View Full Version : lake Roosevelt was a great ride

mike_sema
March 14th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Well me and a few buddies went for a rid today man the weather was great we went up to lake Roosevelt to the dam. the trip was 290 miles from my front door and back, so those of you from Tucson and haven't made this ride its pretty easy just take the 77 north till you get to globe hang a left on hwy 60 then a right at the 188 and your their we came down the 188 then made a left at the 60 to come home and took the 79 back in to Tucson. her is a few pics of the lake and the dame and one of me and my 250

BlueJeepYJ
March 14th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Awesome Pics! Thanks for sharing! I'm liking the blue ninjas!

Jeff

OldGuy
March 14th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Well me and a few buddies went for a rid today man the weather was great we went up to lake Roosevelt to the dam. the trip was 290 miles from my front door and back. . . me and my 250

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. Who says the 250 too small for long distance riding.

mike_sema
March 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks for sharing the great pictures. Who says the 250 too small for long distance riding.

not me this is my second long trip the last was to go see a bike show that ride was 340 mile round trip :thumbup:

GreezMunky
March 15th, 2009, 08:54 AM

*giggles* These people that say the Ninja isn't good for long distances or the highway are flippin retarded, seriously. I hear/read about it all the time and all I can do is laugh. When I want to go home on the weekends, Friday night 200 miles from Abilene to Waco, the first 55 miles being on 1-20. Saturday I go riding with my dad, usually another 200 miles because we always have to put gas in the tanks before and after the trip. Sunday morning another ride, although maybe 100 miles this time. Sunday afternoon it's back to Abilene. 200 miles.

All in all, 700 miles at least in a weekend, with freeways. All pleasure riding too. By the time I get home Sunday night I still want to keep riding.

These little bikes are so cool.

mike_sema
March 15th, 2009, 08:58 AM
hey GreezMunky i cant agree more i ride to work every day i can and its 30 miles one way on the freeway

GreezMunky
March 15th, 2009, 09:05 AM
hey GreezMunky i cant agree more i ride to work every day i can and its 30 miles one way on the freeway

I envy you. At my old job it was a 45 mile commute one way and I loved it...(before diesel prices shot through the roof and my truck was killing me - I would have killed to have my bike then). Now my job is only 5 minutes away and that's usually all I get to ride my bike during the week because I work so late.

So once again, I envy you. lol :)

BlueTyke
March 16th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Wow sounds like a good time!!

As for the long distance thing... Well I know I have ridden 454 miles round trip in one day and another gent on here did 14 hr long ride... It can be done. Has been done. Will be done :D