View Full Version : Ninja 300 Fender Eliminator Recommendations

quadcrazy
July 16th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good fender eliminator for the ninja 300? I'd prefer not to have to drill any new holes, and I have to make sure I can still hang a helmet off the side without it breaking off one of the turn signals.

Thanks!

felo
July 16th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good fender eliminator for the ninja 300? I'd prefer not to have to drill any new holes, and I have to make sure I can still hang a helmet off the side without it breaking off one of the turn signals.

Thanks!
all fenders eliminators that i have seen for the 300 eliminate the hook that comes on the stock fender, your best bet is a yoshimura because it uses the stock rear signals and are strong enough to support a helmet

quadcrazy
July 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM
all fenders eliminators that i have seen for the 300 eliminate the hook that comes on the stock fender, your best bet is a yoshimura because it uses the stock rear signals and are strong enough to support a helmet

I don't need the hooks that are on the fender, but I want to be able to hang a helmet off the hooks underneath the pillion seat without it breaking off a turn signal.

felo
July 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I don't need the hooks that are on the fender, but I want to be able to hang a helmet off the hooks underneath the pillion seat without it breaking off a turn signal.
i have a targa http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Kawasaki-EX300-Ninja-TARGA-Fender-Eliminator-Your-Signal-Choice-LED-Tag-/300925639748?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461090dc44&vxp=mtr
and i can use the hooks underneath the pillon for the helmet and it didnt break my turn signals...
no drilling or anything, plug and play basically, you have to cut like 1 or 2 cables but is very easy, comes with instruccions...

quadcrazy
July 16th, 2013, 07:23 PM
i have a targa http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Kawasaki-EX300-Ninja-TARGA-Fender-Eliminator-Your-Signal-Choice-LED-Tag-/300925639748?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461090dc44&vxp=mtr
and i can use the hooks underneath the pillon for the helmet and it didnt break my turn signals...
no drilling or anything, plug and play basically, you have to cut like 1 or 2 cables but is very easy, comes with instruccions...

Thanks for the response! When you have a helmet hooked from underneat the pillion seat does it bend the signal or anything?

felo
July 16th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the response! When you have a helmet hooked from underneat the pillion seat does it bend the signal or anything?

i dont know if this is what you mean but look at the pics. the turn signal gets inside the helmet, it doesnt bend or anything
sorry if it too dark to see

quadcrazy
July 16th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Thank you very much, that answered my question.

felo
July 16th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Thank you very much, that answered my question.

good to know :thumbup:

Dark
July 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM
I have the Yoshimura, I have had other brands on other bikes but this is the only one I've installed/used on my 300.

The kit is nice, well put together and the tag light is really nice when compared to others (it's machined aluminum with a few 'built-in' leds).

The install was simple.

The only thing I changed was the rear signal mounts since my european plate won't accommodate the 4 holes needed to really secure the brackets.

anacron
July 25th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Are there any kits that retain the hooks near the turn signals?

I use those hooks for my reminder cable. I could use the ones under the pillion but the external hooks are much more convenient.