View Full Version : Small Engine Oil Changing System - ??

athimmel
March 20th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Saw this advertised at Lowe's. Any idea if it is functional or worth bothering with for oil changes?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=141690-60928-2005&detail=&lpage=none

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/026137/026137020056md.jpg

g21-30
March 20th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I will bet that you can't get the tube to feed in the oil fill opening so that it will rest on the bottom of the engine.

athimmel
March 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Yeah...I thought that was probably the case. Just thought I'd ask. :coffee:

HKr1
March 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Nice for a lawn mower :thumbup:

Sound Wave
March 21st, 2009, 02:11 PM
i would imagine also if there were small metal debris or something, that it would be left in the engine... as opposed if you remove the plug and let the debris be carried out by the draining oil.

Sailariel
March 21st, 2009, 05:03 PM
Works fine on an inboard Marine engine where you cannot extract oil through a plug in the pan (some dumb EPA Reg.) and have to go through the dip stick hole. I don`t think it would get all the oil out of the Ninja. I use a container I got at Auto Zone fot $10. That`s what the big one costs--and I needed that size because I change the oil and filtres in both cages--The big cage takes seven Quarts. It is a flat affair that looks very much like a bed pan. The top is sloped down and has a plug in the centre, There is also a vent. You simply slip this pan under your conveyance, and open the centre plug, open the vent, and then unscrew the drain plug on your Ninja. You can even drop the plug because it won`t fit in the centre hole. Remove the filtre, and let the whole thing drain. When you are through draining, you close the centre plug, wipe the top of the container off with a paper towel, close the vent, and you are good to go. It is easy and clean and you have a container to cart your used oil to your nearest disposal site.