View Full Version : 15 ft U-Turn !!!

g21-30
March 19th, 2009, 09:16 AM
MyPdwJ70a-8

zeroth
March 19th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Wow! Especially impressive considering what bike he did that with! Someone should be able to demonstrate a 12-ft turn with a Ninjette!

OldGuy
March 19th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Notice what his head is doing every time?

g21-30
March 19th, 2009, 10:40 AM
If anyone wants to learn how to do this, I can provide a link to a Motor Officer who will send you practice instructions. He has TWO stipulations: you must request the doc via email from him and you must not send (or post) to anyone else via the 'Net! I got my doc yesterday and will start practicing this weekend. Good Stuff! :thumbup:

KJohnson21
March 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM
HDs, and cruisers in general, have a pretty low center of gravity. That makes this kind of trick a bit easier than on a standard or a sport bike.

I didn't say that it's easy to do on a cruiser, just easier. It still takes time, practice, etc.

The reason it would be easier to do on a ninjette is that our wheel-base is 8 inches shorter (55.1" vs. 63.8"), and we're less than half the weight of the HD (375.8 lb (wet) vs. 775 lb (dry))!!

g21-30
March 19th, 2009, 02:23 PM
For those of you who requested Harris' email, please practice and report back on your progress! Be the best that you can be. :)

kkim
March 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM
"I am's what I yam." - Popeye

g21-30
March 21st, 2009, 12:32 PM
The 2X4 exercise is even more difficult with the Ninja 250. The 2X4 is just tall enough to stall the engine most of the time! The Harley's have a lot more torque from a standing start.

ASJKYjHa4NY

scorpio_vette
July 10th, 2009, 10:12 PM
yeah with the little ninja, you should be able to turn the thing damn near on a dime with some practice. i'm still practicing to do a FULL LOCK just off idle 360degree turn with my cruiser. i've only managed to do it 1 or 2 times so far. most of the time i get about 1/2 into the turn and end up dumping it (thank god for crashbars and saddle bags. LOL).

i can do a u-turn in roughly 17-18feet, but i'm still very shakey at it. those bikes get a bit heavy when you are leaning that far with almost no momentum at all.

but on a larger sweep, i can put that cruiser down until the pipes and everything starts dragging. the first time i took my wifes 250 around a parking lot, i rode it right off the chicken strip. i didn't realize i was actually leaning it that hard until my buddy told me that i had it down about 2x as far as my cruiser and that i should look at my rear tire if i didn't believe him. after i saw the tire it kinda scared the hell out of me. LOL it doesn't feel like you're leaning that much when you're sitting on the bike. but it sure is fun.

here is a small video of a buddy and me just playing around at a friends shop during a little wrench fest. we were just having some fun scraping our bikes. if you turn the volume up, you can hear us scraping quite a few times.

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr55/kulprit75/th_DSCF4598.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/albums/rr55/kulprit75/?action=view&current=DSCF4598.flv)

Snake
July 11th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I just sent you a PM requesting the info.

jr.
July 11th, 2009, 08:51 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8PsxxBSSORs/SYYcfFYAdoI/AAAAAAAABQM/krT5_uMwTIg/s400/chrome_wont_help_you.jpg

g21-30
July 11th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I just sent you a PM requesting the info.

Sorry Snake. I went for a 1 hr 45 min walk this morning and have been tuning up my wife's Triathlon Bicycle (Cannondale). I had to get the wheels trued and decided to take a break and check Ninjette.org.

I just sent you and Banzai the info, as requested.

Let me know how your practice goes! :thumbup:

capt_bugaloo
July 11th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Notice what his head is doing every time?
Yep; look where you wanna go, not where you are going.

Jacksmeow
July 12th, 2009, 04:50 AM
check out: www.ridelikeapro.com they are friends of ours. Jerry is a former motorofficer, and his wife Donna (who maybe weighs 110 lbs) can ride a big 800-900 lb Harley like no one else! They have visited here in TN several times to ride the Dragon.

Snake
July 12th, 2009, 05:28 AM
check out: www.ridelikeapro.com they are friends of ours. Jerry is a former motorofficer, and his wife Donna (who maybe weighs 110 lbs) can ride a big 800-900 lb Harley like no one else! They have visited here in TN several times to ride the Dragon.

Does he do training for sport bike riders also?

g21-30
July 12th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Yep, I have Ride Like A Pro V, along with Harris' instructions. They both teach the same thing, in different ways.

scorpio_vette
July 12th, 2009, 08:54 AM
we bought ride like a pro V shortly after we got the bikes because we couldn't afford the MSF course right away. I met some good guys at a bike ralley though that helped us out and took us through several rods and maneuvers and pointed out where to make improvements. so between various friends, we've always had pretty good guidance.

I would like to get the "riding the dragon" dvd, and if possible i'd like to take the advanced riders course, the track course with sport bikes, and the motor-officer course. i think that would be fun.

i do alot of tight maneuver practicing though when i'm bored. which is one of the reasons why i got the crash bars and saddle bags, that way i wouldn't mess up the bike.

i've had people ask me why i do stuff like that if i know i'm gonna drop my bike, and i always tell them: "you don't get better without practice, and if you don't drop your bike ones in a while, then you aren't practicing hard enough". you don't know your limits if you haven't dropped it yet.

oh and always wear your safety gear. specially while practicing.