View Full Version : AreaP Exhaust

miks
February 20th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Hey.

I've been told that AreaP do make a flat end piece (thanks Kkim) and I was wondering the following things;

1. Is it an optional thing (where I get to pick between the standard one and the flat piece) or do I have to buy it separately (if so, how much would it cost)?

2. Does the flat end piece affect the exhaust at all? (ie. Sound, performance etc)

3. No offense, but is it possible to paint the can black (black satin powder coat - same as the hanger) as I do not like the look of CF (all CF products).

4. Also the lengths of the cans, I can see that there is a 12" and a 18" one but I was told that there was 3 lengths, I would assume that it would be 15".
The question is that what are the differences between the lengths of the cans except for the 'loudness' factor?

5. Last but not least, is it possible to throw in a free t-shirt?:redface:

kkim
February 20th, 2009, 09:59 PM
here's a pic of the flat endpiece off their website. As I understand it, you specify which cap you want when you order and it's delivered with it at no extra charge. I like the look of that one, too.

http://www.areapnolimits.com/images/product/zx10r_08_2_big.jpg
http://www.areapnolimits.com/images/product/zx10r_08_big.jpg

miks
February 20th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks Kkim, looks lovely!

aloh
February 20th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Other than the lengths of the cans and loudness, weight would also be a little bit different.

miks
February 21st, 2009, 01:13 AM
Other than the lengths of the cans and loudness, weight would also be a little bit different.

Oh yeah, that never crossed my mind, thanks.

noche_caliente
February 21st, 2009, 01:06 PM
Mike if you haven't already done so, you might send a PM to kbryant - that's Kerry, the owner of AreaP, and give him the link to his thread - that way he can answer your questions and they will be here for everyone to see.

noche_caliente
February 21st, 2009, 01:20 PM
Here is a convo I had a while back via e-mail with Kerry that might help answer some of your questions...

I am interested in purchasing the quiet core for the '08 Ninja 250, but I am having difficulty deciding between the 15" and the 18". I listened to the sound clip for the 12", but was unable to find one for either of the quiet core models. Do you have any other clips, or more info on the decibel ratings on the 15" compared to the stock can? Also, is the dyno data similar for the 15" and 18" compared to the 12"?
Thanks!

Thank you for the inquiry. Please find a sound clip attached of the 18" quiet core muffler.
We only have sound clips for the 18" quiet core muffler and 12" standard muffler. The dyno chart between these two options are almost identical. But the 18" is significantly quieter. We recommend staying with the 18" muffler length when using the quiet core option.

Sincerely,
Kerry Bryant
President - Area P, Inc.
Silent Sport N.A., Inc.
1240 Simon Circle, G/H
Anaheim, CA 92806
Ph - 714-630-2386
Fx - 714-630-2422
www.areapnolimits.com

Guinss
February 21st, 2009, 02:01 PM
That flat endpiece looks so much better. If i were going to buy exhaust it would be yoshi because of the looks, but now when i see that flat endpiece on the areap, theyre pretty much equal in looks in my opinion.

miks
February 21st, 2009, 08:41 PM
That flat endpiece looks so much better. If i were going to buy exhaust it would be yoshi because of the looks, but now when i see that flat endpiece on the areap, theyre pretty much equal in looks in my opinion.

I agree with you, I like the look of the flat end piece! :thumbup:

Also, thanks Kim! :)

kbryant
February 21st, 2009, 09:33 PM
I'll be happy to answer your questions. Highlighted in "Blue" Thank you for asking them.

Hey.

I've been told that AreaP do make a flat end piece (thanks Kkim) and I was wondering the following things;

1. Is it an optional thing (where I get to pick between the standard one and the flat piece) or do I have to buy it separately (if so, how much would it cost)? Yes, it's an option, but at no extra charge. You simply request it at the time you place the order and we install it.

2. Does the flat end piece affect the exhaust at all? (ie. Sound, performance etc) Performance is the same. It can be perceived as slightly louder because it does not have the "diffuser" tip (standard exit tip) which is pointing down slightly. It can also get slightly discolored over time for the same reason (a slight reversion affect), but is very easy to clean up like new with a normal red or green scotchbrite pad.

3. No offense, but is it possible to paint the can black (black satin powder coat - same as the hanger) as I do not like the look of CF (all CF products). If you mean can you paint the stainless steel muffler; sure.

