View Full Version : Black 2009 bodywork (new) and LOTS of other stuff for 250s

RaceBikeRentals
February 17th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I have a bunch of parts off of brand new 250Rs that I am converting to race bikes. These parts are all brand new with no miles. No funny stuff - no stolen parts. Perfect! Shipping costs to be actual UPS ground shipping cost. I can accept Paypal or Visa/Mastercard/Discover/American Express. Just call or email with any questions. My prices are MUCH lower than dealer prices or online prices. ALSO - MY PARTS ARE COMPLETE AND READY TO INSTALL! Unlike ordering from the dealer where you have to order 20 items just to make one complete part. Thanks.

Richard
richard@racebikerentals.com
(949) 315-0441

(1) Right mirror - $40
(5) Headlights complete with bulb and hardware - $160 each - LOWER PRICE
(6) Passenger seats - $60 each - LOWER PRICE
(2) Chrome exhaust shields - $50 each
(4) Rear fenders. Includes top piece, license light and license bracket - $70 each
(3) Rear tail lights - $110 each - LOWER PRICE
(8) Plastic shroud that mounts to upper and left/right cowls - $80 each - LOWER PRICE
(10) Passenger footpegs - $20 each
(7) Left-side passenger footpeg hangers - $30 each - LOWER PRICE
(7) Chain guards - black plastic - $15 each
(6) Side stands - $25 ea

(6) Dunlop 17" GT-501 tires. These tires have approx 15 miles on them. $120 per set or $70 for rears & $50 for fronts ------ NEW LOWER PRICES!!!!!
(2) Bridgestone BT-045 set - same as above

(1) 2008 Red right tail piece - $35

kkim
February 17th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Woo Hoo!!! The Parts Man cometh!! :whoo:

RaceBikeRentals
February 17th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I gots parts :)

TnNinjaGirl
February 17th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Negotiable or firm on prices?

kkim
February 17th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Is the new bike going to be your personal track bike now or does it go into the pool?

RaceBikeRentals
February 17th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Negotiable or firm on prices?

Firm on prices. These prices are better than you will find online or at the dealer, usually by a good margin, and parts are new.

RaceBikeRentals
February 17th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Is the new bike going to be your personal track bike now or does it go into the pool?

Its another rental. My personal bike is getting too ugly to rent to anyone else :(

Bsmith
February 17th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Man I would to get the black plastics, alas the wife has deemed I must buy more gear. That and pay of the truck.

Justanothermp5
February 17th, 2009, 08:04 PM
ok ill be getting in touch soon, keep one blue front fender and 2 turn signals for me if u could, just wrecked my bike and im really excited that i found this thread lol

edit: crap nvm on the front fender, i got confused, i thought that ment the upper fairing

u dont have a blue upper fairing do you?

maiku
February 17th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Pic of the red rear fairing? I need the left side. It's the one that's along the seat, right?

RaceBikeRentals
February 19th, 2009, 09:15 AM
ok ill be getting in touch soon, keep one blue front fender and 2 turn signals for me if u could, just wrecked my bike and im really excited that i found this thread lol

edit: crap nvm on the front fender, i got confused, i thought that ment the upper fairing

u dont have a blue upper fairing do you?

Sorry, no blue upper.

RaceBikeRentals
February 19th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Pic of the red rear fairing? I need the left side. It's the one that's along the seat, right?

I'll get a few pics posted later today. Thanks.

VeX
February 19th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Damn! I liked my GT-501's and wanted another set. Oh well :p

kkim
February 19th, 2009, 07:42 PM
how many miles did you get out of them? I know you do a lot of commuting.

Bsmith
February 19th, 2009, 07:44 PM
What about the black front fender?

RaceBikeRentals
February 19th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Damn! I liked my GT-501's and wanted another set. Oh well :p

I got em! For you, $125 per set :D

RaceBikeRentals
February 19th, 2009, 07:53 PM
What about the black front fender?

