View Full Version : Prophetic Chocolates

BlueTyke
February 23rd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Be afraid. Be very afraid :eek:

So I was eatting some Dove chocolates. I just love the way they melt in your mouth. Well Dove puts these random little sayings on their wrappers. Some of them are insperational and cute so I have a small collection.

Anyway! So I am eatting this chocolate. Along comes some hiccups. Great so I swallow what chocolate was still melting deliciously in my mouth in order to take a few sips of water and try to burp the hiccups away. Ironically this normally works for me. It didn't this time. So I glare at my water cup and curse it's lack of function. Fine I'll hold my breath. While turning blue in the face I discover that this does not seem to work either. Great! I love hiccups. Love them to pieces! (Please note the sarcasim) So I decided since I had to 'scarf' my last piece I was going to have another. It's only fair right? Hehehe. So I open up this piece, all the while going Hickup...Hikcup... and feeling the tight spasim in my chest. I pick up the chocolate and examine the wrapper.

"Take 5 deep breaths" :shifty: You have got to be kidding me... Seriously?

Alright fine. The chocolate says do this, why not, I tried everything else... One... suck in.... hold a second, let it out.... Two, suck in.... hold a second, let it out.... Three..... Four..... Five.... And wouldn't you know it but the blasted hiccups stopped!

How is that for starting out your day huh?

Btw my chocolate now says "It's never to late for a fresh start" How am I supposed to take that one? :eek:

OldGuy
February 23rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
Be afraid. Be very afraid :eek:

Btw my chocolate now says "It's never to late for a fresh start" How am I supposed to take that one? :eek:

Maybe you're supposed to go back to bed and take a nap?:rolleyes:

ninjabrewer
February 23rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
wow

BlueTyke
February 23rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
LOL How I wish I could take a nap! :sleep:

Alas I am at work though and cannot sleep until later in which I have to do laundry so no sleeping then either!

Sailariel
February 23rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Sunny, My bride is also a chochoholic. It is really good for you. Chocolate raises your Seratonin Levels--like Prozac. Great for keeping you in a good mood. I like chocolate very much, but sugar has an opposite effect in me--puts me to sleep--so I stay away from sweets--except evenings. I never need sleeping pills. That was a great story. I will have to remember the five deep breaths.

BlueTyke
February 24th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Hehe thanks. Chocolate and Ice cream are me two weaknesses. Thankfully though as of recent note Fruit has been a very good supstitute for Chocolate (note not the ice cream).

I am weary of my chocolate now though... :shifty:

xTKx
February 24th, 2009, 02:27 PM
LOL! Funny story. I had a fortune cookie that became slightly true one time...

BlueTyke
February 24th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I have had several. It's all a matter of time though, but thats why they make them so veg

Sailariel
February 24th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Hehe thanks. Chocolate and Ice cream are me two weaknesses. Thankfully though as of recent note Fruit has been a very good supstitute for Chocolate (note not the ice cream).

I am weary of my chocolate now though... :shifty:

Fruit is cool--but so is dark chocolate. I like Ice Cream in the evening--Edy`s believe it or not-sort of low calorie, Mint Chocolate Chip. Very decadent. When we lived on the boat, our frige did not keep ice cream long. My wife and I used to stop at a store when we were in port and get two pints of Ben and Jerry`s ice cream. She liked Cherry Garcia and I liked Chubby Hubby. We would go back to the boat--usually anchored, by dinghy, and sit on deck enjoying the sunset and ice cream. We didn`t eat supper that night. Now we always have ice cream in the frige. It`s really not quite the same.

xTKx
February 24th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Fruit is cool--but so is dark chocolate. I like Ice Cream in the evening--Edy`s believe it or not-sort of low calorie, Mint Chocolate Chip. Very decadent. When we lived on the boat, our frige did not keep ice cream long. My wife and I used to stop at a store when we were in port and get two pints of Ben and Jerry`s ice cream. She liked Cherry Garcia and I liked Chubby Hubby. We would go back to the boat--usually anchored, by dinghy, and sit on deck enjoying the sunset and ice cream. We didn`t eat supper that night. Now we always have ice cream in the frige. It`s really not quite the same.

My favorite sweet of all time is definitely dark chocolate! Mmmmmm... :drool:
Also, my favorite B&J's ice cream is phish food...

I'm no longer hungry for dinner.. :p

Jane Honda
February 24th, 2009, 06:32 PM
MmMmmm... Chocolate... :drool:

OldGuy
February 24th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Now we always have ice cream in the frige. It`s really not quite the same.

Especially with 46" of snow on the ground.:(

BlueTyke
February 25th, 2009, 04:07 PM

That sounds wonderful! I am sure that is an experience not many can say they have had.

Did you know, if you ever make it to the West coast, that Edy's is Dreyers... Just so you don't get confused or anything.... Like I did :shifty: Just like Hardees is Carls Jr... :eek: you would think they would simplify things by calling it the same thing but I have a feeling there were buy outs along the way leaving the rest of the world confused. :D