View Full Version : New Adjustable Pazzo Clutch Lever Installed - PICS

muffinman
February 22nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
I hated how far out the OEM clutch engaged (hand fatigue) and being new to riding + having smaller hands, I wanted something that was more comfortable and easier to "ease" out consistently.

I ordered the clutch lever (black with green adjuster) from Pazzo and got a call/email from Jamie saying they were out of green (got titanium instead). Great customer service - Jamie was awesome to deal with and made sure my shipment got out ASAP.

Anyway, install takes about 10 min... for those who don't read the manual (like me), once the lever is loosened, twist it all the way around so the clutch cable pops off (removed the white plastic bit carefully and put it back in afterwards but not sure if that's necessary).

The bike engages like... half an inch out now.. love it.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7215/pazzo1ic4.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3646/pazzo2qs6.jpg

JUST TO CLARIFY, this is the *NEW* pazzo lever specifically designed for our 2008-09 Ninja 250R's (NO EX500 perch required, it is a direct swap)

Alex
February 22nd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Looks great!

HKr1
February 22nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
:thumbup:

muffinman
February 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks. The lever changed my entire perception of what it means to have a bike that "fits" the rider. It feels so... right.

kazam58
February 22nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
Cool, That looks like a nice piece there! I guess they finally came out with a 250 specific one, I know a lot of people were retrofitting others...

I don't know if I am the only one, but I actually like where the standard clutch lever engages, I feel that for me it's just right. But then again, my hands are pretty damn big, especially when you compare them to the rest of me, I'm kind of a small person.

Alex
February 22nd, 2009, 03:56 PM
But then again, my hands are pretty damn big, especially when you compare them to the rest of me...

Everybody altogether now: "HOW BIG ARE THEY?"

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=672

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=671

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=670

muffinman
February 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Cool, That looks like a nice piece there! I guess they finally came out with a 250 specific one, I know a lot of people were retrofitting others...

I don't know if I am the only one, but I actually like where the standard clutch lever engages, I feel that for me it's just right. But then again, my hands are pretty damn big, especially when you compare them to the rest of me, I'm kind of a small person.

Haha yeah, my buddy has these ridiculously long crypt-keeper fingers and after I swapped levers, he kept stalling my bike

kazam58
February 22nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
lol, thanks for putting it in proportion Alex. I was just commenting. I've found few people with hands as big as mine...and usually they tower over.
long crypt-keeper fingers...I like that...lol

noche_caliente
February 22nd, 2009, 05:34 PM
I'm jealous!

camaroz1985
February 22nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
hands or levers?? ;)

CRXTrek
February 28th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I got mine. Titanium short levers. I got the engraving, It's very small and hard to see . Not really worth the extra $$. When it warms up a little i'll get them on and put up another pic.
They put all the extras in the box free.:D

aloh
February 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM
nice!! I would love to have a pair of these levers.

Sound Wave
March 1st, 2009, 01:06 AM
I got mine. Titanium short levers. I got the engraving, It's very small and hard to see . Not really worth the extra $$. When it warms up a little i'll get them on and put up another pic.
They put all the extras in the box free.:D

can you also post up diy pics?

so... what is the purpose of these again? adjusts where it catches?

noche_caliente
March 1st, 2009, 09:56 AM
Gary - they let you adjust where the levers are in relation to the bars. For those of us with small hands, it's a really long reach from the bars to the levers. The first day I went out on her, I couldn't really use my left thumb for a couple of days due to the soreness from the reach :( This lets the levers come in a little closer and engage closer so that you don't have as much hand fatigue

Sound Wave
March 1st, 2009, 11:31 AM
thanks.

CRXTrek
March 1st, 2009, 02:14 PM
It's 29 degrees, but i couldn't wait to put them on.
Only one bolt removes each lever, so it's real easy...except the clutch side was over torqued at the factory or it's just to damn cold to work outside, but it snapped off. New bolt & nut on order .
Here's pics

grandmaster
March 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM
Sorry to change the subject. But where did you get your flushmounts. Link please if at all possible. Thanks.

CRXTrek
March 1st, 2009, 03:32 PM
Sorry to change the subject. But where did you get your flushmounts. Link please if at all possible. Thanks.
I got the Smoked at http://www.morepoweracing.com/product.asp?strPageHistory=category&numSearchStartRecord=0&strParents=3005%2C29859%2C5425%2C2836&CAT_ID=2836&P_ID=3948&btnProduct=More+Details
I thought they would be black, but they only show smoked at an angle.
But i got a can of Nite-Shades to take care of that. As soon as it's warm enough to spray.

I got the Small Smoke 122-9736 :banghead: Not the Mediums
Clear is 122-9737

CRXTrek
March 1st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Difference in settings 1 and 6 to the grip

noche_caliente
March 1st, 2009, 04:18 PM
steve- thanks for the great comparison! any chance you can show a pic of what that looks like compared to stock? :)

CRXTrek
March 1st, 2009, 04:36 PM
steve- thanks for the great comparison! any chance you can show a pic of what that looks like compared to stock? :)
I tried to hold stock lever straight above the PAZZO set out on #6
#1 is closer to the grip
Hope this pic helps

noche_caliente
March 1st, 2009, 04:47 PM
Perfect! Thank you SO much!

grandmaster
March 2nd, 2009, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the link

CRXTrek
March 2nd, 2009, 01:38 AM
I got the Smoked at http://www.morepoweracing.com/product.asp?strPageHistory=category&numSearchStartRecord=0&strParents=3005%2C29859%2C5425%2C2836&CAT_ID=2836&P_ID=3948&btnProduct=More+Details
I thought they would be black, but they only show smoked at an angle.
But i got a can of Nite-Shades to take care of that. As soon as it's warm enough to spray.

