View Full Version : Slip on exhaust for cali model 300

quadcrazy
June 26th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Hey guys, I am thinking of getting a two brothers slip on exhaust for the 300. Only concern is that it is a cali model, which means it has cats and some other differences I don't know 100% about. Does anyone know if I'd have to do anything special to avoid problems with this slip on? I think someone said it may make the bike run leaner than it already does, can anyone back that up? And if so, would a commander be necessary?

Thanks!

tfkrocks
June 26th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Slip-on exhausts don't really change anything. Don't worry too much about it. A tuner such as power commander would still help the bike run better regardless as the stock bike is tuned for better fuel efficiency and for emission standards, not for power.

JELY1990
June 26th, 2013, 10:59 PM
:whatshesaid:

quadcrazy
June 26th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Slip-on exhausts don't really change anything. Don't worry too much about it. A tuner such as power commander would still help the bike run better regardless as the stock bike is tuned for better fuel efficiency and for emission standards, not for power.

Thanks for the quick response. By just doing the slip on and not the full exhaust system it still gets a significant noise increase right? Isn't that why people generally get them?

JELY1990
June 26th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Yes people generally get them for a different sound. Some are louder than others. Like the mgp growler for the 250 is known as one of the loudest and most annoying exhausts you can get.

quadcrazy
June 26th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Yes people generally get them for a different sound. Some are louder than others. Like the mgp growler for the 250 is known as one of the loudest and most annoying exhausts you can get.

Lol gotcha. How would you rate the two.brothers slip on?

JELY1990
June 26th, 2013, 11:27 PM
I haven't heard a two brothers on a 250 but on my friend's cbr600 it sounds great.

Since you're interested in aftermarket exhausts you should check out AreaP (http://areapnolimits.com/products/Slip-On-Exhaust-Kawasaki-Ninja-300-2013.php) if want more performance plus better sound. It'll cost you more though.

quadcrazy
June 26th, 2013, 11:31 PM
I haven't heard a two brothers on a 250 but on my friend's cbr600 it sounds great.

Since you're interested in aftermarket exhausts you should check out AreaP (http://areapnolimits.com/products/Slip-On-Exhaust-Kawasaki-Ninja-300-2013.php) if want more performance plus better sound. It'll cost you more though.

I will check it out, thanks!

tfkrocks
June 26th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the quick response. By just doing the slip on and not the full exhaust system it still gets a significant noise increase right? Isn't that why people generally get them?

Slip-ons are purely for sound and looks. The sound level differs based on the one you get and whether or not you have a baffle in.

JELY1990
June 26th, 2013, 11:33 PM
No problem. How did you end up with a cali model by the way? Cause isn't Lake Worth in Florida?

quadcrazy
June 26th, 2013, 11:41 PM

quadcrazy
June 26th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Slip-ons are purely for sound and looks. The sound level differs based on the one you get and whether or not you have a baffle in.

What is a baffle? How do I know if a slip on comes with one?

tfkrocks
June 27th, 2013, 12:45 AM
What is a baffle? How do I know if a slip on comes with one?

It's a removable insert that goes in the exhaust to reduce the sound. They usually tell you whether or not it comes with a baffle or if you need to buy it as a separate part.

Dark
June 27th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I wouldn't bother with a power commander if you're only installing a slip on, no real point for what it costs.

The only differences with the california model (IIRC) is the charcoal canistor that captures fuel vapors from the tank (and spillage).

quadcrazy
June 27th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks for all the responses and help guys! I will be ordering soon! And Jelly you're right, Lake Worth is in Florida. I ended up with a cali model because my uncle's brother in law is the VP of the dealership I bought it from, and the last ninja 300's he was getting for the year were cali models which is what I ended up getting.