View Full Version : New Seattle Member

2weelz
September 21st, 2013, 03:03 PM
Hello,

I bought my 2007 pregen Ninjette back in June. It runs rough, I ride it anyway. I will be researching the interwebs including this forum to get it running smoothly and efficiently.

I'm not on the map yet because my browser security is blocking the scripts; I will try later with a different browser. In the meantime, I'm in the Roosevelt area. I *might* go on the Oyster Run tomorrow (09/22/2013), depending on whether I feel like getting wet. We still have some nice fall days ahead, so I hope I can get together with other local ninjette owners for some rides. Man, now that I have one, I see them everywhere. They're ubiquituous.

BTW this is my third bike. Bought a '74 Honda CB360 in the '90's, I finally sold it, reluctantly in, 2011, after it hadn't run for years. I still have an MZ RT125 I got for a townie a few years back. I wanted the lowest total cost of ownership for a freeway capable vehicle and the Ninjette seemed to fill the bill, so I got one.I don't know how far I'll go with mods, I just want a reliable commuter capable of the occasional weekend trip. Seeing what some people on this forum do with their bikes has me thinking, though.

Shiny side up,

Paul

allanoue
September 21st, 2013, 03:06 PM
welcome Paul

KJohnson21
September 21st, 2013, 03:11 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

JohnnyBravo
September 21st, 2013, 07:09 PM
Welcome... Hope ya get it back in shape soon, enjoy the ride

csmith12
September 21st, 2013, 07:12 PM
Welcome Paul!

Rough aye? When was the last service and last carb cleaning?

2weelz
September 22nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
Welcome Paul!

Rough aye? When was the last service and last carb cleaning?

I presume it needs one. Service records show it had been rejetted about 14 months before I bought it, but there were only 300 plus miles put on it during that time, so it probably sat long enough to age the gas. I don't know if I want to do that myself without a garage. So I want the cheapest way to get it done properly--maybe "cheap" and "properly" are mutually exclusive.

allanoue
September 22nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
So I want the cheapest way to get it done properly--maybe "cheap" and "properly" are mutually exclusive.

seafoam

rasta
September 22nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
Welcome :wave: I'm a big fan of what your football team up there is doing :)

RedPepper64
September 22nd, 2013, 06:00 PM
seafoam

Seafoam is scary, go for Startron if anything.

And WELCOME another SEA local!

2weelz
September 22nd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Seafoam is scary, go for Startron if anything.

And WELCOME another SEA local!

I already tried Seafoam. Did not do the direct injection into the fuel line method, but did empty the tank as much as I could and dump the rest in for max concentration. This after I had gone through a fresh tank with most of the bottle.

It did not help.

The MZ, which received the Seafoam-infused gas siphoned from the Ninjette tank, runs sweetly as ever. It did need some choke today, but the Ninjette always does, even when it's 90 degrees out.

-2weelz

ichibunkid.206
September 22nd, 2013, 08:56 PM
welcome Paul
I'm located up in the Shoreline area

Motofool
September 23rd, 2013, 06:28 AM
Welcome to our site, Paul !!!

I love the MZ RT125 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

2weelz
September 23rd, 2013, 08:42 AM
Welcome to our site, Paul !!!

I love the MZ RT125 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Pity about MZ, wish they were still in business. I love that thing, but it just can't handle the commute across 520 to Bellevue or Redmond. The upside of that is I had the perfect excuse to buy another bike. I *had* to, you see...

@Phil,
My ATGATT resolve broke down a few times this summer, but I'm back in the full Motoport suit even for short errands. Used to ride the MZ up your way to the community college a few years back. Then back on 3rd to head south again. Love those back streets on the little bike. 30 mph doesn't feel that slow.
~Paul

greenaero
September 23rd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the forum!

2weelz
September 23rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Bulk thanks to those I haven't replied to individually. I appreciate the welcome.
greenaero,
what is your mpg with that crazy thing on back? what other efficiency mods have you done? Can you link...never mind, I found your hypermiler thread, got a tab open to it.
_P

ichibunkid.206
September 24th, 2013, 06:49 AM
@Phil,
My ATGATT resolve broke down a few times this summer, but I'm back in the full Motoport suit even for short errands. Used to ride the MZ up your way to the community college a few years back. Then back on 3rd to head south again. Love those back streets on the little bike. 30 mph doesn't feel that slow.
~Paul

Hey Paul...

I actually still cruise up and down 3rd when ever I head into Ballard, The road is still pretty smooth is a lot of places, and I don't have to worry about all of the cagers like you would on Greenwood Ave, or Aurora Ave.

Mocha Man
September 26th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Welcome, Paul! Have fun in the rainy weather to come! I live just a couple hours away from Seattle (on the other side of the mountains) and it has been raining off and on here.

Snake
September 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Hello and welcome

JohnnyBravo
September 27th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Y'all got The best coffee

greenaero
September 28th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Bulk thanks to those I haven't replied to individually. I appreciate the welcome.
greenaero,
what is your mpg with that crazy thing on back? what other efficiency mods have you done? Can you link...never mind, I found your hypermiler thread, got a tab open to it.
_P

Hi Paul, I just got a personasl best of 146.6 mpg on a test run. The primary modifications are the streamlined bodywork, taller gearing ( 15/33 ) and increased tire pressure ( 40-50psi ). I'm also working on a less radical bike with a removal trunk that should break the 100 mpg barrier.