I got the Small Smoke 122-9736 :banghead:
Clear is 122-9737

Thanks for the link

Here's a Link (http://www.kawiforums.com/showpost.php?p=1198149&postcount=12) to show how to install

sharky nrk
March 2nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
looks great - too bad they are so freaking expensive

islanderman7
March 2nd, 2009, 12:32 PM
Way off topic, but to the OP... I see a little ninja there. Now where's my prize?:couch2:

Also, what is that single red LED light there for?

muffinman
March 4th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Way off topic, but to the OP... I see a little ninja there. Now where's my prize?:couch2:

Also, what is that single red LED light there for?

Haha good catch! Unfortunately, the little guy is falling off.. need to Gorilla glue the sucker back on

The red LED light is the security system indicator. It blinks when it's armed :thumbup:

muffinman
March 4th, 2009, 12:25 AM
CRX - looks great! I wish I could afford matching sets...

I got those extras as well, haha.. have more Pazzo stickers than I know what to do with

HKr1
March 9th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Pazzo is pretty first rate! Have been waiting for motomummy to hook me up...... Finally said screw it, and ordered direct from Pazzo! Well, Marcus just gave me a call letting me know about the adjusters (green/orange) getting plated out in Cali. That it will be a few days and all, told him no problem.... time doesnt really matter to me on it (no rush) :) Thought it was kinda of nice of them to call.

No longer a surprise brake lever for the the wife........ as she was right there listening.

Ichiro
March 12th, 2009, 09:27 AM
For those interested, I just ordered a set(clutch AND brake) for my '08 250 from motomummy and the total cost was $179.00 including free shipping. Also, they have a promotion and throw in a pair of "Driven Gel grips" which retail for $16.00 for free. Saved $36.00 and got the free grips compared to ordering directly from Pazzo which charges $199.00 PLUS $16.00 for shipping to the States. Ordered last night and just got a shipping confirmation this morning. Good deal.

http://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=16138&cat=357&page=1

HKr1
March 12th, 2009, 10:16 AM
^ About time Corey added it to the list, I bugged him enough. Now he needs to add 250r to the sato section :)

Viper-Byte
March 12th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Argh, they look so good! and so much cheaper than direct from Pazzo! :D
Just a shame I have decided to go to Australia... I have no money left for a month... :(

noche_caliente
March 15th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I did it - just pulled the trigger and got the levers :) Was debating between them and a another purchase, but odds were just tipped in the levers' favor :) Can't wait to get them on - will provide pics!

CaliGirl
March 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I did it - just pulled the trigger and got the levers :) Was debating between them and a another purchase, but odds were just tipped in the levers' favor :) Can't wait to get them on - will provide pics!

Good for you! Let us know how you like them. :)
Did you get the shorties or the regular ?

Ichiro
March 15th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Levers were delivered in two days from Motomummy. Installation is fast and easy. The only mechanical skill needed is the ability to take out and replace a bolt and add a dab of grease. No more than 10 minutes total for brake and clutch. Fit and finish is perfect and the range of adjustment is amazing. I have very small hands and am fine with them set at 2 rather than 1(closest to bar). Highly recommended.
By the way, I got the long ones and they are a little shorter than stock.

noche_caliente
March 15th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Good for you! Let us know how you like them. :)
Did you get the shorties or the regular ?

will do! I got the long levers - and after reading Ichiro's post below, I'm glad I did!

Levers were delivered in two days from Motomummy. Installation is fast and easy. The only mechanical skill needed is the ability to take out and replace a bolt and add a dab of grease. No more than 10 minutes total for brake and clutch. Fit and finish is perfect and the range of adjustment is amazing. I have very small hands and am fine with them set at 2 rather than 1(closest to bar). Highly recommended.
By the way, I got the long ones and they are a little shorter than stock.
Thanks for posting that! I went back and forth on the length and between getting blue or black - you just made me feel much better!
Did you get the grips as well? What do you think of them?

Ichiro
March 15th, 2009, 06:51 PM
will do! I got the long levers - and after reading Ichiro's post below, I'm glad I did!

Thanks for posting that! I went back and forth on the length and between getting blue or black - you just made me feel much better!
Did you get the grips as well? What do you think of them?

I know what you mean about deciding about the length. Would have been clearer if Pazzo called them "Normal" and "Short", but...oh well.

The free grips are nice, but didn't put them on yet. Lots of tiny "nubs" so they add some cushion and won't slip in your hands. I have no problem with the stock grips so in no hurry to change them.

HKr1
March 20th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Bump :)

Get your Pazzos :D

kkim
March 20th, 2009, 02:31 PM
you do the clutch side too? :)

HKr1
March 20th, 2009, 02:40 PM
you do the clutch side too? :)

Last year....... you have another birthday:boink:

kkim
March 20th, 2009, 02:43 PM
dammit...

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?pictureid=664&albumid=63&dl=1235287366&thumb=1

muffinman
April 27th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Anyone else find themselves bumping up the adjustment of the Pazzo lever higher/further and higher/further? I don't know if I'm developing finger strength but I have the lever set two notches further than what I originally had it on when first installed.

CRXTrek
April 27th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I set mine to where the clutch would be disengaged with a full pull to the grip and brake set so i don't pinch my two fingers that i don't use to pull the lever.
clutch at 4 brake at 3