View Full Version : LED kit

CrzyFstMnM
March 19th, 2009, 09:13 PM
So I have an 09 SE Ninja. I was wondering if anyone else who has this bike has put any sort of LED's on there and if they could post a picture up with what kind of LED's. Im trying to figure out if just a simple green LED kit would work or maybe red would look badass or whatnot.

Any opinions?

Buffalony
March 20th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Do a search on youtube. theres a couple vids on this right now.

Viper-Byte
March 20th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I am putting Green LEDs in my 08 green, I am custom making the kit, I am just working on the locations of the LEDs, it is very hard here as there are big restrictions on this in my area...

Verus Cidere
March 21st, 2009, 01:57 PM
You might wanna be careful about the red. Technically, red or blue LEDs or other lights (other than brake lights) are illegal. They're reserved for emergency vehicles. It just depends on how anal the cops are around there. Green shouldn't be a problem there. You can find a few LED kits on eBay, but I don't know how much you want to pay for them. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GREEN-LED-BODY-KIT-KAWASAKI-NINJA-EX250-EX-250_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ150327675314QQptZMotorsQ 5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Hope that helps! :D

CrzyFstMnM
March 21st, 2009, 04:33 PM
Hey thanks
yea im pretty sure green shud be fine here.
and thanks
yea thats pretty cheap so i might end up buying that to start off things and see how it is. haven't decided yet tho

Verus Cidere
March 21st, 2009, 10:57 PM
Just a little information on them so you don't think that one set will give you the result in the example picture they give. I got 3 sets when I did mine. Granted, white may not be as noticeable as green, but it took a full set to do one side of the engine. I don't have a camera, so I can't really get pics, but suffice it to say that the page overdoes the brightness a little to sell them. I really like the outcome though. Just think a little and make sure you put the LEDs where they'll shine the best directions and the most obviously.

Oh, and these actually do make your bike a little more visible at night, which adds to the appeal. Not only does your bike look cool, but it's easier to see!!! :D