View Full Version : Satisfaction after anxiety

Realirony
March 10th, 2009, 09:18 AM
So after torturing myself on my breaks yesterday at work reading Sunny's ride report and looking at other pictures on the site, I decided that I wasn't gonna put up with such torture :D

On my lunch break I went home and got kuno, and brought her with me to work. She was gonna go with me somewhere after work or I would go nuts...So I checked on her every time I had a sec to look out my window, she was being a good girl, chillin with the cars outside and the no other bikes. lookin beautiful in the sunlight.

So I, after looking at sunny's pics, got this crazy idea that I was gonna find a lake too, even if I had to ride for an hour. So I used google (the god of the internet) and sure enough, there was one not too far from where I work. YAY!:thumbup:

It got to be close to clock-out time and I got really antsy. Which wasn't such a good thing once my supervisor found me...975

So I finally got outta work and went to my baby, and started her up. Got on the road and attempted to find Lake Wheeler (odd name huh). What I didnt plan on was everyone else getting out of work too >_o dumb me. I waited in light after light after light, and finally got out of the city and out of the traffic. I didn't find any horses, but I found cows, and alot of em (i was near the Vet school of NCSU). I woulda stopped to snap a pic, but all the side roads were gravel and weird and I didnt want to wreck :D

I turned down Lake Wheeler road (duh) and went for what felt like miles and never saw the lake...til I rode past it by accident (and almost hit some ducks/geese)

I turned around and went down the side road towards the lake. It was very very curvy and dipped down and arched up as it made it way through a thin slip of road carved through a forest. I came out into an opening and saw the lake ahead, and the docks too (woot). I tried to ride up to the docks, but the dock master kid told me it was for vehicles with "boat trailers" only. blarg.

I cheated and went into a side lot XD

After chillin out there for awhile to cool off (all my gear+85 degree weather is no good >.<) I got back to kuno and made my way back out, But not before I rode the twisty ups and downs of the slip about 15 times :p

Long story short, I found what I was looking for. There was a sauna in my gear, I almost hit some geese. And Kuno got to get out and enjoy some country roads for once. Heres some additional pics just for laughs and giggles.

if the pics didnt turn out right, ill fix em after work today XD. peace peoples, hope you enjoy =o

komohana
March 10th, 2009, 09:53 AM
well am glad to see that you weren't gonna have anymore of THAT and took yourself a week-day, post work cruise.
Plus google god found that body o'water you yearned for :bow:
thanx for sharing your quest...

party on! :party:

Nemy
March 10th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Nice report. I love the pic at work with the helmet :D

ninjabrewer
March 10th, 2009, 12:16 PM
:kewlpics:
:thumbup: on the after work ride.

Thanks

nb