View Full Version : Tomorrow is the big day!!!

tlhamon
February 26th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Well, the dealer is in a hurry to clear out the store room so they are delivering the Red Scare tomorrow. The weather is still going to be in the 30's at least for another week, so I will spend a lot of time just looking at it. It is really going to make sitting through the rest of the winter hard. I will post pictures when I get it all dressed up.

kkim
February 26th, 2009, 05:27 PM
kewl!! :dancecool:

Strider
February 26th, 2009, 05:29 PM
:thumbup: Alright!
Looking forward to seeing it :)

g21-30
February 26th, 2009, 05:41 PM
If it ain't snowing and freezing, layer up and ride it! I hate the cold, but I have been out in the single digits (not wind chill single digits).

islanderman7
February 26th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Awesome. Happy buying. :D

OldGuy
February 26th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I'm thinking we need to start a pool to see how long the bike will really sit in the garage. :rolleyes:

Great news Thomas - if you've had your MSF and have the gear like Sam said, layer up and get out there.

ninjabrewer
February 26th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I'm thinking we need to start a pool to see how long the bike will really sit in the garage. :rolleyes:

Great news Thomas - if you've had your MSF and have the gear like Sam said, layer up and get out there.

Ditto, of course I can't say much, BUT, I do remember riding a bicycle in 30 deg temps.

Looking forward to seeing those pics.

nb

jpnfrk
February 26th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Good luck on your big day tomorrow!! :D

ManyCavies
February 26th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Congrats! I can hardly wait for pics.

tlhamon
February 27th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Yeah, I'm tough, but I can't handle the cold. Unless I'm on fire, I'm cold. Rest assured that the first warm day it WILL be on the road. I will post before and after pics, although my mods are going to be very subtle. Tonight will be swing arm sliders.

BlueTyke
February 27th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Yay for you! :)

CC Cowboy
February 27th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Heated gloves, heated socks, 5 layers of clothes, extra on the knees too (they get real cold), or just a snowmobile suit = big smile and lots of cold hearted fun.

sugarbear
February 27th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Congratulations on your new bike! My new BLUE 2009 Ninja has been sitting in the garage for one month now. Can't wait to get it out and start breaking it in! Shouldn't be long now....
See you on the road!:thumbup:
Carol

xTKx
February 27th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Congrats Thomas!! I will hopefully be joining the ninjette ranks pretty soon! But now I'm just limited to wearing some gear and running around the house... :p What makes it even worse is that the temps here have been topping out in the mid 70's and there's hardly been a cloud in the sky...

BTW: Welcome to the board Carol!! :wave:

athimmel
February 27th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Congrats! I thought it would be an eternity before I could take my little blue blaze out on the road with all the rain we've been getting, but I look for the opportunities and take them!

You know, if you get a good suit, you won't be cold at all. Just ask the dealer for a recommendation. Most are riders themselves, so they can turn you to a suit that will keep you warm no matter what.

Have fun! :thumbup:

tlhamon
February 27th, 2009, 05:19 PM
She looks great! I put the swing arm sliders on her so I could get her up off of the cement and that was it. My fingers still sting from the stupid cold. I ran some dry gas through and put her into hibernation at least for a few more weeks.

islanderman7
February 27th, 2009, 05:23 PM
:worthlesswithoutpic

tlhamon
February 28th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Here she is and here she will stay (covered up of course) until the weather cooperates, so maybe August?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/tlhamon/000_0009.jpg

ninjabrewer
February 28th, 2009, 10:59 AM
congrats on getting her home, nice looking bike. You will enjoy it.

nb

kkim
February 28th, 2009, 11:07 AM
:thumbup:

Sailariel
February 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Thomas, Congrats on your new ride. You mentioned Dry Gas. I would not add any more. Dry gas is alcohol and your gasoline is unfortunately 10% alcohol. I would use StaBil or K-100 instead. Our new fuels like to separate after a while and tend to attract moisture. Fill the tank, add your additive of choice, and you will be good to go. There is a fairly good discussion on Ethanol Fuels elsewhere on this forum. Try to stay warm.

OldGuy
February 28th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Nice looking ride Thomas - if you really get bored go into the garage, sit on the bike, but your helmet on and a) make varhoom, varhoom noises or b) put a monitor in front of you and play Kelly's work commute video with the volume cranked wide open http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10057&highlight=kkim+video.

In either case besure you have the garage door closed or - well you know - the neighbors. Ask me how I know? :rolleyes:

Buffalony
February 28th, 2009, 04:55 PM
If you do go out.....cold rubber and fresh cold pavement dont go well together period. I couldnt wait until the warmth and took mine out. I low sided at 15-20 mph around a traffic circle! $400-600 ride!!! so go slow if you get to tempted. Congrats. good luck.

tlhamon
February 28th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah, everyone seems to want me to take it out, but in addition to the -40 degree windchill, those tires are NOT made for cold weather (I've ridden at 50 degrees before and they were a bit hairy).

noche_caliente
February 28th, 2009, 05:27 PM
welcome!

Buffalony
February 28th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah, everyone seems to want me to take it out, but in addition to the -40 degree windchill, those tires are NOT made for cold weather (I've ridden at 50 degrees before and they were a bit hairy).

And its to frickin new

jpnfrk
February 28th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Hopefully you won't have to wait so long to ride your gorgeous bike!! :D

komohana
March 1st, 2009, 01:53 AM
congrats on the delivery..
hopefully the weather will be well enuff to ride where you are...

till then...if it was me?...i'd be thinking of ways to move her into the livingroom

:ashamed20:

tlhamon
March 1st, 2009, 06:43 AM
I considered storing it in my laundry area as it is big enough, but the whole "gasoline fumes causing the pilot light on the furnace to cause and explosion" clause in my insurance policy changed my mind.
It's supposed to be near 50 by Friday so maybe she will get out.

Buffalony
March 1st, 2009, 09:05 AM
I considered storing it in my laundry area as it is big enough, but the whole "gasoline fumes causing the pilot light on the furnace to cause and explosion" clause in my insurance policy changed my mind.
It's supposed to be near 50 by Friday so maybe she will get out.

Just remember that if the road looks chalky.. its salt and it will find a way to hitch a ride.

tlhamon
March 4th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Supposed to be near 60 on Friday so if it doesn't rain, I will finally get it out on the road and show it off. Yee-haa!

OldGuy
March 4th, 2009, 09:39 AM

OK who had 8 days in the pool?:p