4. Also the lengths of the cans, I can see that there is a 12" and a 18" one but I was told that there was 3 lengths, I would assume that it would be 15".
The question is that what are the differences between the lengths of the cans except for the 'loudness' factor? Aesthetics and weight, in addition to sound. Powerband is very slightly changed as well. Not overall power, just where it begins and ends. Actually, in carbon fiber, you can choose anything from 9.0" to 18.0". In stainless steel, you can choose 9", 12", 14" or 18"

5. Last but not least, is it possible to throw in a free t-shirt?:redface: No, but thank you for asking. I would be happy to include one in the box for $15. ;)

sharky nrk
February 22nd, 2009, 10:22 AM
here's a pic of the flat endpiece off their website. As I understand it, you specify which cap you want when you order and it's delivered with it at no extra charge. I like the look of that one, too.

http://www.areapnolimits.com/images/product/zx10r_08_2_big.jpg
http://www.areapnolimits.com/images/product/zx10r_08_big.jpg

new 6R already?

kkim
February 22nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
why ??? don't you think I was ready??? should I have waited??? :(

sharky nrk
February 22nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
lol - no i meant the exhaust being out

kkim
February 22nd, 2009, 10:58 AM
lol... j/k.:D

If you look at their website, I believe they do have an exhaust out for the new bike, though I don't know if it's a fully or slip on.

kbryant
February 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
We've had the '09 ZX6 Slip-On choices (both "muffler" & megaphone styles) available for several months. Quite honestly, we've had them in stock and ready even before the bikes were delivered to the dealers! :D

Kurosaki
February 22nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
That black bike looks like a zx10 to me. ;)

kazam58
February 22nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Oooh, I like that endcap.
Now I have to ask, because I read all about it, but it seems like everyone here who as an Area P has the Quiet Core, is it really that that much of a difference compared to the standard one? I know that people have said that the HR1 and a few other exhausts are just unbearably loud, but is the standard Area P one of those? I'd eventually like to get this exhaust and I like the look of the shorter exhaust (and the fact that it's a little cheaper) but if it's too loud I wouldn't go for it. What are people's opinions on the two versions? especially those of you who can compare them...

Kurosaki
February 22nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Yes, the difference is quite significant between the quiet core and standard.

The standard AreaP is rather loud. The quiet core can produce alot of volume too and you will be heard but that's more when you're strong on the throttle in higher RPM. Partial throttle and just cruising, it's not very loud at all. The standard seems to be loud practically all of the time no matter what you do.

If you want some good volume but don't want to hear that ALL of the time, the quiet core is for you.

Those are my thoughts after riding with other 250s that have the standard can on both the street and at the track.

noche_caliente
February 22nd, 2009, 05:31 PM
listen to the sound clips and decide for yourself

kazam58
February 22nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks Kuro, that's basically exactly what I wanted to know ;)

listen to the sound clips and decide for yourself
I have, it's just difficult to judge what the sound difference is with computer speakers. Especially since it seems that any sound clip of an exhaust gets rather distorted when you get into the upper half of the rpm range. Or maybe that's just me...

CRXTrek
February 22nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I thought an HR-1 sounded Ok from the YouTube clip :o

Having to do it over i'd go by the opinions of those who have actually heard them :thumbup:

Blue Monkey
February 22nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
At first I thought the standard muffler sounded great but after riding for a few weeks it started to wear on me. I wore ear plugs and it helped but was still a little too loud for me. I love the sound but i wanted to turn down the volume some so I decided to buy the quiet core and I love it. It still has a good sound but it is not so over bearing, especially on long rides. I say this and then hope someone will buy my 12 area p muffler. Lots of people like them but just too loud for me or I'm just too old. I wear ear plugs still.

Army Aviator
February 22nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
I wear earplugs whenever I ride no matter what because I have because I have to worry about hearing tests. I had the 18" quiet core but I wanted the shorter muffler and more volume, so now I've swapped with another owner for the 12" version. I'll give more input on how I feel about the swap when my bike comes back together, but right now I'm doing damn near all of the DIY's at the same time so the bike looks like this.

