View Full Version : Kinda new

Blue Monkey
February 17th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I have been a member for about three weeks now but wanted to write something in the new member section since I haven't yet done so. I wanted to take a picture of my bike before I wrote something and the weather was finally nice enough to do so today.

Here is a picture of my first bike I bought when I was in college in 1993. It is a Honda 250 vtr.(no laughing) I later sold it for a 1990 Honda cbr 600. I had it for a few years and then sold it when I got married.

When gas got so high(I drive an ford F150 truck) I wanted to get something to ride to work to save money and I just couldn't get myself to buy a scooter like so many others. I then remembered my old 250 I once owned and thought I should look to see what 250's are out there now days and that is when I stumbled upon the 2008 ninja 250 and Instantly fell in love with it. I just had to convince my wife I was doing it to save money on my drive to work. It will take me 5 years to break even on what I paid for the bike verse what I save on gas but going to and from work is a lot more fun now.

Thanks for all the welcomes I have already received. I love this site and I am on it all the time. Thank you kelly for inviting me. I have learned so much about the 250 since I have been using this site and I love to see what everyone is doing with their bikes.

LETS RIDE!!!

Joel/ Blue Monkey

Alex
February 17th, 2009, 12:07 AM
:welcome: Blue Monkey! Glad you found us...

kkim
February 17th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Aloha and welcome, Joel.

We are indeed fortunate for the digs Alex has set up for us (don't tell him I said so :lol:) Glad you are enjoying your time here.

I owned a VTR250 back in 1991. That bike was something else and have many fond memories of it. That bike was also part of the reason, when I decided to get back into bikes last year, I choose the Ninja250. There is something about a small bore, lightweight street bike that one cannot get in a 600 SS.

mahalo for joining us
:)

ninjabrewer
February 17th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Welcome to the nuthouse.:p

This a great place to hangout and learn somethings.

nb

komohana
February 17th, 2009, 05:02 AM
:cbrsmiley: welcome back to the riding world! :thumbup:

BlueTyke
February 17th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the boards!

Snake
February 17th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Welcome and good to have you on board.

KJohnson21
February 17th, 2009, 11:43 AM
:welcome:

noche_caliente
February 17th, 2009, 05:22 PM
:welcome:

OldGuy
February 17th, 2009, 05:58 PM
When gas got so high(I drive an ford F150 truck) I wanted to get something to ride to work to save money and I just couldn't get myself to buy a scooter like so many others. . . . I just had to convince my wife I was doing it to save money on my drive to work. It will take me 5 years to break even on what I paid for the bike verse what I save on gas but going to and from work is a lot more fun now.
Joel/ Blue Monkey

Nice bike Joel. You're going to love every minutes.

OK everybody that has used that excuse to get their 250 raise their hand.

Joel do you know how to tell if your wife really bought that excuse or is just going with the plan?

Blue Monkey
February 17th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks, I do love riding to work now and other places. I am not sure if I can tell if she bought my excuse or if she is going with the plan, I have idea but I would like to hear yours. You have much more experience in that area then me cause you have two bikes now. Now that would take some convincing. I couldn't use the gas excuse if I already had a bike but wanted a new one. Is your old bike feeling any jealousy.

ManyCavies
February 19th, 2009, 05:54 PM
welcome :D