I have one for $70. New.

kkim
February 19th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Richard.. I picture you cruising around at night in a a van looking for 250Rs to pull up next to to remove specific requested parts! :lol:

By day, RaceBikeRentals.. by night, Midnight Bike Parts! You must have one of those magnetic signs on the side of the van so you can just switch them out at dusk?? :p

RaceBikeRentals
February 19th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Hahahaha... yeah, sometimes I feel that way. I just have boxes and boxes of this stuff, you know? You should see my garage, sheesh. Bikes everywhere. Lucky I have an understanding wife :)

kkim
February 19th, 2009, 08:51 PM
how about some pictures??? ...of the garage, not the wife... wait, on second thought.... :D

RaceBikeRentals
February 19th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I'll get back to you on that :D

Blue Ninja 250R
February 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Hi Richard, wondering how's your race bike looks like:confused::confused: any photo to share?:thumbup::thumbup:

RaceBikeRentals
February 20th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Lots of photos here: www.RaceBikeRentals.com

talldrink
February 20th, 2009, 08:45 AM
I'd like two front turn signals - PM me with info please.

thanks! ;)

RaceBikeRentals
February 20th, 2009, 09:49 AM
PM sent

00v_Lucky
February 22nd, 2009, 10:52 PM
do you have thunder blue rear seat cowls?

RaceBikeRentals
February 23rd, 2009, 07:31 AM
No blue seat cowls.

randomwalk101
February 24th, 2009, 01:29 PM
(6) Black plastic side cover - Left - $30 each
(7) Black plastic side cover - Right - $30 each

Are these the plastic pieces that is right under the seat (unpainted) or actual side fairing?

Buffalony
February 24th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Are these the plastic pieces that is right under the seat (unpainted) or actual side fairing?

Theyre the side covers right under the seat. the fairings go by the name cowling lowers and run right around $200.00 per side

randomwalk101
February 24th, 2009, 03:13 PM
K, cuz that side pieces sells for $30 somethings brand new at cheapcycleparts...virtually the same price so just wanted to clarified.

RaceBikeRentals
February 24th, 2009, 03:14 PM
The prices for Kawi stuff have gone down in the past month quite a bit. I haven't had a chance to adjust all my prices. Lemme check....

They're $36 at cheapcycleparts, so my price is almost 20% less, and I have em in stock :)

talldrink
February 25th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Received my order in the mail yesterday. THANX! :thumbup:

kkim
February 25th, 2009, 11:24 AM
what cha' buy, Deb? :)

talldrink
February 27th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I'm back!!!!!!!!! My computer (@ work) crashed and then I couldn't remember my password to login and had to get a new one. :eek:

Kkim - I just bought two front turn signals - one I need (small drop :( ) and one extra (just in case).

kkim
February 27th, 2009, 10:07 AM
:(

any other parts that you're looking for?

talldrink
February 27th, 2009, 10:25 AM
no - the bike is fine other than the clear lens on the turn signal being loose (wouldn't snap in tightly).

I dropped it while moving it into the garage for the winter. Other than that, it's fine!! :thumbup:

kkim
February 27th, 2009, 10:28 AM
whew!

:)

randomwalk101
February 27th, 2009, 11:24 AM
no - the bike is fine other than the clear lens on the turn signal being loose (wouldn't snap in tightly).

I dropped it while moving it into the garage for the winter. Other than that, it's fine!! :thumbup:

superglue bro .. :thumbup:

talldrink
February 27th, 2009, 11:36 AM
randomwalk - it's sis. :p

Yeah, I thought about the superglue but then thought about having to take the lens off to replace the bulb so......at $20 - I figured why not.

Shame to admit but it's the ONLY thing I've bought for my bike thus far. :(

kkim
February 27th, 2009, 11:45 AM

lol... that won't last. :D

talldrink
February 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I know - I already have my eye on some things!! (Stands, rim tape, seat cowl, etc.)

randomwalk101
February 27th, 2009, 12:19 PM

Yeah, I thought about the superglue but then thought about having to take the lens off to replace the bulb so......at $20 - I figured why not.

okay, let's THINK about this.

1) how long a bulb last? 1 year? 2 years? Let's say 2 years..
2) will you dump the bike at year 2 or keep it until year 10?
3) will you not drop the bike and break the signal again after 2 years?
4) is it too late to buy a new signal after 2 years?

but again, it's your money and ifyou're anal, go for it :D

kkim
February 27th, 2009, 12:20 PM
um, so that's not a picture of your bike in your avatar??:confused:

talldrink
February 27th, 2009, 12:30 PM
yes it is my bike (when i first got it) - why wouldn't it be?

talldrink
February 27th, 2009, 12:32 PM
OHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because of the seat cowl????? Long story - that's not my seat cowl.

kkim
February 27th, 2009, 12:32 PM
it has a seat cowl on it already. :)

edit... okay. :D

talldrink
February 27th, 2009, 12:37 PM
yeah - a friend of a friend has the exact same bike as mine (except their bike has some mods - tape, fender eliminator, monogramming, etc)

Justanothermp5
March 2nd, 2009, 07:24 AM
anybody know where this guys at? i sent him some money for parts and he hasnt been on here for a while
i just got scammed on another website and finally got my money back so i dont want it to happen again

noche_caliente
March 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
you won't be scammed on this one - guaranteed!

zartan
March 2nd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Deb you should be good to go. good company!!

kkim
March 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
Simon,

I agree. Richard is most likely busy over the weekend tending to his bike racing business. I'm sure he'll get back to you once he puts things in order. He's in California.

http://www.racebikerentals.com/

http://www.racebikerentals.com/about.htm

RaceBikeRentals
March 2nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
anybody know where this guys at? i sent him some money for parts and he hasnt been on here for a while
i just got scammed on another website and finally got my money back so i dont want it to happen again

Dude! You sent me the money on Saturday. I emailed you last night letting you know I was out of town until Tuesday night. I'm fast buddy, but I ain't that fast! Nobody ships on Saturday/Sunday, ya know?

RaceBikeRentals
March 2nd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Simon,

I agree. Richard is most likely busy over the weekend tending to his bike racing business. I'm sure he'll get back to you once he puts things in order. He's in California.

http://www.racebikerentals.com/

http://www.racebikerentals.com/about.htm

Thanks, Kelly. I'm actually in beautiful Albuquerque dealing with a newly vacant, trashed house. Lucky me.

Justanothermp5
March 3rd, 2009, 05:08 AM
Dude! You sent me the money on Saturday. I emailed you last night letting you know I was out of town until Tuesday night. I'm fast buddy, but I ain't that fast! Nobody ships on Saturday/Sunday, ya know?

oh yea srry sorry!! i didnt get the email i guess, my bad about that
i know nobody ships out on sat or sundays, just a little worried from past experiences

i didnt mean to poit fingers so early, sorry about that

Buffalony
March 3rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Anybody watch the vid on racebikerentals home page? 2:20 that sucks.

Question for Richard. Where can I get those quick release fairing bolts from?

blubyu
March 4th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I just wanted to say that I payed for a couple of things from Richard last Friday and today I found a box on my porch :thumbup:

kkim
March 4th, 2009, 09:50 PM
hope there was stuff inside the box! :D

blubyu
March 4th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Yep - two new black fairing pieces :)

RaceBikeRentals
March 5th, 2009, 08:19 AM
oh yea srry sorry!! i didnt get the email i guess, my bad about that
i know nobody ships out on sat or sundays, just a little worried from past experiences

i didnt mean to poit fingers so early, sorry about that

No problem... parts are on the way. Thanks.

RaceBikeRentals
March 5th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Anybody watch the vid on racebikerentals home page? 2:20 that sucks.

Question for Richard. Where can I get those quick release fairing bolts from?

Do you mean dzus fasteners? You can get them pretty much anywhere. I'd try your local Cycle Gear, or order them online at Kneedraggers.com.

RaceBikeRentals
March 5th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I just wanted to say that I payed for a couple of things from Richard last Friday and today I found a box on my porch :thumbup:

Glad they made it to you!

Sailariel
March 5th, 2009, 09:48 AM

Deb, Try a small dab of clear silicone caulk. You don`t need much. It never dries completely so you can change bulbs with ease. I use it on the bezels for my fog lights because they tended to vibrate loose. Also works great on bolts if you don`t have Loctite Blue handy.

Buffalony
March 5th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Do you mean dzus fasteners? You can get them pretty much anywhere. I'd try your local Cycle Gear, or order them online at Kneedraggers.com.

Thank you very much sir.

RaceBikeRentals
March 5th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Another good source: http://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/

Buffalony
March 5th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah I really wanted em in black.:thumbup:
Theres so many though. I'll have to spend alittle more time figuring out what set I actually need. Did you use rivet on or clip on?

It's really cool what you do. I think it's pretty awesome you still find time to chat on these forums. You must have alot of energy sir. Cheers

RaceBikeRentals
March 8th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah I really wanted em in black.:thumbup:
Theres so many though. I'll have to spend alittle more time figuring out what set I actually need. Did you use rivet on or clip on?

