View Full Version : Under Seat Exhaust!!!

miks
February 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Hey.

Was looking around the internet for nothing particular and lookie what I found!

Under Seat Exhaust (http://www.ninja250forum.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=505.0;topicseen)

I think it looks amazing, but there are no details on how he/she did it :confused:

islanderman7
February 28th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Thats sick yo.

miks
February 28th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Tell me about it.

Has anyone ever tried this?

kylerwhite
February 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Check this out:

N36sIofZ0dY

I've seen a thread about this before somewhere. I think it was on Kawiforums.

miks
February 28th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Not too shabby, I wonder if its hard to do this mod.

noche_caliente
March 1st, 2009, 09:51 AM
There are a couple of guys on kf that have it too - from Indonesia ... if you search for Indonesian in the 250 forum there you'll find it :)

Buffalony
March 1st, 2009, 10:07 AM
yeah theres quite afew of these now. but i think this black bikes is one of the best ive seen so far. It looks so VERY clean. who ever fabbed that one up could make a pretty penny.

noche_caliente
March 1st, 2009, 10:34 AM
yeah theres quite afew of these now. but i think this black bikes is one of the best ive seen so far. It looks so VERY clean. who ever fabbed that one up could make a pretty penny.

Yeah, like I said, it's on kf :
http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=116319
post #6

His was the original :rolleyes: same as the other post
about $540
post 21 has more pics of how it's routed under the seat
also has a dyno posted further down

Heck, it was even bumped on Monday.....

tlhamon
March 10th, 2009, 06:18 PM
It does look nice, but I wouldn't ride my bike very long as the plastic would melt, along with the wires in there.

headshrink
March 11th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Why is all the cool stuff for the 250r coming out of Indonesia, of all places!!?? Educate me, if there is a reason..... Is it just a super-cult following?

kkim
March 11th, 2009, 12:33 AM
my guess is the licensing restrictions. 250 is the biggest they can own until their experience level goes up, so they mod the hell out of what they can legally get. I'm not really sure on this, though, but if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. :rolleyes:

headshrink
March 11th, 2009, 12:38 AM
That does make sense... but I'm surprised we don't see more coming out of Europe too. I think they have a pretty strict graduated system too.

miks
March 11th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Australia's graduating system is quite strict I think.

For example in Melbourne, we can only start riding a motorbike legally at the age of 18, which is called L's (Learners), and we are only allowed to ride 250cc bikes or selected/restricted 500/600cc bikes (ie. Restricted Hyosung 650Gtr). We have to be on our L's for 1 year, then we move up to our P's (Probationary) for another 1-2 years (Not sure) then finally our full license.

tlhamon
March 11th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Actually, I think the reason is that everyone rides a motorcycle over there. Cars are expensive and hard to drive on super crowded, super narrow roads and because bikes are small, cheap to run and cheap to buy (they only have to ship them across the bay). If you ever watch a news story on any asian country, including India, you see more bikes than cars, with the exception of Japan.

headshrink
March 11th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Got it... I guess that essentially drives a higher demand, and they are more a "main-stream" part of the culture.

Viper-Byte
March 11th, 2009, 12:15 PM
We have a similar system here in NZ to Australia, must have learners for 6 months (can obtain this at the current legal driving age of 15), then restricted for 18 months if under 25 or 6 months if over 25. Both of these cannot have more than 250cc. Once on full, can have any bike.

Though any bike while you are under 25 cost s HUGE amount to insure.

tinng321
April 14th, 2009, 06:48 AM
In Viet Nam 300cc is the max. Anything over 300 requires a special class license. The fee for the 300+ license is about 700usd. if you fail, then you will have to pay another 700. Most people make 200usd/month if they are lucky. Most don't even own 300.
The price for a 300 is double the price of a 150. So, it doesn't really make sense for them to get anything over 150 unless they are rich and have cash to spend.
A honda 150 is about 4-5k while the 300 is about 7-9k.
Seeing a 600 in Viet Nam is like seeing a lambo in the US.
Also, keep in mind that their infrustructures are not like what we have here.
They don't have 3,4,5 lanes highways. Most of the roads are still dirt roads with gravels. There's no need for speed. To them it would just be a waste of money.

KJohnson21
April 14th, 2009, 07:24 AM
So, in that situation, our "little" ninjette is kind of like an R1 is to us, in the US. (correct ?)

tinng321
April 14th, 2009, 07:43 AM
So, in that situation, our "little" ninjette is kind of like an R1 is to us, in the US. (correct ?)

Yes.
I was there for a month last august. I saw 2 bentleys, many bmw 6 series and 3 series, MB C and S classes, lot of lexus ls460 but only 1 600cc. It was an R6.
I would imagine an R1 would cost somewhere close to 20,000usd. Just put urself in their shoes. The roads there suck. no highway. traffic is 10x worst than la or nyc. how fast can you go? with 20kusd they would rather get a 4 wheel kia or hyundai. also, it's hot and humid. at least with a car they could have ac.
they have a 200% tax.
how much does a brand new R1 cost us here? take that and x200% tax + original price. so if the bike cost 10k you will have to pay 20k in tax.

Therefore, the cost to benefit ratio is very high. I would probaby say the same for indo or maylaysia.

rceezy
April 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM
So yeah... who wants to help me figure out how to get my custom under seat exhaust together?

miks
April 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Fly to Indonesia, them fellas over there would do it easily, even with their eyes closed and hands behind their backs while having a sock stuffed in their mouth.

Kurosaki
April 14th, 2009, 07:14 PM
So yeah... who wants to help me figure out how to get my custom under seat exhaust together?

