn't the SR just a copy of the stock windshield?

Blue Monkey
February 15th, 2009, 10:17 PM
It looks like it is. I guess I would just be changing the color of the screen with that one. Do you like the look of the double bubble on your bike?

kkim
February 15th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I like the looks better than the stock screen, but I really bought it for more wind protection while riding. In the end it's more a personal preference when doing something for looks. Get what you think looks better if you are doing this for looks.

The double bubble has for years been the thing to get to reduce wind buffeting.

Blue Monkey
February 15th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks for both replies. I wasn't sure about the effect it would have on the wind but I for sure want better wind buffeting. Since I think they both look good I would benefit more with the double bubble.

kkim
February 15th, 2009, 10:46 PM
you do know they offer still another screen designed for even more protection than the DB, right?

Sound Wave
February 15th, 2009, 10:55 PM
yeah, the sr is basically the stock one tinted. they also have the touring one, but that one is a bit much imo for a sport bike.

joel, i got the db one as well. i think for looks alone, the light smoke sr might look better... looks sleeker. but for function in cutting down the wind buffeting i really enjoy the db. what color is your bike? my bike is black. i got some pics of mine in some puig thread if you haven't already seen it.

Blue Monkey
February 15th, 2009, 11:27 PM
My bike is blue. Thanks, I will go take a look at your bike. Yeah Kelly I saw the other one. I think it is called a sports tour but I agree it is a bit much. Does it make a noticeable difference in the wind?

zartan
February 15th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I am saving to buy the SR stock sized one. so my vote is for that.

Ninja007
February 16th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I'm saving for the SR as well. like sound wave said, i think it'll look sleeker. I'm gonna get the light smoke, the dark smoke looks a bit too dark imo.

camaroz1985
February 16th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I think I might be the only one with the Sport Touring Screen. It does provide a lot more wind protection. I haven't been able to take any longer rides yet with it, but it helps a lot even just with the cold.

Here is a link to my thread with pictures Link (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9890)

g21-30
February 16th, 2009, 01:30 PM
isn't the SR just a copy of the stock windshield?

From the ZG site:

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sportbikes/images/photo_bank/281/xcomp_2.jpg

I'm considering the "Sport Touring" windscreen!

HKr1
February 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Get the DB! Unless your 7' tall < go with ST :thumbup:

bob706
February 16th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Get the DB. It's gonna deflect the wind a lot better than the SR.

jpnfrk
February 16th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Did anybody ever get the windscreen add-ons(?) that Sailariel posted about back in December? http://laminarlip.com/index.php

bob706
February 17th, 2009, 08:35 AM
For the price of those laminar add ons you could get a zg db or for half the cost go with a zg outlet screen. The laminar lips are pretty cool though.