View Full Version : Front brake dragging

Tigerpaw
September 16th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I changed my front stock brake pads to EBC HH. When I am pushing the bike in the driveway, it sounds like the front brake is dragging.

The bike was flawless beforehand. I only changed the front pads(no lines or fluid). I cleaned the barely dirty pistons, during installation.

The brake performs nicely, while riding. I have approximately 400 miles on the new pads. The rotor looks nice and smooth.

Did I overlook something on installation?

Alex
September 16th, 2013, 04:57 PM
If you put it up on a front stand and spin the wheel, does it spin freely for several revolutions? If so - there's effectively no brake drag. Some pads are noisier than others, even while just brushing against the rotor.

Tigerpaw
September 17th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I don't have a front stand.

I might have some fellow employees lift the bars, while I spin the wheel.

alex.s
September 17th, 2013, 03:50 PM
i've used a high curb (high center on the curb) to get wheels off the ground when i needed to change wheels with no stands.

honestly though just buy a stand.

Asspire
September 17th, 2013, 03:51 PM
did you burnish the rotor when you replaced the pads? are there hot spots on the rotor? are they legit EBC pads?

did you price out a R6?

CC Cowboy
September 17th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I don't have a front stand.

I might have some fellow employees lift the bars, while I spin the wheel.

You got to be joking. You really can't lift the bike with one hand and spin the damn tire with the other? For crying out loud.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were a girl. I think you need to change your name.

Alex
September 17th, 2013, 04:39 PM
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-v38Js4g/0/X3/i-v38Js4g-X3.gif

Tigerpaw
September 17th, 2013, 04:41 PM
You got to be joking. You really can't lift the bike with one hand and spin the damn tire with the other? For crying out loud.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were a girl. I think you need to change your name.

:rolleyes: The new brake pads added a lot of weight. I'm not sure if I can do it.

JohnnyBravo
September 18th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Yea just pick up the front, and when it falls over you can spin either wheel all ya want