View Full Version : Getting my new bike on Friday!!

LR1914
June 11th, 2013, 08:38 AM
So after looking over some bikes locally, I finally found one I'm comfortable with buying.

There is a guy in town who is an MSF instructor. On the side he also buys used Ninjas (2008 and up) and cleans them, replaces parts that need replacing, paints them if needed, and basically gets them up to show room quality before selling them.

I'm getting a 2008 with low miles and the peace of mind that I won't have to buy new tires, clean the carbs, etc. right off the bat. It is also going to be painted black and have nice blue decals put on. I'm going to put a deposit on it today and it will be ready by Friday.

I'm totally stoked!

:thumbup:

Sirref
June 11th, 2013, 08:50 AM
that is the chillest msf instructor I have ever heard of

"ok class, now the people who are interested in starting with easily manageable power allowing you to truly master the fundamentals in a safer manner please hit me up for a bike that I fixed up for you"

LR1914
June 11th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Lol. At least you know the bike is safe!

dwright0723
June 11th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Congrats! :thumbup:

NylundHD
June 11th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Nice! Can't wait to see some pics!

ninjamunky85
June 11th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Sounds like a great deal, as long as the price is fair. Congrats

Dano
June 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Sounds like a really nice side business for him... he has unlimited buyers and I am sure he sells them on the higher $$$ side of blue book....

I think this is a great idea, new riders have someone they can trust to get a bike from!

crazymadbastard
June 11th, 2013, 03:35 PM
:thumbup:Sweet, look forward to pics

PHL
June 11th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Congratulations! I think it's a good idea to buy your first bike you know has been looked over. You can concentrate on riding, not whether all your basic maintenance has been done.

psych0hans
June 11th, 2013, 10:10 PM
:D Good luck!!!

LR1914
June 12th, 2013, 10:07 AM
So I went and test rode it last night and it feels great. It's actually going to take a bit longer to be ready because some parts haven't arrived yet. He is replacing a couple of fairings and is putting on a new, blue chain, new battery, and blue wheel stripes.

He showed me a couple of other bikes he is working on, and his painting skills are superb. Mine is about 10 days out. I can't wait!

Honestly I don't think he is making a ton of money on this one. The bike is already great to ride, and he is using genuine OEM fairings, which aren't cheap. The paint job alone would set me back a good few hundred dollars. But I think he is trying to get a good local reputation and is working hard to put out great quality bikes.

Ugh, 10 days is a looooooong time!!!