View Full Version : New member :] New bike!

NewNinja
March 12th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Hello everyone! i live in Arcadia in California! I officially today just got my first bike and its a black 08 kawasaki 250r. please if you have any tips for a newbie just let me know :] thanks in advance!

Alex
March 12th, 2009, 10:30 PM
:welcome:

zartan
March 12th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Welcome and tips:
always ride with in your abilities. :)
and it is more important to learn how to stop well then to go fast!!

Have fun!!

CrzyFstMnM
March 12th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Welcome!
As my signature says Safe and Smooth Riding!

kkim
March 12th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Aloha and welcome, Danny.

Just take the time to read the posts on the forum and you will learn a great deal to make you a better rider.

:)

Visus
March 12th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Welcome. Grats on the bike!

ninjabrewer
March 12th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Best advice I can give.....Take the MSF course, get some good gear and use it, ride your ride, not how everybody else is riding.

Welcome to fun city. Have a question, any question, ask and yea shall receive and answer. Lots of experience on here and they are glad to help. And don't worry about asking the wrong question, everybody on here was a noob at one time. :D

nb

00v_Lucky
March 13th, 2009, 03:13 AM
check the tire pressure because out of the dealership they might not be inflated enough. And be aware of the major difference in the feel of the bike when you do so. I believe the front is supposed to be 28, rear 32 psi Someone correct me if I am wrong. Also, if you weigh more than 150 you might want to change the preload spring located below your seat with that hook lookin tool from your tool kit.

Important to look at the break-in thread for your engine! This would help out alot, i wish someone told me when i first got my bike.

BlueTyke
March 13th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Welcome to the boards!

Snake
March 13th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Welcome on booard. The best advice I can give you is to take a riders training class and ride within your abilities.
Congrats on the new bike.

athimmel
March 13th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Best advice I can give.....Take the MSF course, get some good gear and use it, ride your ride, not how everybody else is riding.

nb

What more needs to be said? :thumbup:

Welcome to the boards!

NewNinja
March 13th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Thank you everyone! And yes, I am taking the MSF course starting next week on Wednesday. I've already bought all the gear too:] Not the most expensive gear, but it works.

OldGuy
March 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM
:welcome: Danny. I know you will find a lot of new friends and good information. The most important purchases after the bike is the gear. You don't have to go for the $500 helmets and $1,000 leathers but don't be doing a "WalMart Special either".

Ride safe and have fun.

noche_caliente
March 13th, 2009, 03:30 PM
welcome!

KJohnson21
March 13th, 2009, 04:50 PM

Sailariel
March 13th, 2009, 06:18 PM
check the tire pressure because out of the dealership they might not be inflated enough. And be aware of the major difference in the feel of the bike when you do so. I believe the front is supposed to be 28, rear 32 psi Someone correct me if I am wrong. Also, if you weigh more than 150 you might want to change the preload spring located below your seat with that hook lookin tool from your tool kit.

Important to look at the break-in thread for your engine! This would help out alot, i wish someone told me when i first got my bike.

Very good point. When I picked up my 08 from the "Dealer?", the tyre pressure was 41-41. I wondered why the ride home was so harsh. I also did not get my Owner`s Manual until a week later--they misplaced it and had to order me one. I did get the proper tyre pressure off this Forum. Bike sure rode a lot smoother after that.

Sound Wave
March 13th, 2009, 08:39 PM
welcome! and congrats on getting a black bike!

advice... hmm.... elaborating pretty much on what zartan already said.

in a wide open space, practice and become proficient with emergency braking and evasive maneuvering.

when you are in a situation that requires a quick response, you won't have time to think what to do next. but if you practiced it, your body will instinctively know what to do.

sherbear
March 13th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Welcome. Enjoy. Ride Safe.

islanderman7
March 13th, 2009, 09:20 PM

komohana
March 17th, 2009, 07:09 PM
aloha and welcome to the forum. be safe and enjoy :yo:

ninjablk08
March 25th, 2009, 07:52 PM
welcome and always wear your gear