View Full Version : Always this much fun???

hybridxx
March 2nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
I have always wanted to ride a motorcycle and I have finally saved up some money. I took the MSF course this weekend and passed it. It was my first time on a motorcycle, but let me tell ya...i dont know if this is normal but i was having a ton of fun, and i never went past 30 mph and i was in the enclosed course area. Now i cant wait to get on a street lol. As soon as i get my hands on a ninja 250 of course =/

Snake
March 2nd, 2009, 03:01 PM
Yes Hybrid. It is that much fun and more. The thing I enjoy most is riding with a group.

Alex
March 2nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
:welcome: hybridxx! Glad you found us...

kkim
March 2nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
Aloha and welcome, Hybrid.

It gets better the more you ride, so stick with it if you are having fun. There are a few bikes for sale in the classifieds from socal.

As always, safety gear is just as important or even more important than the bike you ride. Suit up w/ every ride and buy the very best gear you can afford.

mahalo
:)

OldGuy
March 2nd, 2009, 03:10 PM
Welcome Hybird - sounds like someone else has had a taste of the magic elixir of Ninja juice.

Caution, extended use may cause prolonged periods of euphoria. Overuse can cause over stimulation of the economy (but at least you are helping others).

Welcome to the show and as Kelly said gear up and ride safe.

Buffalony
March 2nd, 2009, 03:47 PM
Aloha and welcome, Hybrid.

It gets better the more you ride, so stick with it if you are having fun. There are a few bikes for sale in the classifieds from socal.

As always, safety gear is just as important or even more important than the bike you ride. Suit up w/ every ride and buy the very best gear you can afford.

mahalo
:)

+1

It's crack. Your first high is similar to mine. Don't OD.

athimmel
March 2nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Even after years and years, the fun never goes away. Good job taking the course, and follow the good advice here: DON'T skimp on the safety equipment.

Welcome to the boards.

xTKx
March 2nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
These guys have some good advice to give Hybrid. Just remember that riding on the streets is a completely different animal than your enclosed MSF riding course. Always wear your gear, and always remain alert...

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

hybridxx
March 2nd, 2009, 04:38 PM
thanks a lot for the great welcome and tips..
but yea, i totally understand the whole safety issue with bikes..
(some lady snapped both her legs on the first day of class, she paniced..wasnt holding the clutch and just pulled the throttle all the day..she went straight into a wall)
how that happens in a class?..i dunno

and thanks for the classifieds tip..rly good stuff on there.
ima see if i can find a good 250 on there..was gonna do it by payments but i might be able to just pay for it all at once.

athimmel
March 2nd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Both legs??? :faint2: :faint:

Oh man....that's insane!

I looked for a used bike, and decided that for the price, I didn't want someone else's problems. The Ninja holds its value so well, that the new ones are a pretty good deal in the end...IMHO.

BlueTyke
March 2nd, 2009, 05:06 PM
Welcome to the boards!

noche_caliente
March 2nd, 2009, 05:52 PM
welcome! that's scary about that lady - what an introduction to motorcycling - eek!

NinjetteMan
March 2nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Yea, hearing about that kind of stuff is scary but it definitely keeps my throttle hand in check! But youre gonna love it hybrid! I was in your shoes a couple of months ago and its been great for me

jpnfrk
March 2nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
Welcome!! :high5:

It's good you weren't the scared lady's victim :lol:

ninjabrewer
March 3rd, 2009, 12:17 AM
Welcome to the seashore, enjoy the waters and he sun. Have a good time on the bike, but, as has been said before, suit up and SMILE. Enjoy, we're glad you're here.

nb

xTKx
March 3rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
...(some lady snapped both her legs on the first day of class, she paniced..wasnt holding the clutch and just pulled the throttle all the day..she went straight into a wall)
how that happens in a class?..i dunno...

Whoa! :eek: That stinks man. This guy in my MSF class didn't get hurt, but he dropped the bike in the dreaded "figure 8 box" and wouldn't let go of the throttle. He was standing up on the ground and was red-lining the RPM's because he just simply wouldn't let go...

Needless to say it was one of my first times on a bike too, and I was nervous like crazy watching that guy then waiting my turn for "the box."

hybridxx
March 3rd, 2009, 10:38 AM
haha..yea...the u turn box was tricky for me as well...that was the only part where i tipped my bike =( lol. caught myself tho..i remember thinking to myself as i felt everything going to the side "LET GO OF THE THROTTLE".

xTKx
March 3rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
haha..yea...the u turn box was tricky for me as well...that was the only part where i tipped my bike =( lol. Caught myself tho..i remember thinking to myself as i felt everything going to the side "let go of the throttle".

Lol! :D

JScof
March 4th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Welcome Hybrid!

KJohnson21
March 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM
:welcome:

komohana
March 7th, 2009, 02:18 PM
good job on the MSF course completion there hybrid :thumbup:

hope you snag a bike before too long..
welcome to the forum :yo: