View Full Version : Hello Everyone. New to the forums

kennetht
October 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Hey all.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here on the forums. I'm a new member, just joined.

I just got my first bike. 2009 Ninja 250R. I've ridden many times before, but being I was still living with my parents, I was not allowed to get my own bike. But since I now have my own place, I have the freedom to do what I want, so I just picked myself up my first bike. Got it for an amazing deal as well.

The bike overall is in good shape. Just needs a scheduled maintenance, but other than that, she is a perfect first bike for me. I plan to clean the carbs, replace the brake fluid, change the oil and filter, as well as check the air filter. Also need to clean the chain and lube it up. Other than that, shes good to go. Brake pads were just changed prior to my purchase.

Only problem is that the odometer and speedometer dont work. The seller said it stopped working about a month ago. I have to look into that issue, but it is not that big of a deal for me.

Here's a few pictures (ignore the little gas moped lol)

Motofool
October 11th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Welcome to our site, Ken !!!

Please read our Riding Skills section.

Congratulations on your new life's endeavors.

csmith12
October 11th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Welcome Ken!

Is that plastidip or a rattlecan job? And common, the lil gas moped need love 2. hahahahaha

tfkrocks
October 11th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Only problem is that the odometer and speedometer dont work. The seller said it stopped working about a month ago. I have to look into that issue, but it is not that big of a deal for me.

Cable might've snapped.

ninjabrewer
October 11th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Welcome to the forum.

nb

JohnnyBravo
October 11th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I like the two tone... Welcome to the forum :thumbup: congrats on the freedom an bike, an gas scooter ped thingie!!

Flying
October 11th, 2013, 09:31 PM
I think I recall scoping that bike's ad.

It was listed with a plastidip job and a rusting chain for around $1500-1700 if I'm correct.

Go rejet that carb!

Alex
October 13th, 2013, 11:10 PM
/moved to new member section

kennetht
October 14th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Welcome Ken!

Is that plastidip or a rattlecan job? And common, the lil gas moped need love 2. hahahahaha

Yeah it's plastidipped. Previous owner laid the bike down at low speed and decided to cover the scratches by plastidipping the entire bike. Turned out pretty good.

Yeah that moped served me well over the years! That baby tops out at a ridiculously fast 25 mph!!!! lol

kennetht
October 14th, 2013, 07:21 AM
I think I recall scoping that bike's ad.

It was listed with a plastidip job and a rusting chain for around $1500-1700 if I'm correct.

Go rejet that carb!

Yep that's the ad, it was up on craigslist. Seller was asking for $1500 for it, but he ended up selling it to me for a couple hundred off of that, so I ended up with a good deal. Seller is a great guy too. Contacted me a week or so later and asked how things were going with the bike and how I liked it. Looking to ride with him and his friends at some point. Hopefully sometime before it gets too cold.

kennetht
October 14th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Cable might've snapped.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I have a good friend whos been around bikes for a long time. Hes gonna come over one day and check things out and help me out with fixing it what not. In the meantime, it's not too big a deal.

kennetht
October 14th, 2013, 07:27 AM
I like the two tone... Welcome to the forum :thumbup: congrats on the freedom an bike, an gas scooter ped thingie!!

haha. thanks! glad to be here.

KJohnson21
October 14th, 2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

JohnnyBravo
October 14th, 2013, 06:44 PM
:thumbup:

azian4lifz
October 15th, 2013, 12:59 AM
WELCOME

Snake
October 15th, 2013, 01:14 AM