View Full Version : Hello from IA

MrMax
September 7th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Hello All,
Picked up a low milage 09 last year for my wife, and I find I ride it quite a bit also. Thing is just so light and flickable compared to my bigger stuff.

I've been lurking around for awhile picking up bit and pieces of info, and would like to thank everyone whom I may have gleaned any information from :)

I'm in the process of making the bike a bit more sport tour worthy and day trip comfortable for the wife while I ride my Concours14. Here is my list so far:
Saddlemen gel Tech seat.
Roaring toy's 1" bar riser's
Zero Gravity Sport Tour windscreen
Grip Puppies, and a Cramp-Buster
Corthech 2.0 Tank bag and Tail Bag's

Anything I may be misssing? Dont need real luggage on it, as I have plenty of capacity on my bikes for us both for a long weekend.

Ride safe...
Frank

JohnnyBravo
September 7th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Welcome to the forum mr.

Motofool
September 7th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Welcome to our site, Frank !!!

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5586

Already considered a 15 teeth front sprocket for long commuting?

Asspire
September 7th, 2013, 06:51 AM
welcome, obviously you didn't learn anything from me since you didn't buy a r6

+1 on the cramp buster, maybe a communications device for the two of you? you seem to have everything down.

definitely get some good ear plugs, make long riding a breeze.

csmith12
September 7th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Welcome!

MrMax
September 7th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Welcome to our site, Frank !!!

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5586

Already considered a 15 teeth front sprocket for long commuting?

Thanks :) dropping the rpm's a little for the longer rides and making it a bit less buzzy at speed would be a worthy addition. 15t sprocket added to my list.
F

Motofool
September 7th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Thanks :) dropping the rpm's a little for the longer rides and making it a bit less buzzy at speed would be a worthy addition. 15t sprocket added to my list.
F

Some machines start drinking oil above 10K rpm, which is around 75~80 indicated mph, that is an additional bonus.

For that reason, it is recommendable to keep an eye on the oil level during a long freeway trip.

For the same type of trips, foam hand-grips are priceless for reducing vibrations at the hands.

MrMax
September 7th, 2013, 08:10 AM
welcome, obviously you didn't learn anything from me since you didn't buy a r6

+1 on the cramp buster, maybe a communications device for the two of you? you seem to have everything down.

definitely get some good ear plugs, make long riding a breeze.

The R6 while a great bike, is simply too sporty for my old 47 year old body, and too much bike for my wife :) My full on sport bike days are long since gone. GPZ550...GSXR750(80's bike's)...ZX7R...ZX9R(90's bikes)...ZX11(2001-2009)...I ride a farkled up Concours14 now, and thats as sporty as it gets for me anymore other than the occasional ride on the wife's 250R or my old 89 VTR250 Intercepter.

Bike to bike comm's...that is something i will consider :)
Thank's

Asspire
September 7th, 2013, 08:15 AM
actually, about the bike comms, now that I think about it, do you really want to hear what you've been doing wrong repeatedly through your trip? Silence is golden :yell:

BlueRaven
September 7th, 2013, 03:09 PM
:welcome: Frank

Snake
September 7th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Hello and welcome.

KJohnson21
September 10th, 2013, 10:45 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195