View Full Version : Rattling Noise

hieuster
February 22nd, 2009, 09:17 PM
So tonight on my ride to the local grocery store, I start hearing this rattling noise coming from the front of my bike. I only hear it when the rpm is high (> 6k). Do you guys think it's the fairings that is making the sound? I only have 100 miles on the bike so I don't know what is making that rattling sound. Never heard of it before.

kkim
February 22nd, 2009, 10:55 PM
does it do it at 6k rpm when the bike is stationary?

grandmaster
February 22nd, 2009, 11:06 PM
Clutch lever....?

hieuster
February 23rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
does it do it at 6k rpm when the bike is stationary?

yes it does.

grandmaster
February 23rd, 2009, 10:09 AM
place pressure on the clutch lever (but dont pull it in) and see if it stops.

kkim
February 23rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
yes it does.

then have someone blip the throttle to get the bike to make the noise as you isolate exactly where the noise if coming from. :)

Buffalony
February 23rd, 2009, 04:46 PM
check the bottom most part of the windshield. stick your hand against it while reving to see if it stops.

kkim
February 24th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Danny... any update??? :)

hieuster
February 24th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Danny... any update??? :)

I tried holding the windshield to see if the sound would stop but it didn't. Tonight, I did the HID conversion install and took all the fairings off hoping that when put back together the rattling would stop. The rattle is still there but not as loud as before. I think I'll just try to ignore it for now, but my new headlight is awesome and I can see a whole lot better! :D

Thank you all for your help! :thumbup:

kkim
February 24th, 2009, 11:53 PM
yeah... HIDs are awesome for this bike. :thumbup:

as you rev, have you tried putting your hand in different places to silence the rattle? gotta be something relatively easy.

santaduda
June 30th, 2013, 10:07 PM
So tonight on my ride to the local grocery store, I start hearing this rattling noise coming from the front of my bike. I only hear it when the rpm is high (> 6k). Do you guys think it's the fairings that is making the sound? I only have 100 miles on the bike so I don't know what is making that rattling sound. Never heard of it before.

Hi All,

I had the same issue on my Ninja 250R at 6K RPM as well. I fixed it by tightening the clutch leaver and the rattling noise disappeared!! :)

I did not understand why it was happening, and I asked the service guys to fix it at any cost. They gave a stupid reasons saying it will become fine after riding it for few days. I noticed that they had done a half clutch change on my bike and the clutch leaver was a little loose. I was tired of asking them to take a look at it and I tightened the clutch leaver myself and the crazy sound disappeared !! :D

csmith12
July 3rd, 2013, 06:47 AM
Welcome Prashanth!

Ktam
July 3rd, 2013, 11:13 PM
Same problem. Know what it was? A pair of dinky washers in my headlight unit. Didn't look like it came from anywhere nor did it look like it was going to cause any issues so I left em there :thumbup: