View Full Version : New Ninja Rider in DC/MD

Finesse
August 6th, 2013, 06:47 PM
'Ello. I'm a new rider and new owner of a 1999 black Ninja 250. Located near the Northwest area of Washington DC on the Maryland side.

I'm having a crazy time getting this bike street legal, first there were problems with the title and now the bike needs fork seals and front end alignment and brake levers and handlebars to pass MD inspection. But I'm enjoying learning how it works and how to make it work better.

Been snooping around this site and found valuable information so I thought I'd join in the fun... So, hi! :)

-Katie

gfloyd2002
August 6th, 2013, 07:17 PM
:welcome: Finesse! Glad you found us...

subxero
August 6th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Welcome, I used to be down in Laurel and commuted to bethesda everyday but i moved a few weeks ago. Good luck with the bike, should be lots of people willing to help trouble shoot anything you got going on.

KJohnson21
August 6th, 2013, 10:36 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

Snake
August 7th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Hello and welcome.

LittleRedNinjette
August 7th, 2013, 05:08 AM
:welcome:

Motofool
August 7th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Welcome to our site, Katie !!!

JohnnyBravo
August 7th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Congrats on the bike, sorry bout ya red tape issues. Welcome to the forum!!!

BlueRaven
August 8th, 2013, 01:02 PM
:welcome: lots of great info and ppl on this site

Minikin_Jo
August 8th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Hi and Welcome to the forum.

I'm Jo, and I live in Maryland near Baltimore.

Sorry, I don't know anything about fixing up bikes so I have nothing to offer you on that, but good luck with it! Sounds like a fun project and a great way to learn about the bike :)

tnr4
August 8th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Yay MD side of DC! What's up with all these VA peeps, anyway?! ;)

Welcome to the site. I live up in Germantown, and work in Bethesda and Georgetown.

Dano
August 9th, 2013, 04:49 AM
'Ello. I'm a new rider and new owner of a 1999 black Ninja 250. Located near the Northwest area of Washington DC on the Maryland side.

I'm having a crazy time getting this bike street legal, first there were problems with the title and now the bike needs fork seals and front end alignment and brake levers and handlebars to pass MD inspection. But I'm enjoying learning how it works and how to make it work better.

Been snooping around this site and found valuable information so I thought I'd join in the fun... So, hi! :)

-Katie

Glad you found the site, I guess you are the one from Pittsburgh Sportbikes on Facebook. Did you get the bike fixed?

Finesse
August 10th, 2013, 11:16 PM
^Yes, I am!

Working on it, still waiting on throttle housing, handlebar, brake pedal and bar ends, got the forks today, it's been a long road but I'm committed to making the best out of this.. :)

Sirref
August 10th, 2013, 11:38 PM
If you need parts at all, I blew the engine on my '01 250 a while back and I'm planning on swapping out basically everything when I get around to a full streetfighter style rebuild over the winter/next few years. I'm a bit on the northern side of MD but it's really not that far. especially by bike :P

also, welcome to ninjette!

Finesse
August 11th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Thanks! No it's not that bad and usually a nice drive. I just ordered a new handlebar, brake pedal, bar ends, and throttle housing so I hope I won't need any parts anytime soon but if I do I'll hit you up. Sucks about the engine, I've been hearing about too many 250s with blown engines lately!

csmith12
August 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Welcome!