View Full Version : User name origins...

Jane Honda
February 26th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I am curious about how people came up with their user names. I will start.

I grew up with mostly Honda's, and way back when, I wanted an F4i. So, I wanted my user name to be something witty, and sort of generic. Like Jane Doe, with a Jane Fonda twist for wit.

Jane Honda was born.

Alex
February 26th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I spent hours and hours thinking of a good one, and landed on my first name. :D

Kelly started a similar thread awhile back right here (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10885). No worries if there's a second thread, but just let me know if you'd like me to tag this on to the end of that one. (although that one had its own foray into other topics as well, so maybe a fresh new start is warranted) :thumbup:

k-os
February 26th, 2009, 09:19 PM
k-os, a Canadian hip-hop artists that has positive messages and great beats, not the standard radio "bitches and bling" hip-hop.

jpnfrk
February 26th, 2009, 09:39 PM
A fresh start sounds like a good idea :D

I've always been in love with Japan and I first created this username about 8 years ago. Don't recall why, but at the time I did not want any vocals and I never really modified it later...

japanfreak

Oh well, that's that. :p

watcanido
February 26th, 2009, 09:55 PM
watcanido = what can i do

got the name playing poker with some friends.

BlueTyke
February 27th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Blue - Color of my Bike
Tyke - Tyke.

CC Cowboy
February 27th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Didn't we do this before?

Jane Honda
February 27th, 2009, 08:01 AM
My apologies for not searching through all the threads first.

xTKx
February 27th, 2009, 08:38 AM
T=Tony
K=....my last name...

The x's are just fancy decoration..

Rynownd
February 27th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Name: Ryne... people call me Ryno

Owned is a commonly used internet forum word.... combine: Rynownd

Also means: Renowned

Re*nowned"\ (r?-nound"), a. Famous; celebrated for great achievements, for distinguished qualities, or for grandeur; eminent; as, a renowned king.

ninjabrewer
February 27th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I used to,and hope to get back to when the conditions are right, brew my own beer, at one time I lived in a state where it was illegal and I brewed anyway, :rolleyes: and my bike is a ninja. Luckily it is legal here, just haven't had the time or that other thing to do it.

nb

sombo
February 27th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Sombo = Russian martial I used to take and teach. This is the American version spelling, you'll see it also as Sambo.

sharky nrk
February 28th, 2009, 09:57 AM
sharky is the name of the computer dealer in windows 3.1 hearts lol - our first computer was a 386x or something and we had Prodigy Internet so i took the sharky and added my initials

komohana
March 1st, 2009, 02:07 AM
komohana
loose translation means 'the west side'
and being that i live on the west side of kauai....wah-la!

:)

Buffalony
March 1st, 2009, 09:02 AM
mine is simply the city I come from.

k-os, a Canadian hip-hop artists that has positive messages and great beats, not the standard radio "bitches and bling" hip-hop.

I too been a k-os fan for years:thumbup:

CRXTrek
March 1st, 2009, 12:14 PM
CRX - car and Trek - bicycle

Sailariel
March 2nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Ariel is the sailboat we lived on and cruised for 14 years. We still have the boat.

Snake
March 2nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
Mine is kind of boring.

R = first initial of first name
curiel = last name

Buffalony
March 2nd, 2009, 03:45 PM
Ariel is the sailboat we lived on and cruised for 14 years. We still have the boat.

Thats truely awesome. Made me think of Captain Ron.
I want to live on a boat at some point in my life.

250RBond
March 8th, 2009, 07:40 AM
250r is what i have
Bond is my last name:D

Sound Wave
March 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM
i am an ultrasound and x-ray technologist. so "sound wave" relates to my job....

not that "transformers" character... although i have used him as my avatar in a past forum.

xTKx
March 9th, 2009, 09:03 AM
250r is what i have

Sweeeeeet! Welcome to the boards Robert! :wave: (Or should I say Bond.....Bob Bond)...

komohana
March 9th, 2009, 09:08 AM
250r is what i have

well welcome aboard mr. bond...
your avatar is kick'in! ;)

Realirony
March 9th, 2009, 09:23 AM
my user name is my gamer tag that I use alot. I started using it my freshman year of college. We had devoted an entire english class to understanding irony and how people can never label irony correctly. When it finally clicked for me, I started using it in sentences "now that is 'real irony' jason(my roomie), not that fake irony." Used it once, and kept with it.

Rynownd
March 9th, 2009, 09:59 AM
my user name is my gamer tag that I use alot. I started using it my freshman year of college. We had devoted an entire english class to understanding irony and how people can never label irony correctly. When it finally clicked for me, I started using it in sentences "now that is 'real irony' jason(my roomie), not that fake irony." Used it once, and kept with it.

Do you play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for Xbox360?

Realirony
March 9th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I play COD4 for PS3 sadly (its free). I used to play it on the 360, but I had to cut that out of my budget a few months back. but yes, i am an online junkie

250RBond
March 9th, 2009, 02:53 PM
:DThanks this is a great forum:thumbup:

00v_Lucky
March 9th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Lucky - is my name from CS because once I took out 5 guys when i was the last one left with slim chances.

00v - Stolen from a korean starcraft player named "i love 00v" the 2 zeros are suppose to be eyes and the V is supposed to be a peace sign. (Just imagine an asian character with big eyes)