View Full Version : Illinois: just waiting for the weather...

zeroth
March 11th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I've been keeping my eye on this forum since winter, watching the warmer weather slowly work it's way up from FL/SoCal. At times it makes it into MO, but hasn't yet ventured into IL yet. I'm still waiting...

For those of you from Illinois who were hoping I was scheduling something, sorry! My a** can't handle the 35-degree temps on my bike!

TonyKZ1
March 11th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Ha, put on some warm gear and get out there! j/k
I've been riding all winter long, other than the days when the roads were snow/ice covered.

OldGuy
March 11th, 2009, 02:51 PM
My a** can't handle the 35-degree temps on my bike!

You aren't going to let a couple of guys from MO and NE show you up are you?:rolleyes:

zeroth
March 11th, 2009, 03:07 PM
You aren't going to let a couple of guys from MO and NE show you up are you?:rolleyes:

:ibeenripped:
You got me -- I'm a wuss! Hard to justify putting on all my gear for an 8-mile commute to work though, especially in subfreezing temps.

Now I'm in the process of dewinterizing it, so I'll be back on it (hopefully!) within a week. Now that you've laid down the challenge, I'll be riding it snow or shine! Now where can I get a snowplow attachment for the 250......:smow:

Speedster
March 11th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I've been keeping my eye on this forum since winter, watching the warmer weather slowly work it's way up from FL/SoCal. At times it makes it into MO, but hasn't yet ventured into IL yet. I'm still waiting...

For those of you from Illinois who were hoping I was scheduling something, sorry! My a** can't handle the 35-degree temps on my bike!

I took my bike out only 1 time this winter and that was last Thursday when the temperature was in the 50's and very windy (I had a blast riding thou), after that the temperature was too cold for me (30's & 40's) plus lots of rain and too windy. Waiting for next week, maybe in the 50's and dry.:D

OldGuy
March 11th, 2009, 05:16 PM
:ibeenripped:
You got me -- I'm a wuss! Hard to justify putting on all my gear for an 8-mile commute to work though, especially in subfreezing temps.

Now I'm in the process of dewinterizing it, so I'll be back on it (hopefully!) within a week. Now that you've laid down the challenge, I'll be riding it snow or shine! Now where can I get a snowplow attachment for the 250......:smow:

Well I wouldn't worry about the snow plow. If it has been snowing or wet and the temps are too low I'm in the cage. Was going to ride in yesterday but there was heavy frost on the truck and that means could have been some on the road. Don't need to do something stupid when the whole season is coming up in a few weeks.

My commute is only 8 miles too so that's why I'm willing to go out into the cold for 15 minutes of joy before and after the J O B. I'm sure others have found this to be true but to ride safe you have to be focused on the NOW not what is waiting at work or what you left there. Good mind cleanser. :)

I've found that my TourMaster gear really makes it a nice ride unless it is like this morning when the Wind Chill was -12.

As my dad would have said there is Dumb and there is Stupid - we can't fix Stupid. :D

See you on the road

empire00
March 11th, 2009, 09:00 PM
im from southern IL (marion/carbondale area) and i had the bike out from thursday to tuesday this week. looks like the cold is moving in tho. :p

OldGuy
March 12th, 2009, 07:39 AM
im from southern IL (marion/carbondale area) and i had the bike out from thursday to tuesday this week. looks like the cold is moving in tho. :p

Sorry to say we're sending you three days of single digit crap for the morning rides with sub-0 windchill before you start down the road. 12 Deg right now.

But . . . warm weather coming this weekend. Get the polish rag out and get your rides ready.

empire00
March 12th, 2009, 05:33 PM
yeah no joke...