-Nate

kazam58
February 23rd, 2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the input guys.
Good luck with the bike, Nate, looks like a hell of a project. Let us know how it turns out. With pics of course ;)

rallyegolf
February 25th, 2009, 10:33 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/mdeamer/P1010189.jpg

This is the custom Pipe they made for me with the quiet core internals and the flat end cap. I think I was the first 250 to run this end cap. I saw it on another bike on the Area P web site and just asked if I could run it on my 250, and they said "sure, why not." Area P kicks ass. Customer for life.

I just noticed my end cap is different then the one in the first pic?
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/mdeamer/IMG_0190.jpg

miks
February 25th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Parker; you're exhaust doesn't look like the 18" QC (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you don't mind me asking, how long is your exhaust and how much extra (if you did) did you have to pay for the QC option and the flat end piece?

Cheers.

kkim
February 25th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I believe that's the 15" can.

Army Aviator
February 25th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I wear earplugs whenever I ride no matter what because I have because I have to worry about hearing tests. I had the 18" quiet core but I wanted the shorter muffler and more volume, so now I've swapped with another owner for the 12" version. I'll give more input on how I feel about the swap when my bike comes back together, but right now I'm doing damn near all of the DIY's at the same time so the bike looks like this.

-Nate

My bike is running again and...

Dear god I love this short exhaust! It looks better and it sounds mad as hell! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Can't wait for tomorrow so I can go riding again.:woot:

Kurosaki
February 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
That's the 15 incher. Happy medium for those that want a little more volume but not quite as much as the standard.

miks
February 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I believe that's the 15" can.

Thanks mate, you always have the answers!

Edit: thanks kuro.

rallyegolf
February 25th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Parker; you're exhaust doesn't look like the 18" QC (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you don't mind me asking, how long is your exhaust and how much extra (if you did) did you have to pay for the QC option and the flat end piece?

Cheers.

The 18" was too long, so I asked them to make mine 15". I kind of started a trend with the 15" flat cap pipe they made me. I posted it up on kawiforums with a spun clip, and I got a lot of propel complimenting the look and sound. If I had to do it all over again, I would have done the same thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blue Ninja 250R
February 26th, 2009, 02:33 AM
I love the pipe! :thumbup::thumbup::allhail::clap2:

rallyegolf
February 26th, 2009, 06:40 AM
The 18" was too long, so I asked them to make mine 15". I kind of started a trend with the 15" flat cap pipe they made me. I posted it up on kawiforums with a spun clip, and I got a lot of propel complimenting the look and sound. If I had to do it all over again, I would have done the same thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow typing with my iPhone make a lot of mistakes. Sorry for the spelling errors. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Buffalony
February 28th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I know this is small but is there anyway to get the logo in a different color? Are there any plans for this in the future?

sharky nrk
February 28th, 2009, 09:48 AM
That black bike looks like a zx10 to me. ;)

lol - somehow i missed the 10R sticker on the tail lol - whatever they look exactly the same now lol

i wish areaP's exhaust for my bike look as awesome as the 250s

Buffalony
February 28th, 2009, 12:40 PM
:artist:
:pray:

CRXTrek
February 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
lol - somehow i missed the 10R sticker on the tail lol - whatever they look exactly the same now lol

i wish areaP's exhaust for my bike look as awesome as the 250s

The thing i noticed 1st was those ugly signal mirrors the 10r comes with . :eek:

Nemy
February 28th, 2009, 03:05 PM
cool, I never knew AreaP could have custom ends. I was never a big fan of the protruding tip but some of their custom flat ends look sweeeet!

Looks good rallyegolf! :thumbup:

sharky nrk
March 1st, 2009, 11:18 AM
The thing i noticed 1st was those ugly signal mirrors the 10r comes with . :eek:

they are indeed hideous

centexninja
March 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Are the end caps interchangeable? In case I get it and dont like the look of it after a while I can put the other tip on it.

kkim
March 4th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I believe they are, but Kerry would be the one to better answer that question.

kbryant
March 5th, 2009, 09:15 AM
The end caps can be interchanged, but it requires you to return it to us. The core requires an adaptor modification to accept the different end cap. It runs about $50 for the service (that includes the new end cap assembly). While the core is being modified for the new end cap, we disassemble the entire muffler, inspect, repack and rebond, and replace the hardware at no extra charge.

ajaygraci
March 7th, 2009, 08:17 AM
lol areap i have an exhaust of yours, its loud!
i bought it second hand wit no scratches but it didnt have a sticker... i dont think the endcap that sticks out is ugly wtf they talking about ...

centexninja
March 7th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Man, I cant wait to get my Area P exhaust! Stupid college taking all of my money.

miks
March 7th, 2009, 08:26 PM
lol areap i have an exhaust of yours, its loud!
i bought it second hand wit no scratches but it didnt have a sticker... i dont think the endcap that sticks out is ugly wtf they talking about ...

It is a matter of personal opinion.

In my opinion, I don't think the protruding end cap is 'ugly', I just prefer the look of the flat end cap.

And aren't you the guy that bought the copied version of the AreaP exhaust and then started ranting on how so and so hasn't replied to you or something?

The thread I'm talking about (http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=130424)

CRXTrek
March 7th, 2009, 08:59 PM
:jumping10: ^^^ Pirate Label MFG.....
SCRUB LINK (http://www.kawiforums.com/showpost.php?p=1569489&postcount=21)

kkim
March 7th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I dunno, miks... it says he has a full area P in his user info right under his name.

ajaygraci- if you have a copycat area p exhaust on your bike and are listing you have an area P, you gonna piss a lot of people off as Kerry, the owner of area P is an active member here and he's got a thing for people trying to pass stuff off as area P when it isn't.

ajaygraci
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Angelo

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r, black, area p full exhaust.

miks
March 8th, 2009, 12:25 AM
He probably does have an AreaP system, but I do know he attempted to buy the 'Private label MFG' one.

He might have, he might not have -- but the thread I linked does show that he had already paid $3xx for the 'Private label MFG' exhaust.

I have nothing against this person, nor the 'Private Label MFG' pipe -- but I am against people claiming something is something else.

Alex
March 8th, 2009, 12:26 AM
<threadjack>

love the new avatar, miks! do you have a larger version of it anywhere?

</threadjack>

miks
March 8th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Sorry mate, the pic is quite small.

And what does 'threadjack' mean?

Sound Wave
March 8th, 2009, 05:03 AM
And what does 'threadjack' mean?

it means that he is going to go off topic. if not brought back on course, sometimes it will steer the thread in a completely different direction. i know, because sometimes i am guilty of it. :o

ok, :focus: :)

Jiu Jitsu Player
March 8th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Here's a question somewhat on topic that I thought you guys or the Area P owner could answer- Does Area P make slip on exhausts for the 250? I didn't see any on their site but maybe someone had the inside scoop on whether they are coming soon or can be special ordered. thx

kkim
March 8th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Nope, no slip ons available. I don't know if they plan to offer any in the future, but my guess would be "no".

miks
March 9th, 2009, 04:19 AM
But but ... the full exhaust system is available for a low low price!

Jiu Jitsu Player
March 9th, 2009, 05:21 AM
I know but I dont think Im skilled enough to install it myself and paying labor for someone to do it is probably way too much...

kkim
March 9th, 2009, 01:40 PM
have you read the install DIY?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10005

armed with that and a service manual, you'll be able to do it with the right tools and enough time to learn as you go. best time to get to know the workings of your bike. :)

ajaygraci
March 9th, 2009, 02:56 PM
It is a matter of personal opinion.

In my opinion, I don't think the protruding end cap is 'ugly', I just prefer the look of the flat end cap.

And aren't you the guy that bought the copied version of the AreaP exhaust and then started ranting on how so and so hasn't replied to you or something?

The thread I'm talking about (http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=130424)

????
:thumbup:

ahskeetz
March 31st, 2009, 07:46 PM
I think that the standard is pretty loud. I'd prefer if it wasn't as loud, but it sure does sound pretty good. Anyone wanna trade me for a quiet core? :D

gizmogamez
April 2nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
what is the weight difference between the different pipes? i'm thinking of going with an 18" CF, but now that i know there is a 15" that could be nice...
also if i'm not mistakin..the 18" is the same length as the stock exhaust right?

