View Full Version : Whoo hoo,,,,,yeah

ninjabrewer
March 6th, 2009, 12:11 PM
:bartend2::bounce::dancecool::flower1::fullband::happy10::happy110::happy30::hap py40::happy20::happy120::happy80::happy90::high5::horn::jumping20::jumping30::ju mping40::laugh::martini-drinking::music::partytime10::party::rad::ride::rock::roll::runaway3::sing::thew ave::wave::woot2::partytime20:

I GOT A JOB.

:happy30::happy50::happy20::happy80::happy90::high5::horn::jumping20::jumping40: :laugh::drinking::partytime10::party::rad::ride::rock::roll::runaway3::sing::the wave::partytime20:

Sound Wave
March 6th, 2009, 12:16 PM
congrats!!! that must be a HUGE weight off your mind.

Alex
March 6th, 2009, 12:26 PM
My condolences. :D

OldGuy
March 6th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Congratulations nb - is it one where you can still post 7x24? Or do you have to do real work :D

ninjabrewer
March 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Congratulations nb - is it one where you can still post 7x24? Or do you have to do real work :D

I will have to do real work, I will be working on modifications on the aircraft here, and the hours are 6 AM to 6:45PM. Lots of overtime. But my posting will get severely curtailed. :(

nb

RMLegacy
March 6th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Congrats!!

BlueTyke
March 6th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Yay!! Way to go!

TonyKZ1
March 6th, 2009, 02:25 PM
congrats!

kkim
March 6th, 2009, 02:43 PM
hmmm... job or posting... job or posting??? If I had to pick one, it would be posting!! :D

...as Alex said, my condolences. :o

g21-30
March 6th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Now we will know whose house to visit, if any SR-71s come up missing or a certain ninjette suddenly acquires a small afterburner! :eek:

ninjabrewer
March 6th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Now we will know whose house to visit, if any SR-71s come up missing or a certain ninjette suddenly acquires a small afterburner! :eek:

Oh I wish I could work on those beauties, I will be working on Army helicopters, but a Chinook engine on one these babies and watch out space shuttle. :eek:

nb

noche_caliente
March 8th, 2009, 04:46 PM
congrats!

xTKx
March 9th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Woot woot!! :woot:

Congrats on the job NB! Almost 13 hour shifts! :eek: Yikes! When I worked at the Sheriff's Dept. we had to work twelves. Been there done that...not much fun. Never the less, you've got a job!!

komohana
March 9th, 2009, 09:05 AM
hey bruddah nb...good news you got one job! was away from forum lastweek and this one slipped past me when i was trying to regroup w/2000+ posts unread...ANYWAY, congrats 2 U

:cheer2::cheers:

NOW GET TA WOIK!

Realirony
March 9th, 2009, 09:31 AM
if I could quote some old school hip-hop for you chris.
"cream get tha money, dolla dolla bill yall"
I envy your job, sounds hella interesting =D better than my insurance job lol. XD

ninjabrewer
March 9th, 2009, 01:46 PM
thanks to all, but this morning I may have screwed myself. I woke up sick as a dog, called my new boss and let him know that I may be late. And let him know of 2 dr;s appointments this week, one of which is the VA. He let me know that some paperwork of mine had not been sent from the home office so I can't start yet, (Drug test, but I have no worries). he also ask if that was the last of the appts because this is a full time job. hmmm. So I won't be going in till at least Thursday or Friday. This is the first time that anything like this has ever happened to me, I have always been very cognizant at being on time, early actually, and have worked sick so many times it is not even funny, although I know that is taboo because it just makes everybody around you sick. But I have always done everything that has been ask, no matter what or where. Working 12 on 12 off is difficult at first, but once you can into the swing of things it is not any more draining than a standard 8 hour shift. Of course, there is no such thing as a standard 8 hour day in the military, so I may just be used to it.

nb

zartan
March 9th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Hey you're sick then you're sick. Sorry you are sick. get better.

Him reminding you "This is a full time Job"... well is kinda of power tripping,But maybe he is worried about getting his butt chewed.... anyway... Once you are there and show him you are responsible he will probably chill.

Go into it with confidence and if he turns out to be a jerk maybe this is just a stepping stone.

Having been self employeed for a number of years. I just don't know how I would take the micro management ... let us know how it goes...

ninjabrewer
March 9th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the pep talk. My wife is telling me the same thing. She has been saying for a while now that I would regret retiring and, with the way my job search went, I am. One thing that I have always wanted to do is to own my own business. Most of the self employed that I have talked to have said that it is a lot of work but it is immensely rewarding. The only thing that I know about running a business is "money in must exceed money out"

One thing, find a item or service that everybody has to have but don't know it yet.

nb

OldGuy
March 9th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Hang in there nb - you will get it worked out. As zartan said maybe this is just a stepping stone.

zartan
March 16th, 2009, 09:03 PM
well?? job update??

kkim
March 16th, 2009, 09:06 PM
well?? job update??

I hope he's too busy working to answer you. :)

zartan
March 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Me too!! it is sucky to be out of work. I am thinking good thoughts for NB!

weird thing is for me I work all the time and still ... last pay was November.

Things are starting to break now though. !!!

kkim
March 16th, 2009, 09:23 PM
weird thing is for me I work all the time and still ... last pay was November.

Things are starting to break now though. !!!

...good thoughts for you too, Z. :thumbup:

zartan
March 16th, 2009, 09:30 PM
thanks K! commission is a pain but when it pays it pays. I just save when I do get paid...

ninjabrewer
March 16th, 2009, 11:03 PM
well?? job update??

First day was Friday, and today was my first day at 12 hours. Friday I went in at 7 and they called it a day at 4, today was the full shift. Laid on my belly on top of a blackhawk, putting stuff in and wiring it up. It has been a while since I turned wrenches and I am a bit rusty. Also been awhile since I worked a 12 hour shift. But the guys I am working with are mostly ex military and they've been doing this for several years, so I am picking up a lot of shortcuts that I wished I had known when was on the flightline.

Anywho, thanks Z for asking, and to all who have read this far and commented, thanks. :thumbup: Now, to find me something to eat and to bed, 430 comes early when you are not used to it.

nb

One more thing, this may be Hawaii, but I thought I was freezing this morning riding in, 55 and 45 mph is COLD. :eek:

kkim
March 16th, 2009, 11:51 PM
One more thing, this may be Hawaii, but I thought I was freezing this morning riding in, 55 and 45 mph is COLD. :eek:lol... that will get you wide awake on your commute. :D

the other night, it was 45* up here at work. brrr...

ninjabrewer
March 17th, 2009, 08:08 AM
lol... that will get you wide awake on your commute. :D

the other night, it was 45* up here at work. brrr...

You ain't kidding, trying to huddle behind that tiny a** windshield didn't help much, but I still did it :D

nb