View Full Version : New rider in Lenexa, Kansas

moonwalker
August 25th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Hi everybody, I'm a noob rider in Kansas. Went through MSF BRC in April, got all the gear, and finally bought a 2008 Ninja 250 a bit over a week ago. Very nice, lots of fun motorcycle. Done some work on it already (mostly electrical + some adjustments to fit my height and weight better), looks like working on it is as much fun as riding. Looking forward to more riding.

csmith12
August 25th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Welcome Alexey!

KJohnson21
August 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

JohnnyBravo
August 25th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Welcome to the forum an two wheels! Good job gearing up, saves money and pain in the event of an accident. Ride safe out there. It is fun to get your hands dirty!!!

BlueRaven
August 26th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Welcome. There's some great DIY here to help you with maintenance and more.

Snake
August 27th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Hello and welcome.

Motofool
September 1st, 2013, 07:45 AM
Welcome to our site !!!

Please visit our Riding Skills section. :) :) :)

Donniejoe
September 2nd, 2013, 05:29 AM
Enjoy the new scoot! There is a lot of collective knowledge here. If you have a question, someone here can answer it.

DJayhawk
September 8th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Hello Moonwalker fellow Kansan here! Where did you take the MSF course and how did you like the class. I still need to do that, but for now I'm practicing in my Overland Park neighborhood.

moonwalker
September 9th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Hello Moonwalker fellow Kansan here! Where did you take the MSF course and how did you like the class. I still need to do that, but for now I'm practicing in my Overland Park neighborhood.
I went through BRC at KCKCC (http://www.kckcc.edu/services/continuingEducationAndCommunityServices/programs/motorcycleTraining). They have ex motorcycle cops teaching the courses there, though I've heard they recently got some fresh blood among instructors. If you go there and you happen to meet the ex-cop instructor by the name Rusty say hi to him from Alexey, his lessons had already helped me avoid danger (and dropping bikes) quite a few times.

DJayhawk
September 9th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the tip, about KCCC. I've looked at them and JCCC, unfortunately for me this late in the season it's difficult to find a class to work with my strange work schedule.

EternalNewb
September 9th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Welcome aboard! Have fun, and ride safely!

rberger3
September 27th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Just got mine today too, in Lenexa near 95th and Lackman. Either of you two locals shimmed your needles? Just wanting to know how well it worked if you did.

DJayhawk
September 28th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Hey rberger I have not done that to mine but I know a guy I work with that used to manage a Kawasaki dealership in Washington. He is a certified Kawasaki mechanic that works out of his garage in Leawood. If you want to get hold of him PM me. He's very reasonable and knows these Kawaski's inside and out. His speciality is carb work.

greenaero
September 28th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Welcome!!

moonwalker
October 3rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Just got mine today too, in Lenexa near 95th and Lackman. Either of you two locals shimmed your needles? Just wanting to know how well it worked if you did.Nope, haven't done anything to mine yet. I'm gonna wait until year+ of riding experience before investing heavily in bike, want to see how much I want to upgrade if at all first. Unless I start racing...