It's really cool what you do. I think it's pretty awesome you still find time to chat on these forums. You must have alot of energy sir. Cheers

I'm fortunate to not have a real job, so I have a little time to harass people online :)

I use the clipon style. Rivet is better, but a real pain. Clipons work just fine.

Custom Seat Creations
March 8th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Grat items! I'll have to fave that website.

~Becky

Justanothermp5
March 10th, 2009, 09:06 AM
dang man, idk why i doubt you but you are an A+++ seller
got my parts today when i came home from school, fairing is in great shape blinkers look brand new

thanks again, and expect more of my business on your site :D

RaceBikeRentals
March 10th, 2009, 10:13 AM
:thumbup:

jdesiano1
March 11th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Have any red parts left?

RaceBikeRentals
March 11th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Only a right tail piece left in red.

paterick4o8
March 12th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Ahh I really wish you had a black front fender :(
.. even though I just ordered a blue one from you haha
but anyway I think it would look so much cooler if I had a black front.
you're not holdin out on me are you Rich? are ya???

Justanothermp5
March 13th, 2009, 04:18 AM
just wanted to let you know, got the clipons in the mail, should be installing tomm

thanks again!

RaceBikeRentals
March 13th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Ahh I really wish you had a black front fender :(
.. even though I just ordered a blue one from you haha
but anyway I think it would look so much cooler if I had a black front.
you're not holdin out on me are you Rich? are ya???

Pm sent, ya trouble maker.

RaceBikeRentals
March 13th, 2009, 06:30 AM
just wanted to let you know, got the clipons in the mail, should be installing tomm

thanks again!

Awesome! Post up your notes when you have them on.

paterick4o8
March 17th, 2009, 09:29 PM
got the parts Rich, thanks. Although I was hoping the "Motorcycle Wheel Chock" would of been included since that's what the box shows. jk

but damnit! I didn't realize I may need another part now. I'll let you know

wyckedflesh
March 30th, 2009, 08:57 PM
You still have those Racetech .90 Springs?

RaceBikeRentals
March 31st, 2009, 08:35 AM
Yep, still have em.

wyckedflesh
March 31st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Yep, still have em.

PM Sent

snrobins
April 14th, 2009, 11:10 PM
do you have any parts for a red ninja 250r my son has wrecked his bike and all his stuff is scratched and i am looking to buy him all new for his birthday

kkim
April 14th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Hi Sherri,

not to be mean, but you should consider leaving the bike as is until he learns to ride a bit better. If he's just starting out, the chances of him dropping the bike again is very good. May I suggest instead of new plastics to make the bike look better, you consider getting him some great safety gear for his birthday? helmet, boots, gloves, jacket and riding pants should the the minimum he should be wearing when headed out... every time he rides.

no disrespect intended.

snrobins
April 14th, 2009, 11:38 PM
He was hit by a drunk driver this wreck wasn't his fault it was the safety gear i had bought him that saved him.He has taken the safety courses and everything before he ever got to ride his bike he got the bike for his birthday last year and then a drunk driver hit him so its not his driving its the people who just have no respect for bikes. but thanks for the thought

Hi Sherri,

not to be mean, but you should consider leaving the bike as is until he learns to ride a bit better. If he's just starting out, the chances of him dropping the bike again is very good. May I suggest instead of new plastics to make the bike look better, you consider getting him some great safety gear for his birthday? helmet, boots, gloves, jacket and riding pants should the the minimum he should be wearing when headed out... every time he rides.

no disrespect intended.

kkim
April 14th, 2009, 11:44 PM
take a look at the first post in this thread. Richard updates his list quite frequently and hopefully he has items that can be used on your son's bike. If you do find something, email him. I highly recommend him as a seller.

send your son over to join ninjette once his birthday passes. :)

you're a cool parent to be so involved with his motorcycling. :thumbup:

why is it the other driver is not paying to fix the damages instead of you?

aloha,
kelly

RaceBikeRentals
April 15th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Yes, as Kelly says, first post is up to date. Sorry about your son's accident and hope he is OK. Just guessing the drunk driver had no insurance?

RaceBikeRentals
April 22nd, 2009, 01:29 PM
Please see new post with updated list: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=48244#post48244