View Full Version : Dropped Bike Need Help!

NewNinja
March 14th, 2009, 01:58 PM
So I was going on a turn when suddenly the tire slipped on an oil puddle and I fell. Leaving the bike still in 1st gear. So I switched the kill switch and picked it back up. After that I couldn't start it unless I held on to the clutch. So I'm thinking its still on first gear. I try to switch it to neutral but it doesn't show up, it seems like no matter how I step on the clutch, I'm stuck on 1st gear. Any suggestions? Oh and I'm a newbie

Sloppy2nds
March 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
try clicking the shifter up with your hand with the bike off. may just be hitting it too hard and going in to another gear. Neutral doesnt take much its basically half a click up. Try this first.

NewNinja
March 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah, Thanks that really helped! I still have one problem though. When after I start it on neutral when I click the shifter down the neutral light goes away, but I'm still not on first. Until I click the shifter down again, is when I can actually let go of the clutch and feel the bike moving. So is it possible that I maybe skipped 1st gear and jumped to 2nd gear after neutral?

Sloppy2nds
March 14th, 2009, 02:34 PM
the reason i actually had you try doing that with your hand was to show you how little it takes to get to neutral. The "N Light" is exactly that, just a light. After you click down from a red light slowly let go of the clutch and you should feel it click right into gear. I dont want to say youre not clicking into first hard enough but that maybe the case. Dont slam on it too hard though.....I dont think this is a cause from you dropping the bike, its actually a normal occurance especially on a newer bike. It will get better the more you ride. Hope this help and you understand as this is the best i can describe things.

NewNinja
March 14th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Oh I see. Okay! That helped a lot. Thanks I really appreciate it :]

Sloppy2nds
March 14th, 2009, 02:37 PM
no prob man.....ride safe

ajaygraci
March 14th, 2009, 08:45 PM
that sucks, did you do any fairing damage to your bike Danny?

BlueTyke
March 16th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Wow Danny. Glad your okay. Even if it was just dropped bad things can happen. Good luck! and welcome!