View Full Version : I did 2 Mods

CrzyFstMnM
March 18th, 2009, 08:59 PM
So woohoo first mods as a rider.
with the help of jeff (jeffwessel) I shimmed the needles on the carbs and i removed the snorkel. everything went good, although the back screws on the carbs are a PITA to take out.

Hopefully this is the first of many mods, considering i get money haha

jeffwessel
March 18th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Were you able to notice a difference at all on your ride home?

CrzyFstMnM
March 18th, 2009, 09:06 PM
idk if it was my imagination but soundwise it was a little deeper rumble when throttling. like a deep roar kinda a thing ya know.

and as far as the shimming is concerned not that big of a difference but i can tell the bike picks up just a bit quicker

miks
March 18th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Was shimming the needles easy for you?

CrzyFstMnM
March 18th, 2009, 10:37 PM
well u know taking the fairings off and then the gas tank off was pretty simple
although i did find out that i had a cali version of the bike so there were more tubes. the hardest part about the actual shimming was taking the screws off. try to use a butterfly tip with a wrench thing so its like an L-shaped. other than that, washers were easy.

From my experience, if u don't want to spend money right now definitely do these two mods. its not that hard and it gives u a chance to see whats under the covers.

zenxfour
July 23rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
well u know taking the fairings off and then the gas tank off was pretty simple
although i did find out that i had a cali version of the bike so there were more tubes. the hardest part about the actual shimming was taking the screws off. try to use a butterfly tip with a wrench thing so its like an L-shaped. other than that, washers were easy.

From my experience, if u don't want to spend money right now definitely do these two mods. its not that hard and it gives u a chance to see whats under the covers.

Forgive me, newbie...but can you explain the point of doing this... from what you have said sounds like something I'd be interested in... but just not familiar with these parts etc...

kkim
July 23rd, 2009, 02:12 PM
Forgive me, newbie...but can you explain the point of doing this... from what you have said sounds like something I'd be interested in... but just not familiar with these parts etc...

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9465&highlight=shimming