View Full Version : Ninjette.org Server Migration: Aug 18th

Alex
August 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Our ISP is moving to a new platform this month. They are moving all of their VM's over to completely new hardware and a new network infrastructure. If things go as planned, we will be getting significantly upgraded performance for the same cost, which is always welcome. But - there will be some necessary downtime as all of the images get moved from the old server to the new server.

They are providing quite a bit of information ahead of time to minimize downtime, but it's possible we will be down for a day or so for some folks as things get transferred and DNS changes make their way around the net. I'll post up here as I learn more, and will bump the thread as it gets closer.

fishdip
August 12th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Our ISP is moving to a new platform this month. They are moving all of their VM's over to completely new hardware and a new network infrastructure. If things go as planned, we will be getting significantly upgraded performance for the same cost, which is always welcome. But - there will be some necessary downtime as all of the images get moved from the old server to the new server.

They are providing quite a bit of information ahead of time to minimize downtime, but it's possible we will be down for a day or so for some folks as things get transferred and DNS changes make their way around the net. I'll post up here as I learn more, and will bump the thread as it gets closer.

See you need to have your new site up so we can still bug you on that day:thumbup:

Alex
August 15th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Bump.

cuong-nutz
August 15th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Seems like there is always something going on with Ninjette's server.

Somchai
August 15th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Is the new one based in Maryland - I'm sure there they got the best performance :D

Alex
August 15th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Seems like there is always something going on with Ninjette's server.

Yup - it's moved around a bit the last few years. I moved it off of one host because of performance problems, and was choosing between two new hosts when we switched. I chose one that turned out to be flaky, so after a few weeks moved things over to where we are now. Have been perfectly happy with performance, pricing, and service at this new host and have no reason to look elsewhere, but they themselves are now upgrading their whole setup. We're not changing providers, we're just migrating with them to their new infrastructure.

Is the new one based in Maryland - I'm sure there they got the best performance :D

The server is currently in New Jersey. Good question though, I'm not sure if the new setup will still be in that same data center in NJ.

Alex
August 15th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Added a notice to this thread. If folks aren't aware of our Facebook presence, the ninjette.org group is up at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ninjette/

I'll post updates there if we're still down here.

LittleRedNinjette
August 15th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Cool! Nope didn't know about it. :thumbup:

Alex
August 18th, 2013, 03:17 PM
All set - we're on the new server. No hiccups so far, performance seems fine at the moment.

Motofool
August 18th, 2013, 08:01 PM
All set - we're on the new server. No hiccups so far, performance seems fine at the moment.

Thanks, Alex !!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bob2010
August 18th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks!