View Full Version : Anyone near L.A. attending Hot Import Nights?

00v_Lucky
February 19th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I think i'd be a great idea if anyone is attending HIN to go in a pack!

http://www.hotimportnights.com/home.asp

It is on Saturday March 14th @ dodgers stadium

Last year tickets were around $20

Interested?

Beast
February 19th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I used to be way into the import scene............in 1998 when I was 16 :)

Thanks for the offer, but count me out.

00v_Lucky
February 19th, 2009, 11:58 PM
you're not even into the ladies?

Beast
February 20th, 2009, 12:07 AM
you're not even into the ladies?

Sorry, there's only one lady I'm into ;) Haha, I dunno, those import models don't do it for me anymore. However the days of Francine Dee and Sasha Singleton were good times.

I also had the tips of my hair bleached blonde too during those times :cool:

00v_Lucky
February 20th, 2009, 02:04 AM
yea, what was loonnng ago. were circle glasses in too?

Oh, and could you tell me where you got your rims painted gold/bronze? I'd like to do the same.

Beast
February 20th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I went to Advanced Kawasaki in Buena Park (where I bought my bike) and they outsourced them to a local powder coater.

If you do plan to change the color of your wheels know that you'll have to:

A) Get new seals and bearings because the powder coating can't happen unless the wheel is nothing but bare metal. The motorcycle shop should advise you on this...they'll usually order what you need to replace them. It's about $65-75 dollars if I can remember for the parts

B)LABOR = Pay the shop to strip the paint on your wheels (that is not free or easy), Remove your old bearings and seals, and install new ones, Remove and reinstall your tires, and install your wheels again. About $175

C) The paint itself. First you need to bring reference material in so they know what type of "gold" or whatever you're looking for. (i.e. All reds aren't the same, if you get red and you wanted cherry instead of brick, you're screwed). Basically, the more info you give the shop, the less of a chance they have to screw it up.

D) Cost to paint/coat the wheels (about $300 for both)...but your results may vary.

aloh
February 20th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I'll be going with a group people from my 350z forum.