View Full Version : Lockable luggage to hold boots, jacket, knee guards and misc stuff?

bowerbird100
July 14th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Hi:)

I am looking at getting a ninjette as my first bike but i am having trouble finding a way to be able to use the bike for everything(wont have a car).
I can't find luggage that is lockable that is also not expensive.
I need to be able to fit knee guards, jacket, boots and helmet on or in the bike and not have it stollen, I am aware of the helmet hook so the helmet doesn't "have" to be in a bag or case and some misc items such as spare change of cloths or groceries.

I have spent at least 8 hours researching and all i could find is givi mounting brackets but it will cost over $1000 to get to saddle cases and the mounting brackets.

I as looking for somehting less than about $300 au

Anyone got any ideas or come across anything??

tfkrocks
July 14th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Hi:)

I am looking at getting a ninjette as my first bike but i am having trouble finding a way to be able to use the bike for everything(wont have a car).
I can't find luggage that is lockable that is also not expensive.
I need to be able to fit knee guards, jacket, boots and helmet on or in the bike and not have it stollen, I am aware of the helmet hook so the helmet doesn't "have" to be in a bag or case and some misc items such as spare change of cloths or groceries.

I have spent at least 8 hours researching and all i could find is givi mounting brackets but it will cost over $1000 to get to saddle cases and the mounting brackets.

I as looking for somehting less than about $300 au

Anyone got any ideas or come across anything??

If you want cheap for something like that, it's probably going to have to be DIY. Maybe this can help give you ideas? http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Tail_bag

setasai
July 15th, 2013, 12:22 AM
A while back I posted a DIY on making your own givi sidecase mounting brackets. It didnt cost me much since I used relatively easy to find materials. It does take a little bit of time to put together though but it works wonderfully and is very sturdy. Search for DIY givi hard cases. There have been several variations of the build on here also. Check the 2008-2012 ninja tech section for the DIY list. $200 for the E21 side cases, you might go larger if you want. Cost me about $50 in materials and about a day's worth of tinkering along with an extra day or two for painting. If you can weld, that would help.