View Full Version : Where does this attach?

CaliGirl
March 14th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I have asked this before but cannot remember (or find) the answer. Where does this attach? And with what screw/bolt?

Thanks!

kkim
March 14th, 2009, 09:59 PM
okay, gimme a hint... what are we looking at? :D

Nemy
March 14th, 2009, 11:23 PM
pictionary! lol I have no idea what I'm looking at...

zartan
March 14th, 2009, 11:32 PM
OOHH a contest. guess the part!!!!

maybe part # 11450 or related
check

Chassis electrical equipment.

SKU: 11054-1754
BRACKET,HARNESS

http://www.babbittsonline.com (http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/9/Kawasaki.aspx)

It also says on that part to reference cowling

Sound Wave
March 15th, 2009, 04:44 AM
zartan, yeah that looks like it. i saw that in my service manual, but it doesn't mention the part number like that website does.

cg, it seems to be attached to the part of the front cowl mount (don't know the real name). i haven't seen that part in person, but if it is attached to one side and dangling on the other, try pivoting the loose side upwards. hopefully you can figure out where it mounts to that way by following the arc. it attaches with one bolt on each end.

seems like the rear of that part mounts to the main frame of the bike.

Sound Wave
March 15th, 2009, 04:48 AM
aha! i found a pic from trozza on this forum in the "let's get nekkid" thread. it is above the yellow circle... about 1 o'clock from the circle.

http://www.trozza.com/files/BoltOne.jpg

miks
March 15th, 2009, 04:56 AM
The thing Gary is talking about is in the blue circle. (hope you don't mind me editing the picture)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9412/boltone.jpg

Sound Wave
March 15th, 2009, 05:03 AM
(hope you don't mind me editing the picture)

hey!!! put it back the way it was!!!! LOL. thanks. when we do ultrasound of the breasts, in order to give the doctor an idea where the mass is, we pretend the breast is like a clock. we use the nipple as the center of the clock. but yeah, your way is much easier to understand. i was just too lazy.

miks
March 15th, 2009, 05:32 AM
So... you're job is to look at/examine breast?

Sound Wave
March 15th, 2009, 07:41 AM
So... you're job is to look at/examine breast?
well, they don't pay me to look at them :p, but yeah to examine them. well, other body parts too.

in fact, i was about to go to sleep and the hospital paged me to come in and do a vaginal exam on a patient from the emergency room. just got home. trying to wind down again.

zartan
March 15th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Sound wave what you do is so important!!
It is a very stressful thing for women to get these exams, sometimes in the process of finding out bad things sometimes I hope mostly good news too.

It is stressful for both men and women to be tested for things. Thanks for what you do.

Now back to guess the part contest.:) I think we found the culprit. and the babbitts guide show what bolt size is also.

CaliGirl
March 15th, 2009, 12:24 PM
OMG :eek: ! you guys and gals are hilarious! From parts to boobs and vags back to parts. I love this place. Thanks for the help.

Good news! Bike is up and running healthy! Just have to put on the left side fairings and I am back on the road today!! WOOHOO!! :thumbup:

ninjabrewer
March 15th, 2009, 01:47 PM
:juggle:

Sound Wave
March 15th, 2009, 02:27 PM
thanks for the compliment zartan. i get a lot of satisfaction from my job.... just wish i didn't have to get satisfaction at 330 in the morning!!!

cg, i am glad we could be of help. i know i definitely received my share of help from this board.

and chris, thanks for juggling your balls in public. lol.

CaliGirl
March 15th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for all the help. I got it attached. Here was the reason why i couldn't figure it out....it was bent. Luckily, I had an extra one.

ninjabrewer
March 15th, 2009, 03:48 PM
yeah I like to take them out and play with them sometimes.

Right now, we are getting stuff ready to move, ( and I am finding all kinds of things to play with :D) I will be moving the last weekend of the month into a smaller place, so we are getting stuff ready to go to the storage place, so I will be really scarce the next few weeks.

And I have got to agree with cg, we can get off track rather easily, but we still get the question answered. :thumbup:

later

nb

CaliGirl
March 15th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I don't want to start another thread, so here is another question. I started up my bike and it started fine with the choke open a little, so I'm letting it warm up and I give it some more gas to rev the engine to do a walk around and make sure it's good to go.....and something sprays out of my exhaust from this hole pictured below. I don't remember this every happening. Any ideas?? It doesn't smell like much of anything, so I have no clue what it could be and if I should not take it out for a ride.

HELP!:(

Sound Wave
March 15th, 2009, 04:21 PM
my guess would be that it is just water... the condensation whatever thing... or some rain water got it. that hole, which i never noticed before, seems to be a drain. i wouldn't worry about it.

water comes out of car exhausts too.

CaliGirl
March 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
my guess would be that it is just water... the condensation whatever thing... or some rain water got it. that hole, which i never noticed before, seems to be a drain. i wouldn't worry about it.

water comes out of car exhausts too.

Thanks for the quick reply! I was concerned for a second...:)

noche_caliente
March 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! I was concerned for a second...:)

She's just so excited to be heading out that she couldn't control herself - it's ok - it happens sometimes ;)

I'm almost positive that Gary is correct though - iirc the hole is there as a condensation drain on the exhaust :) Congrats on getting her up and running!!!! :D

Sound Wave
March 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM
cg, see you later. go ride already! lol

i gotta do a couple more loads of laundry, then i am going for a ride too.

g21-30
March 15th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I don't want to start another thread, so here is another question. I started up my bike and it started fine with the choke open a little, so I'm letting it warm up and I give it some more gas to rev the engine to do a walk around and make sure it's good to go.....and something sprays out of my exhaust from this hole pictured below. I don't remember this every happening. Any ideas?? It doesn't smell like much of anything, so I have no clue what it could be and if I should not take it out for a ride.

HELP!:(

Condensation (water byproduct of combustion). My bike does the same thing! It's OK. :thumbup:

OldGuy
March 15th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Maybe her Ninja was so excited to be going for a ride it was peeing:rolleyes:

islanderman7
March 15th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Oh gosh. :rolleyes: Getting awfully close back to body parts again.

kkim
March 15th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Oh gosh. :rolleyes: Getting awfully close back to body parts again.

nuthin' wrong with that! :D

miks
March 15th, 2009, 10:34 PM
So, Gary whats your occupation?

Also, glad to hear your bike is up and running CG!

CaliGirl
March 16th, 2009, 12:58 AM
I love how my thread goes so far off topic... I've really missed the forums! Now that I'm up and riding again, I can post whore it up here without feeling so bad =)
Posted via Mobile Device

Sound Wave
March 16th, 2009, 01:00 AM
So, Gary whats your occupation?

ultrasound tech... that is why i use "sound wave" as my screen name. i also do x-rays.

cg, i forgot to tell you that you should have gotten someone to take a picture of you as you took the bike out for your second-first ride.