View Full Version : Sportisi Rear Hugger

toku
March 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I bought a rear hugger and swingarm cover from Indonesia a while back due to school and what not it took me some time to get around to putting it on. Once I started it turned out the hugger didn't quite fit as I expected. With a little bit of modification I was able to get it to a point where I'm ok with the results.

Here's a close up pic of the hugger
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/396/imgp0412.jpg

Another showing a larger view of the bike
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6392/imgp0417.jpg

Here's a shot of the reverse side
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1436/imgp0419.jpg

From a distance the hugger and cover actually look pretty decent, looking at it more closely there are some imperfections that I notice but perhaps someone not familiar with the installation will overlook

ride2max
March 10th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Actually it same goes to mine and my friend, the hugger middle point is not exactly on the middle point rear tire. Need to do lot of adjusting and some drilling, then only manage to make it to the point where i like it too. The holes provided is not fit so have to drill bit upper or down.

watcanido
March 10th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Hey toku, nice hugger man looks really nice. I'm in the process of installing mine as well just a question for you. Where did you get your galfer SS brake Lines from they look sweet. Is it made for the 250Rs or are they universal fit?

Sound Wave
March 10th, 2009, 10:37 PM
yuri, looks good! so, would you recommend that kit or not? also, you live is the usa, right? do you mind my asking how much it was with shipping included. couldn't find prices on their website.
thanks!!

VeX
March 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Hahah the main thing I couldn't get past was: How the hell did you bleed your brake with the line going up like that? It'd be damn near impossible to get air out of the high point.

toku
March 14th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Hey toku, nice hugger man looks really nice. I'm in the process of installing mine as well just a question for you. Where did you get your galfer SS brake Lines from they look sweet. Is it made for the 250Rs or are they universal fit?

I got the brake lines from an online store called calsportbike. They took a little longer to arrive though since they were colored. They are 250 specific.

yuri, looks good! so, would you recommend that kit or not? also, you live is the usa, right? do you mind my asking how much it was with shipping included. couldn't find prices on their website.
thanks!!

After everything said and done for the item, shipping and money transfer fees I ended up spending just around 300 USD. Roughly half that price was the shipping. In the end would I recommend it? I would say it honestly depends, 300 USD is a bit of steep price, initially I was a little disappointed with the fit but it can be made to work and in the end it does look very nice. If the item could be had for half the price or basically if shipping wasn't a killer from Indonesia I would definitely say it's a great way to fill the void at the back of the bike.

Hahah the main thing I couldn't get past was: How the hell did you bleed your brake with the line going up like that? It'd be damn near impossible to get air out of the high point.

I have a vacuum pump type thing, I've found that it has been fairly successful at bleeding the brakes and getting the air out. The break pressure is good and the breaks are responsive, it works for me.

kirana
April 3rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
just for info:
next time please hold the front part of the hugger first then only the two side(so 2person will be better).need some presure,then mark the area to be drill.
yours is off set to the front.
the idea not to make the holes at the arm cover is,to let u ajust at what gap/hight from your tyre.
Max size will fit 160/60/17. but if u use 150/70/17 like me,then u need to add 1 washer under the L/R side of the hugger.
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3677/18122008228i.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=18122008228i.jpg)http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2043/17122008217.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=17122008217.jpg)

bprayogo
April 3rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
^nicely explained by bro Kirana :) thanks a lot bro

kirana
April 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
^nicely explained by bro Kirana :) thanks a lot bro
=======================================================

:thumbup: the boss is here:)

bprayogo
April 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
There's already a special version for 150/70 tires, you dont need to put any washer under the hugger

kirana
April 10th, 2009, 11:10 PM
There's already a special version for 150/70 tires, you dont need to put any washer under the hugger
================================================
:rolleyes: why dont u tell me,when i was in your shop last wednesday??? :p

bprayogo
April 12th, 2009, 08:06 AM
heee you already knowww :P

toku
April 12th, 2009, 09:31 AM
just for info:
next time please hold the front part of the hugger first then only the two side(so 2person will be better).need some presure,then mark the area to be drill.
yours is off set to the front.
the idea not to make the holes at the arm cover is,to let u ajust at what gap/hight from your tyre.
Max size will fit 160/60/17. but if u use 150/70/17 like me,then u need to add 1 washer under the L/R side of the hugger.

You're right mine is off set to the front however that was done intentionally beacuse I wanted more clearance between the hugger and the tire. If you compare your pictures to mine you'll see that there is a drastic difference in the gap to the tire.

In all honesty that's not what my main concern was with the item. I was expecting the hugger to lie flush on the swingarm, instead it bows out a bit. In general that's not a big issue however I wanted to retain my spools in the rear. With the cover bowing out a bit the spools would press on the cover and bend it akwardly if tightened all the way, and if not I'd be concerned that they would fall out. The solution was fairly simple so it's not a big deal, I was able to keep my spools and still mount the cover. Another issue I had was with clearance of the rear axle on one side the cover would lay on top of the axle, I tried turning and twisting and bending the cover every which way but simply couldn't get it to clear the axle entirely. Again the solution was simple so it not too big a deal, just a hassle really.