Buy a Honda. ;)

sometimesido
April 14th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Buy a Honda. ;)

or a ducati, or R1, or KTM, or ....

rceezy
April 15th, 2009, 06:33 AM
LOL, ya'll are funny! I have the 250 now.... I think it'd be neat to have an under seat exhaust on her!

headshrink
April 16th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah, we really should laugh at ourselves. But what I was surprised to see when I got into this was all the old-time riders who are returning to 250s.... I wouldn't have expected that, but the 250r is close to perfection. It might be boring if there was nothing to mod, and no way to make it our own.

sometimesido
April 16th, 2009, 09:54 PM
does good set of tires considered a mod? :D

headshrink
April 16th, 2009, 10:16 PM
If it is on your bike and you consider it a mod, then yes, it is a mod.

shporsche
April 20th, 2009, 02:25 AM
In NSW Aus we have 3 months min on L's, and 1 year on P's.
New law in June, P's for 2 years.

Just got my P's, this is why I know.

I think as kkim mentioned is has something to do with licencing.

The silver bike is a good looking bike, wonder how well it would handle.

Cochese
April 25th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah, we really should laugh at ourselves. But what I was surprised to see when I got into this was all the old-time riders who are returning to 250s.... I wouldn't have expected that, but the 250r is close to perfection. It might be boring if there was nothing to mod, and no way to make it our own.

I've gone from 500--->750--->1000--->........250.

:D

headshrink
April 25th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I've gone from 500--->750--->1000--->........250.

:D

What where your reasons for coming all the way down to a 250 from a 1000 (especially after starting with a 500)?

Cochese
April 25th, 2009, 01:19 PM
What where your reasons for coming all the way down to a 250 from a 1000 (especially after starting with a 500)?
job.
Lifestyle changes, really. I started on a 1995 EX500 which I loved. Moved up to a GSXR 750. Then up to an R1 in the high point of the hooligan period in my life.

I moved out of state to attend a police academy in TX and sold everything I had to pay my way through school. That was going on 6 years ago.

I've grown up a lot since then, approaching 30 years old. I can't get away with hooliganism as a police officer and expect to keep my job. I also have become a tad more responsible with my life.

I decided I missed riding in 2008 and ordered a cheap Lifan 200 CC "sport bike". I forgot to include that in my list. It was shipped to my house and I assembled it in the garage. It was a POS so I sold it for a few hundred $$ profit and went and put a deposit on a 2008 Ninja 250R.

I waited about 5 months and they sold me a 2009.

It is my commuter to work since my trucks get 12 and 14 mpg respectively.

I've put about a grand into it and it is turning into a beast.

wayanlam
May 29th, 2009, 09:58 PM
hi guys, the reason that so many mods are being made here in indonesia is that the 250R is the only bike with the looks and performance that is remotely affordable for the middle-high class population...

fully imported bikes like ducati's, yamaha R1's, KTM, Harleys, etc etc, all cost over the double of what they would cost in the states due to the luxury import tax regulation... so only the richest of the rich (who still want to bother riding a bike rather than a mercy, beamer, jag or better) can afford those.

the cost of labor here is next to nothing compared to europe/america, so having a mechanic tinker around on your bike for a month would cost about the same as it would for you guys to pay a mechanic to work on your bike for a full day.

oh, another problem that's been solved with the 250R is that since its a model that is locally available through the local kawasaki dealership, spare parts are affordable. on the big imported bikes, any mods, any replacement, any fix, costs LOTS! since most of the parts have to be imported due to the fact that not enough ppl own those big bikes for anyone to want to fabricate things for them here.

i just read though the website of Sportis Motorsports ( http://www.sportisimotorsport.com ) that is based in the capital, Jakarta, and they seem to have a good idea of what they are doing, a lot better than i expected any workshop around here actually, lol

the more i read through these forums the more information im finding out about locally available products for the 250R, that im confident that once i do save up enough money again to start modding up my bike to be (ETA: 2 weeks, rofl) ill have one hell of a good time doing it!

cant wait, cant wait, cant wait!

andrewwoo
June 12th, 2009, 05:59 AM
if you were to do this mod... what exhaust can you use to fit it? cbr600rr exhausts? :)

james250ninja
March 5th, 2010, 02:21 PM
nice job canu do that on the 2001 ninja 250s, put exhauste under seat...

Apex
March 8th, 2010, 11:35 AM

You may be able to, but I don't think it would look good on a pre-gen. The tail section is a bit too thick on the older model.

But, if you really wanted it done....
You would need to make sure you have a heat shield to keep your seat and surrounding plastics from melting. Also test to see how far the tire comes up before the suspension bottoms out. If you still have clearance for the mod, then go for it. Also check the routing. Determine the size pipe you would use to run the system and make sure it clears everything (should be similar routing as the new-gen models. Just prepare yourself for a very warm butt.

Snake
March 8th, 2010, 01:16 PM

Thanks for bringing back an old but very interesting thread. If you are able to do it on your bike, be sure and up date us with pics. Good luck to ya.

wayanlam
March 8th, 2010, 05:56 PM

there is this thread where someone went all out and did a great job at putting double exhauts under a pre-gen 250

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22424&highlight=ducati

i saw these pictures a couple years ago and was well impressed, and it was nice to see them again here on the forums, and with some feedback from the creator :)

wayanlam
March 8th, 2010, 06:00 PM
on a side note, i saw someone here in Bali with an under-tail exhaust on their 2008 or 2009 EX250, but i wasn't able to ask where they got it modded cos i was in my car at the time, and he was driving the other way, lol

but i wont be surprised if i start to see some more bikes soon with this mod...

IMO, for looks its like a 10/10, but i wonder how it is with the heat (using a CF pipe would help reduce that issue), or if the added pipe length would mess up the power curve...