View Full Version : LED signal footpegs.

Rynownd
March 10th, 2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuVD8rEzBqY

This is a link to a video of a guy from Kawiforums' (FryedChicken) product. He turns the passenger footpeg brackets into brake lights and turn signals. He does custom work and I was going to have him put all yellows into the brackets so they would only be turn signals.

My question is: How effective do you think this setup would be to use as the only rear turn signal? I would like to rid my undertail of everything but my plate... so these LEDs would be my only rear signals. What do y'all think?

Rynownd
March 11th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Nothin'?

Cummon, someone's got some opinion!

athimmel
March 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I wouldn't get rid of the rear signals. It might be illegal in some states, and you still want to be as visible as possible. I'd use both if I was going to do it.

noche_caliente
March 11th, 2009, 06:19 PM
pm vex or search out his thread - he's got a similar setup, but his was the original - I will do the same eventually - I just have to actually sit down and order the stuff - but I haven't calculated all of what I need yet!

ninjabrewer
March 11th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I would check your local laws about taking off the turn signals. I've thought about the led lights and the lights under the tail, I think that they look a bit on the wild side, and they are very noticeable.

nb

Rynownd
March 12th, 2009, 05:33 AM
After looking at that vid about 100x, it seems like the lights might be a little low, and potentially obstructed by the exhaust.

I've got another idea and a week off school... let's hope I can get some parts shipped in time to try my hand at some custom mods. :cool: