View Full Version : Sprockets again

voodoomaster
February 27th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I have a brand new 43 tooth rear and a brand new 15 tooth front sprocket on my bench ("DRIVEN Sprockets" for the 2nd gen 250). Any body been thinking about replacing one or the other? I won't be using them, and EBAY is an option....... an ugly option. These are quality replacements. Somebody buy them from me!

Apex
March 19th, 2009, 07:44 AM
What are you looking at getting for the 15T?

Oh hang on, you said 2nd gen. I can't remember if that is a direct bolt on replacement for my '07.

voodoomaster
March 19th, 2009, 06:01 PM
What are you looking at getting for the 15T?

Oh hang on, you said 2nd gen. I can't remember if that is a direct bolt on replacement for my '07.

Hung on, hung over , and well....hanging :D

Will it fill?

Viper-Byte
March 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Dave, I am considering the 15T, how much would you want for it? Would you be able to find out the shipping cost to New Zealand?

voodoomaster
March 21st, 2009, 06:13 AM
Yo Viper. I bought it and decided not use it, so make me a reasonable offer. I'm easy ...but not cheap (usually)! Shipping bucks to New Z could be the limiter. I reckon if I stick it in a small box and send it via USPS the fee shouldn't be over $8-$10 buckeroos. I have an offer, if you send me $15 bucks I will mail it out to you. if the shipping at the post office is more that $10 bucks I will scream murder to you and you can send me the difference. What say you?

Dave

kkim
March 21st, 2009, 10:19 AM
Yo Viper. I bought it and decided not use it, so make me a reasonable offer. I'm easy ...but not cheap (usually)! Shipping bucks to New Z could be the limiter. I reckon if I stick it in a small box and send it via USPS the fee shouldn't be over $8-$10 buckeroos. I have an offer, if you send me $15 bucks I will mail it out to you. if the shipping at the post office is more that $10 bucks I will scream murder to you and you can send me the difference. What say you?

Dave

Dave,

Use a flat rate box through USPS. it's good for international mail now and I think runs about $10 for a the small box with a 4lb limit.

voodoomaster
March 21st, 2009, 11:27 AM
Dave,

Use a flat rate box through USPS. it's good for international mail now and I think runs about $10 for a the small box with a 4lb limit.

Sounds like the way to go. I was thinking that $10 would be a bit high, even for NZ, since this gear only weighs in at about 4-5 ounces. :D

KK. I still on the edge with this washer install action onto the needles. What keeps he washers on once the carb guts are all put back together, and how grease is needed to keep the washers on the needle once you turn it upside down to go back down the slider? Will the grease on the needle cause problems??

kkim
March 21st, 2009, 11:47 AM
Sounds like the way to go. I was thinking that $10 would be a bit high, even for NZ, since this gear only weighs in at about 4-5 ounces. :D I'm finding shipping costs to some countries are very high. If the buyer agrees to pay for shipping, it's not you problem.

KK. I still on the edge with this washer install action onto the needles. What keeps he washers on once the carb guts are all put back together,

the spring and plastic holder at the very bottom of the spring

and how much grease is needed to keep the washers on the needle once you turn it upside down to go back down the slider? a dab. just enough to get them to stick
Will the grease on the needle cause problems??

nope, which is why you use grease. it won't eat the rubber diaphragm and if it leaks down the needle, it will be diluted from the gas and be burned through the engine.

Viper-Byte
March 21st, 2009, 12:30 PM
Dave, PM Sent. :)

voodoomaster
March 21st, 2009, 12:37 PM
Dave, PM Sent. :)

Vipermeister....just what is a PM? ;-))

voodoomaster
March 21st, 2009, 12:38 PM
OK Chief. how's the weather in the Islands today?:cheers:

Viper-Byte
March 21st, 2009, 12:44 PM
Vipermeister....just what is a PM? ;-)) Tis called a private message. Ha ha ha :p

Weather here? It is raining and cold... yet there is blue sky... Not good riding weather, so lets say it is bad! :(

Obsidian
June 23rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
The 15t front sprocket is interchangable between years.

CZroe
April 8th, 2010, 11:08 AM
The 15t front sprocket is interchangable between years.

Not so much. It has to be shimmed for proper alignment or it's going to wear your chain and sprockets. People just keep doing it and updating fitment guides anyway. So far JT and Driven have parts specific to the J-series bikes... JT for sure; Driven is "so I've been told" and it may just be an assumption because they didn't offer one earlier. It all depends on what template they based it on.