CRXTrek
April 2nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
what is the weight difference between the different pipes? i'm thinking of going with an 18" CF, but now that i know there is a 15" that could be nice...
also if i'm not mistakin..the 18" is the same length as the stock exhaust right?
Not enough to worry about
Buy for the sound and look you are after
18in. is the same as stock length, give or take a little
:)

gizmogamez
April 2nd, 2009, 12:35 PM
thx! 18" CF system with that cool flat tip it is! should look sweet on my new baby

CRXTrek
April 2nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
thx! 18" CF system with that cool flat tip it is! should look sweet on my new baby

Yeah, You can't go wrong with an Area P :thumbup:

M-Oorb
April 2nd, 2009, 05:11 PM
Ok so I'm thinking about finally getting a new exhaust...took a while to convince myself to spend 450+ for one. I decided on the area P 15in cf with the flat tip. This may be a stupid question...but will this work with the zartan exhaust hanger? I'm guessing so since you can still use the stock footpegs just wondering if anyone has done this or has had problems with this?

noche_caliente
April 2nd, 2009, 05:36 PM
Kelly has and it does :)

M-Oorb
April 2nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
I was under the impression that kelly had the 18in? I was just wondering if the lack of 3 inches would make a difference

kkim
April 2nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
15" will work with Z's hanger. The 3 extra inches are all after the hanger.

M-Oorb
April 2nd, 2009, 08:12 PM
Sweet...now I just hope richard sells the 15in cf with flat tip :)
Posted via Mobile Device

miks
April 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Woo flat tips! Remember to post up some pictures of the bike and exhaust!

Verus Cidere
April 2nd, 2009, 10:43 PM
I'm going to be going for one of these flat tips when I get my exhaust. Maybe I'll even be the first pregen with one! :D

Buffalony
April 3rd, 2009, 05:46 AM
Does the 15" get annoying on long rides. Is always loud like the 12"?

CRXTrek
April 3rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Does the 15" get annoying on long rides. Is always loud like the 12"?
No, On the highway wind noise is almost as loud. I love my Area P

sometimesido
April 3rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
there's always earplugs.

Blue Monkey
April 3rd, 2009, 01:21 PM
I had the 12 and it was way too loud even with ear plugs. I bought the 18 and I first thought it was too quiet but over time it seems to have gotten louder and I think it is plenty loud now and I always wear ear plugs. IMO the 15 looks the best but it still might be too loud for my liking. I also like the other look better than the flat cap.

Buffalony
April 4th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Thanks.
I'm thinking about a 15" quiet core. But I want to have an agressive sound on the back burner ya know! I like long rides though and I don't want anything that'll make me want to stop and take a break if you know what I mean.
I also prefer the protruding end piece. Looks more old school racey to me.

Army Aviator
April 4th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I had the 18" and it was way too quiet for me so I traded for the 12" and couldn't be happier. I always wear earplugs when I ride anyway, no matter what exhaust I have, because I need to pass hearing tests to keep my job. Far as looks go, I think the 12" exhaust is the winner and I don't like the flat cap look on any Area-P.

Nate

M-Oorb
April 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Ok so Im looking at the 2 pictures in the beg. of this thread showing the end caps. Is it me...or are they different? On the 6r the end cap seems to be sitting flush whereas on the 10r is protrudes a little bit? I happen to like the end cap on the 10r a lotttt more than the flush one...if they are in fact different. So which one can we get with our 250?

CRXTrek
April 5th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Ok so Im looking at the 2 pictures in the beg. of this thread showing the end caps. Is it me...or are they different? On the 6r the end cap seems to be sitting flush whereas on the 10r is protrudes a little bit? I happen to like the end cap on the 10r a lotttt more than the flush one...if they are in fact different. So which one can we get with our 250?
The endcaps are different , but the bikes are the same...10r

M-Oorb
April 5th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Oops :rolleyes:. So anyone know which end cap we get with our little 250? Or do we have a choice of flat end caps?!

kkim
April 5th, 2009, 03:12 PM
lol... I know who can. :D

Why don't you PM or email Kerry and ask him?

M-Oorb
April 5th, 2009, 03:30 PM
You think your so smart dont you kelly huh?! Dont ya!? ;) I'll shoot him a pm and post up what I find out for all you guys

kbryant
April 5th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Oops :rolleyes:. So anyone know which end cap we get with our little 250? Or do we have a choice of flat end caps?!