CZroe
April 20th, 2009, 11:38 PM
It cost you $300 USD to get it shipped where? I dunno where "Happey Valley" is. Canada? ;)

I've wanted this one because the swingarm looks decidedly plain, diminuitive, and blocky/retangular. Too bad bprayogo hasn't gotten a US distributor yet. :(

kirana
April 21st, 2009, 07:33 AM
but he can send it to u man,no problem.

CZroe
April 23rd, 2009, 04:32 AM
but he can send it to u man,no problem.

I know, but it's just WAY too expensive after shipping. :( If he could ship in bulk to a distributor, it would be MUCH cheaper.

CZroe
May 3rd, 2009, 12:43 AM
Oh! It looks like you had to cut it to retain your spools without awkwardly clamping down on the bulging cover. Is that right? Was that the "solution" you mention?

kirana
May 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
no cutting or what so ever bro

ztrack157
May 11th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Just so you Guys know I am now Bram's US distributor. I will have 11 of these bad boys by the first week of July. All colors available except the CF look. I will have a set price within a week or two. Best of all it will be under $200 shipped. If theres other products he carries that tickles your fancy let me know and I will get them in stock.

Sound Wave
May 12th, 2009, 12:48 AM
were the fit problems that toku experienced fixed? or is it the same design?

bprayogo
May 12th, 2009, 07:50 AM
actually there are no fit problem unless you are using 150/70/17 tires the 70 profile tire (except for the standard tire) wont fit well with our huggers, you need to put a washer under the hugger so the hugger wont touch the tire.
You can ask Kirana from Malaysian forum, how many of our huggers he fitted on his members bike .. every single hugger fit very well no problem whatsoever .

We have fixed the gap issue between the front part of the hugger and the arm cover.

I thanks Matt for his appreciation to our products and we'll absolutely support him in every way and hope that he'll do very well in the near future ..

Sound Wave
May 12th, 2009, 09:08 AM
thanks for the clarification :)

CZroe
May 13th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Just so you Guys know I am now Bram's US distributor. I will have 11 of these bad boys by the first week of July. All colors available except the CF look. I will have a set price within a week or two. Best of all it will be under $200 shipped. If theres other products he carries that tickles your fancy let me know and I will get them in stock.

You are my hero! I'm hoping you still have one in CP Blue by the time I pay off my fine (damned State of California) and save <$200. ;)

Just in time too... I really didn't want white hendrix's A-tech copy because it only looks good in CF or Black, which will not go well with my CP Blue. The black/CF A-tech style would be A-OK on either black or white bikes (which I do like) but painting the bike would be way too much trouble just for a good looking hugger. Oh, and I [heart] CP Blue. ;)

Does bprayogo offer an alternative cowl more like the stock cowl? Considering the price /availability, he should! FWIW, I use the helmet lock often so I would want one that closely resembles the second version of the solo seat cowling with a notch to allow it. That's not to say that the GP-style cowl looks bad, but it looks like it only belongs on green/black race replicas or Monster replicas.

ztrack157
May 13th, 2009, 12:35 PM
If you twist his arm he might make one.

Jiu Jitsu Player
May 13th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I like the GP style cowl and would definitely scoop one of those up but only if it came in Red and black. The one I saw was black and red.

ztrack157
May 13th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I'm sure he can adjust colors. Are you going to want a Red hugger? I got two coming.

Zandit
July 23rd, 2009, 02:56 AM
Does it matter if I have an 130/80 profile?

ztrack157
July 23rd, 2009, 05:37 PM
You may need to add a washer for clearance.

richierich781
July 26th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Z. What's the word on the candy thunder hugger?
Posted via Mobile Device

ztrack157
July 26th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Candy Thunder next shipment. They didn't get the sample in time for this one. And I have had about 12 people asking for it (easily the most popular) mean while only 2 takers on CPB. I think rocking a black one with the Daytona blue bike looks good too. Endless options.:rolleyes:

CZroe
July 30th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Candy Thunder next shipment. They didn't get the sample in time for this one. And I have had about 12 people asking for it (easily the most popular) mean while only 2 takers on CPB. I think rocking a black one with the Daytona blue bike looks good too. Endless options.:rolleyes:
I absolutely WILL be buying a CP blue one from you even though I am not even close to having the money ATM, but you can go ahead and count me as one of the "takers." ;)

ztrack157
July 30th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I only have three coming in. one is claimed and mike sema has the option to buy on another one. So there is one left and three people are asking about it. I may throw it up on ebay and let you three duke it out.

hmingtea
November 20th, 2010, 10:13 PM
The Hugger Rocks!!!!!!!!!