View Full Version : Kleen Air System - Breather Filter

DmbShn41
October 20th, 2013, 02:59 AM
So I'm in the midst of putting bike back together after removing the air box and swapping out some jets. I came across the Kleen Air system, and was going to remove, but when I saw a few threads on here, it looks like there may be a certain combination of mods that will allow the bike to run well with out it. Not sure if I need to go that far, so I thought I would just throw a breather on the end of hose where it used to connect to the air box.

Has anyone done this before? No major affects? What size breather?

Thanks~

cuong-nutz
October 20th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Just remove the system all together and put a plug at the hole in the airbox. You can buy a block off plate or make your own, or be cheap and shove a bolt into the tube and clamp it.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9948

Asspire
October 20th, 2013, 06:09 AM
I have a breather on mine and modified the valve abit, so now on decel it backfires little blue flames. Some like, some don't. Do what pleases you.

DmbShn41
October 20th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Already have air box removed, so plugging off that hole isn't an option...I'm just wondering if there is any performance/runability advantage to having it/not having it. Reading the previous issues some had with, which were most likely caused by modding, then jetting, then removing Kleen system, then having to retune carbs, I wasnt sure if someone had found a tried and true setup.

I'm doing all this work (airbox removal/pods/jetting) in cold Ohio, so I won't really have the best environment to run it before spring.

Think I'm going to throw a breather on it for now until next year, see how it runs, and then remove later after fine tuning the carbs.

Thanks~