View Full Version : Returning to two wheels

Sargent
September 14th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Hey all,

Just bought a Ninja 300 a couple months ago. Got rid of my Ninja 250 when my wife got pregnant several years ago and actually talked my wife into a new bike for the fuel savings. I'm in my late 20's, married with two kids.

I found the site looking to see what others have done to their bikes for personalization and performance improvements.

Would love to hear from / get together with any other riders in the area.

alex.s
September 14th, 2013, 11:15 PM
:welcome: Sargent! Glad to have you aboard...

rasta
September 15th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Hey dude! I just moved back to the Bay, after goin to Chico State for the past 5 years. I miss that town, what I'd do for a Bear Burger :lol:

Motofool
September 15th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Welcome to our site and welcome back to the two-wheel world, Ryan !!!

JohnnyBravo
September 15th, 2013, 07:03 AM
300 was def a good choice... Welcome to the forum, an back to two wheels!
Is it green???

Sargent
September 15th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys.

Sadly it's not green. The 2013 300's came in white, black, and what I consider black with some green. I wanted green until I saw it. Then a used white one with 1200 miles on it basically fell into my lap for a screaming deal.

I'm very happy with the white.

JohnnyBravo
September 15th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys.

Sadly it's not green. The 2013 300's came in white, black, and what I consider black with some green. I wanted green until I saw it. Then a used white one with 1200 miles on it basically fell into my lap for a screaming deal.

I'm very happy with the white.

The white ones are pretty sweet, and yea the SE is kinda a disappointment with mostly decals and black on green, def throwing some paint on mine shortly. Screaming deals are GOOD!!! :thumbup:
How would you compare the 300 to the 250?

Sargent
September 15th, 2013, 10:27 PM
The slipper clutch takes some getting used to. I loved my 250 but it just didn't have enough power out of corners. This thing doesn't have that problem. First gear is almost useless, I'm going to swap out for a 15T and hope it helps.

csmith12
September 16th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Welcome!

JohnnyBravo
September 16th, 2013, 07:20 AM
The slipper clutch takes some getting used to. I loved my 250 but it just didn't have enough power out of corners. This thing doesn't have that problem. First gear is almost useless, I'm going to swap out for a 15T and hope it helps.

I don't even know what the slipper clutch does, no matter how many people tell me... I understand the principal, and the words comin outa their mouths, but I ain't ever had a "durn that's what a slipper clutch does" moments.
Everybody likes the sprocket trick

JohnnyBravo
September 16th, 2013, 07:21 AM
:werd:

Panda
September 16th, 2013, 07:50 AM
I don't even know what the slipper clutch does, no matter how many people tell me... I understand the principal, and the words comin outa their mouths, but I ain't ever had a "durn that's what a slipper clutch does" moments.
Everybody likes the sprocket trick

Get up to 20mph in 2nd then drop it into 1st and dump the clutch.

When the rear wheel doesn't hop and slide and the bike doesn't jolt. You can thank the slipper.

JohnnyBravo
September 16th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Get up to 20mph in 2nd then drop it into 1st and dump the clutch.

When the rear wheel doesn't hop and slide and the bike doesn't jolt. You can thank the slipper.

He has to be an actual panda... A Kung foo panda

Thank you slipper clutch

KJohnson21
September 17th, 2013, 11:12 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

Snake
September 18th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Hello and welcome.