View Full Version : The little things

anacron
May 31st, 2013, 10:00 AM
So, I've had my bike for a solid month now. Its got 130 odd miles on it and aside from being generally pleased with the experience, I found myself really growing attached to the little things from the little 300.

For example, I went out for a spirited ride yesterday and I just couldn't wipe the big, fat grin off my face. It wasn't because the 300 falls into corners so easily nor the silky smooth clutch action, nor the surprisingly crisp gearbox (lots of people have complained about this, but my experience has been really good). It was actually the whining of the air intake whenever I took the revs past 6k. I mean, come on, that think sounded like a spooling jet engine.

So, yeah. I'm anacron and I'm a Ninjaholic.

Jiggles
May 31st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Omg, you went over 6k before the bike was broken in? You've destroyed your engine.

Mine doesn't sound like a jet engine, are you using jet fuel?

anacron
May 31st, 2013, 10:19 AM
Omg, you went over 6k before the bike was broken in? You've destroyed your engine.

Mine doesn't sound like a jet engine, are you using jet fuel?

No jet fuel, just gasoline + fairy dust. Them fairies be loud.

ninjamunky85
May 31st, 2013, 10:49 AM
So, I've had my bike for a solid month now. Its got 130 odd miles on it

What? :confused:

I've had my 300 for not even 4 days and it's already got well over 200 miles on it, and that's only because I haven't gotten to ride it as much as I've wanted too.

That 600 miles is gonna come quick. Oh, and I took mine to 105mph displayed on the first ride.

anacron
May 31st, 2013, 10:53 AM
What? :confused:

I've had my 300 for not even 4 days and it's already got well over 200 miles on it, and that's only because I haven't gotten to ride it as much as I've wanted too.

That 600 miles is gonna come quick. Oh, and I took mine to 105mph displayed on the first ride.

Yeah... full-time PhD student and don't need to commute. 105, That's awesome!! At the rev limiter or still some left?

ninjamunky85
May 31st, 2013, 11:01 AM
Don't remember what the RPM's were I think around 10 or 11K. I do remember that it got there quite easily though. I'm 5'10" 145 lbs so ymmv.

I will agree with you though that there are a lot of little things about the 300 that I like. The shape of the tank, the slipper clutch, the exhaust sound, and I could go on. :thumbup:

Jiggles
May 31st, 2013, 11:05 AM
The wooden seat, the spongy suspension, the crappy throttle off response, the dying at stops, the rusting exhaust, yep, the little things :lol:

Alex
May 31st, 2013, 11:09 AM
nor the surprisingly crisp gearbox (lots of people have complained about this, but my experience has been really good).

I don't understand people complaining about the 300's gearbox. I've owned almost all makes, and ridden pretty much every type of bike out there. The gearbox on the 300 is incredibly smooth, with easy engagement up and down, with a very light touch. I haven't missed a shift on it yet.

ninjamunky85
May 31st, 2013, 11:10 AM
I did have mine die at a stop for the first time yesterday, and was like wtf?

ninjamunky85
May 31st, 2013, 11:11 AM
I don't understand people complaining about the 300's gearbox. I've owned almost all makes, and ridden pretty much every type of bike out there. The gearbox on the 300 is incredibly smooth, with easy engagement up and down, with a very light touch. I haven't missed a shift on it yet.

:whathesaid:

anacron
May 31st, 2013, 11:17 AM
The wooden seat, the spongy suspension, the crappy throttle off response, the dying at stops, the rusting exhaust, yep, the little things :lol:

I've had the engine bog down when trying to get going from an uphill stop, but its never cut out. I was just careful to work the friction zone and give it enough gas.

Are we talking straight up dying with the clutch pulled in?

Byakkotai
May 31st, 2013, 11:34 AM
Are we talking straight up dying with the clutch pulled in?

Why yes, yes we are.

And Jiggles forgot about them stock brakes :p

fishdip
May 31st, 2013, 11:39 AM

:thumbup:

ninjamunky85
May 31st, 2013, 11:39 AM
Who complains about the suspension and brakes on a $5k bike? I mean c'mon, what do you expect?

Jiggles
May 31st, 2013, 12:18 PM
Who complains about the suspension and brakes on a $5k bike? I mean c'mon, what do you expect?

I front end that doesn't dive 5 inches when I let off the gas :p

ninjamunky85
May 31st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Doesn't happen to me. Maybe you should lose some weight.

tnr4
May 31st, 2013, 03:31 PM

YUP. :D

snowbandit
June 6th, 2013, 02:36 PM

YES. Here, here to all of that except the dying at stops lol.

Jiggles
June 6th, 2013, 02:37 PM
YES. Here, here to all of that except the dying at stops lol.

Mine has stopped dying at stops but everything else still sucks!!!

Hunsy34
June 16th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know the reason for dying at stops? Any fixes?

Joshorilla
June 16th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know the reason for dying at stops? Any fixes?

Keep the RPM's higher by twisting the throttle a little more and work the friction zone on the clutch.

The FI 250 will do this also, when slowing down you just let of the clutch a little and give it a twist, I do it as if it's second nature now, it's the difference in having an active computerised system controlling the fueling over having it literally sucked into the engine, more precise, but with a little bug at low rpm's while decellerating.

Byakkotai
August 2nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Saw it on the 300 site but the ECU recall (stalling probs) is now going on too it seems - ran my VIN and saw the info on Kawi's website.

Jiggles
August 2nd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Saw it on the 300 site but the ECU recall (stalling probs) is now going on too it seems - ran my VIN and saw the info on Kawi's website.

Sweet, I gotta take mine in

anacron
August 8th, 2013, 11:35 AM

Sweet, I gotta take mine in

Ran my VIN too and apparently I'm up for the ECU recall.

Weird... I haven't had any issues with stalling under decel (rev matching or clutch in and drop multiple gears).

Started hating the positive neutral finder though.

Edit: I see some rust on the exhaust too (time to grab some vinegar and elbow grease), or maybe just buy an Area P exhaust.