Picture of the production Flat Conical End Cap. We CNC this from 6061 billet aluminum material.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da24b3127ccec69e6121b0c500000040O00AbMmLRw5ct2IPbz4S/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

M-Oorb
April 5th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks a lot kerry for clearing this up. So if I'm not mistaken if you look at the pictures from the beg. of the thread then the green zx-10 has to current flat end cap whereas the black zx-10 uses a 2 piece that they no longer make(if im mistaken please correct me.) I personally like the 2 piece discontinued one better(isnt that that way it always works:rolleyes:) I'm sure there was some reason with going with this design but IMO I like the other one better. What is everyone elses belief...maybe we can convince him to change back ;) I wonder if there's a way to convince kerry to make a one off of the old ones...hmmm

kbryant
April 5th, 2009, 07:33 PM
My pleasure. No, we won't be going back to that original two piece design on our sportbike line. It was too heavy and much more complex to build/machine. We still utilize the design on some of our ATV/Offroad systems, where the two piece design houses a removable spark arrestor. The one piece is superior in all other ways, but if you "really" want one of the originals, I can probably come up with one for you.

Lurkable
April 23rd, 2009, 12:41 AM
I agree with Matt about the two piece end cap looking better (shown on black zx10). If I knew it was possible to get an 18" quiet core with that old style end cap I would order one...tomorrow. ;) Otherwise I would prefer the bent spout.

I wonder are there other significant differences between the two flat end caps besides weight and complexity?

kbryant
April 23rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
I agree with Matt about the two piece end cap looking better (shown on black zx10). If I knew it was possible to get an 18" quiet core with that old style end cap I would order one...tomorrow. ;) Otherwise I would prefer the bent spout.

I wonder are there other significant differences between the two flat end caps besides weight and complexity?

I believe we have two or three sets left of the old style 2-piece style. We did actually just make a system for a customer with that style (along with a very short 9" carbon fiber muffler). But as indicated, after they are gone, that is all she wrote.

And no, there are no differences other than stated of weight and complexity.

thebulbousone
April 24th, 2009, 11:53 AM
finally took the plunge!!!! here's what i got in a box today and all i have to say is....i'm not usually speechless or short on words but Kerry hooked me up! 9" Area-P carbon fiber with the 2-piece conical end.... i'm still drooling... thanks TONS Kerry! (btw... check out the flush mount rear turn signals...)

Buffalony
April 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
9" like whoa.
That sucker must be loud eh.

kkim
April 24th, 2009, 09:53 PM
finally took the plunge!!!! here's what i got in a box today and all i have to say is....i'm not usually speechless or short on words but Kerry hooked me up! 9" Area-P carbon fiber with the 2-piece conical end.... i'm still drooling... thanks TONS Kerry!

hey mason... looks great, but can you make it so we can see larger versions of the pics? they aren't clickable. :(

Lurkable
April 24th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Heh, and while you're at it post a video or sound clip.

thebulbousone
April 25th, 2009, 01:20 PM
will do.... on my way to take off the klean air system!!!

thebulbousone
April 25th, 2009, 06:04 PM
new pics up ^^^^^^^.... and its loud but not bad at all... video to follow..

Rocketman
April 26th, 2009, 02:54 PM
new pics up ^^^^^^^.... and its loud but not bad at all... video to follow..

Looks good..looking forward to a video.

tanman
April 27th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I'd like to sell my brand new Area P exhaust because i find it too loud, or i would like to trade the twelve inch can with someone who has an eighteen inch quiet-core exhaust. Thanks

Lurkable
April 29th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Kerry I must thank you... was a pleasure doing business with you. :thumbup:
It looks beautiful and sounds unbelievably sexy!

http://home.comcast.net/~fastexpand/ap2.jpg

M-Oorb
April 30th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Andrew...lovin the 2 piece flat tip! I myself finally gave in a purchased a 15in cf exhaust with the 2in core and the last 2 piece flat tip that they had. I cant wait to get home from school in 2 weeks to put it on :).

thebulbousone
April 30th, 2009, 04:39 PM
2 piece flat tips rule!!!!!

M-Oorb
April 30th, 2009, 05:22 PM
That gives me an idea for a new thread...

Ohh Snap
June 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM
the only place to purchase it is through their website?

kkim
June 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM
yes.

Tubesock
June 9th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Wow I'm really glad someone posted something on this thread because the end cap was the only thing stopping me from getting an Area P exhaust and now I know it comes with a different end cap I'll be all over it!

miks
June 9th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Can't you buy an exhaust from "Race bike rentals" (sp?)

NJD022588
June 10th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Yep. Only the standard 12" can and in carbon fiber, I believe.

