View Full Version : Ignored interactions

Daks
June 7th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I am quoted by people on my ignore list and it notifies me of this.
It should really be changed so that they can't quote you or so it at least doesn't notify you.

It would be easy for someone to harass another like that by quote-bombing everything they post, all while the person trying to take the high ground by ignoring in the first place can't see what the other user has written if it's slanderous or trollish.

Alex
June 8th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure this is fixable. There are a couple of modifications that are working together on this. I have one installed to not let those on a user's ignore list to post in the threads they started. The modification that provides the notifications is the same one that allows people to mention eachother. If you're getting these notifications, it seems that mod isn't checking the ignore list for the notification function. While I see the issue, IMO it's not a large enough issue to disable mentions and quote notifications entirely. I will ping the mod developer to see if they can in fact incorporate checks for the ignore list within the mod.

Also - the user who has ignored another user always had the option of clicking on the post to show what the ignored user has said; it's not completely blanked, it's just hidden until that click.

If someone is making use of this loophole to harass you on this site, please let me know and it will be taken care of.

Daks
June 8th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure this is fixable. There are a couple of modifications that are working together on this. I have one installed to not let those on a user's ignore list to post in the threads they started. The modification that provides the notifications is the same one that allows people to mention eachother. If you're getting these notifications, it seems that mod isn't checking the ignore list for the notification function. While I see the issue, IMO it's not a large enough issue to disable mentions and quote notifications entirely. I will ping the mod developer to see if they can in fact incorporate checks for the ignore list within the mod.

Also - the user who has ignored another user always had the option of clicking on the post to show what the ignored user has said; it's not completely blanked, it's just hidden until that click.

If someone is making use of this loophole to harass you on this site, please let me know and it will be taken care of.
Oh, yeah, no use getting rid of the mentions/notifications all together for this but on other forums I've been on, these little loopholes have become problems for some users.

As for those who choose to ignore another, the whole point is not to see their posts rather than be baited into defending themselves or getting into what could become something nasty.

It falls somewhere in between preventing harassment and killing some temptation to bite back.

For me I have no enemies or harassers but just a number of people whose opinions I value little enough that the site is more enjoyable without them there. But some are high-volume posters who quote me often and it's a bit annoying, is all.

If nothing can be done, then I'll live but for now I'd figure I'd throw it out there.

rojoracing53
June 8th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Can't we all just get along. :rolleyes:

Daks
June 8th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Can't we all just get along. :rolleyes:

Apparently not, and that's why people have to ignore other people. ;)

JohnnyBravo
June 17th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Jiggles strikes again

rojoracing53
June 17th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Can someone ignore me because I'm kinda feeling left out here :mad:

lgk
June 17th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I cant think of anyone to ignore really, posters are actually pretty friendly here.

himynameisjoe
June 19th, 2013, 10:05 PM
I've just never understood the function. On other forums it has actually made me incredibly hostile towards a member. He ignored me for something I said way back. So the next two years he literally was ignoring me. I forgot I offended the guy in the first place and became quite offended myself. So I gave him something to ignore me about... turns out the joke was one me. :lol:

JohnnyBravo
July 5th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Some folks have personality conflicts and are better off not seeing what each other type... It can def be for the best and most peaceful forum

lgk
July 5th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Some folks have personality conflicts and are better off not seeing what each other type... It can def be for the best and most peaceful forum

Personality conflict!?!?!?!!!, here?!!!?!?!
this place is like San Angeles before Wesley Snipes escaped prison.

JohnnyBravo
July 5th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Personality conflict!?!?!?!!!, here?!!!?!?!
this place is like San Angeles before Wesley Snipes escaped prison.

What's a San Angeles?

lgk
July 5th, 2013, 06:32 AM
What's a San Angeles?

watch Demolition Man, you'll see what i mean, lol.

JohnnyBravo
July 5th, 2013, 09:14 AM
watch Demolition Man, you'll see what i mean, lol.

Haha oh yea... I see your point

cuong-nutz
July 5th, 2013, 10:13 AM
http://i.minus.com/iY9H1qG1ZUxqL.gif

JohnnyBravo
August 1st, 2013, 11:52 PM
Great gif.

Lowered expectations