RaceBikeRentals
June 10th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I'll check with Kerry at Area-P and see if I can add the long can and the flat cap. Shouldn't be a problem.

Ohh Snap
June 12th, 2009, 01:34 PM
i wish they made slipons :amen:

kkim
June 12th, 2009, 01:36 PM

good lord, why?? :p

kbryant
June 12th, 2009, 02:00 PM

No plans to ever offer one. When we were doing our R&D on the full system, we did prototype a Slip-On and tested it extensively. It made slightly less than 1 hp, with a Dynojet Kit. It simply made no sense at all to manufacture it.

Ohh Snap
June 12th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I understand that. Right now money is tight and i want something nice fairly cheap and quick, the full system i believe is about $500?

That was the only reason, i want some sound to begin with, but will get FULL exhaust over the summer.

kkim
June 12th, 2009, 02:05 PM
modify your stock can or find a used slip on. :)

Ohh Snap
June 12th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Im trying to find a used slip on, no luck so far, at least on Craigslist.

I dont want the stock exhaust there :rolleyes:

EDIT: What happens if i take my stock exhaust out, will it run like ****?

kkim
June 12th, 2009, 02:13 PM
how's this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-NINJA-EX-250-TWO-BROTHERS-CARBON-FIBER-EXHAUST_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1171Q7c240Q 3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2ea5e6 db42QQitemZ200351865666QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

personally, I'd just wait till I had enough money to buy an AP system. hey wait... I did! :D

Ohh Snap
June 12th, 2009, 02:19 PM
how's this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-NINJA-EX-250-TWO-BROTHERS-CARBON-FIBER-EXHAUST_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1171Q7c240Q 3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2ea5e6 db42QQitemZ200351865666QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

personally, I'd just wait till I had enough money to buy an AP system. hey wait... I did! :D

Thanks for that K.

I've been reading and researching and looked all over ebay, i found a couple deals but really add $200 more and i can get an AreaP Full.

So i guess its a matter of what comes first. and if i have cash in my hand, which when i do is usually bad, because they run away from me :D

kkim
June 12th, 2009, 02:23 PM
So i guess its a matter of what comes first. and if i have cash in my hand, which when i do is usually bad, because they run away from me :D

Learn to DIY to fix that hole in your pocket.:D You're not the first or last that will ever have leaky pockets, but it's entirely within your power to repair it.

Ohh Snap
June 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Well i will install it myself :D

wayanlam
June 25th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Kerry, could we get a Db reading for a 15" quiet core by chance?

i just listened to the 18" vs stock exhaust that Kim posted http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22790 and i really like the sound. however i prefer the looks of the 15" flat end, specially the old 2 piece ends are all gone :hurt: damn u M-Oorb! rofl...

thanks guys for this thread, and kkm for linking me here, since now im definitely set on getting an AP.

Hokie11
June 26th, 2009, 04:34 AM
i am sold now with teh flat end piece and 15" qc cf. now just funds...

Snake
June 26th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Well i will install it myself :D

Let us know how hard of a process it is. I want to install mine myself to save money.

kbryant
June 26th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Kerry, could we get a Db reading for a 15" quiet core by chance?

No sound readings available on the special order configurations. But I would calculate it to be about 2 dbA or so louder than the 18" long quiet core muffler with turn down exit tip.

RaceBikeRentals
June 29th, 2009, 11:02 AM
FYI, I have added the "Quiet" long core Area P exhausts, as well as the flat tip option to the RaceBikeRentals store :)

Purspeed
June 29th, 2009, 06:29 PM
The quality of Area-P's products and the raw amount of hours that go into create the 'perfect' system is awe-inspiring.

If you can find me a company that has the expertise, R&D, and true care about squeezing every bit of horsepower of the the Ninja 250r, I will be impressed.

My Area-P exhaust is a work of art in its execution and the pinnacle of design. Each section of tubing has been bent and mated to larger and smaller diameter tubing to achieve the perfect "pulse" for exiting exhaust gasses.

This means creating a system so that exhaust gas velocities are 'right on' to maximize horsepower...harmonics play a big role.

You cannot simply get a larger diameter tubing, bend it to fit, add brackets and call it a day. I think that Area-P's technology gets lost in the arguments because many riders judge a system by appearance and published data (which may have credibilty issues if coming from companies other than Area-P).

Bottom line, Area-P's exhaust will make your bike happy.