View Full Version : Greetings from the North :)

Vancouverite
October 27th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Hello from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada :D Just picked up my first bike. Haven't been on two wheels since I was about 15 and am really looking forward to it. So far so good with some nice sunny days to run up our sea to sky highway! It's an '08 250 with 8k KMs (just under 5k miles) and in great shape. Couldn't believe that some parent was letting their 16 year old who just got a drivers license drive it in the city.. I know my parents would have lost it lol

Looking forward to learning some stuff, as I'm about as much of a bike newbie as it gets..

csmith12
October 27th, 2013, 11:15 AM
:welcome: Vancouverite! Glad you found us...

allanoue
October 27th, 2013, 11:30 AM
welcome Bryan
Nice bike:thumbup:

CC Cowboy
October 27th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Hello from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada :D Just picked up my first bike. Haven't been on two wheels since I was about 15 and am really looking forward to it. So far so good with some nice sunny days to run up our sea to sky highway! It's an '08 250 with 8k KMs (just under 5k miles) and in great shape. Couldn't believe that some parent was letting their 16 year old who just got a drivers license drive it in the city.. I know my parents would have lost it lol

Looking forward to learning some stuff, as I'm about as much of a bike newbie as it gets..

Responsible parents should not let their kids drive at all, well until they are 25 anyway. On the other hand, responsible kids shouldn't let their aging parents drive at all, well not after 50 years old.

I never knew they had motorcycles in Canada. Isn't it too cold up there?

Firehorse
October 27th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Responsible parents should not let their kids drive at all, well until they are 25 anyway. On the other hand, responsible kids shouldn't let their aging parents drive at all, well not after 50 years old.

Haha, funny boy.:D
Vancouver is the warmest part of Canada, like rainforest etc but even where I live north of New York, I still ride all year. Only time I can't is when it's too icey. Our lovely little ninjas start right up at -17 can (1.2 f). Coldest ride for me was -11c (12 f), ninja loved it.

Firehorse
October 27th, 2013, 02:09 PM
:canada: Welcome Vancouverite! Several Canucks here. Enjoy your re-addiction, lol! Take it easy and trust no one. Nice roads you have out there.:)

greenaero
October 27th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Welcome Bryan! :thumbup:

JohnnyBravo
October 27th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the forum :ganja:

KJohnson21
October 27th, 2013, 11:09 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

Vancouverite
October 27th, 2013, 11:47 PM

Actually, Prime Minister Tim Horton demanded that the USA let us import them.. been all good ever since :thumbup:

CC Cowboy
October 28th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Actually, Prime Minister Tim Horton demanded that the USA let us import them.. been all good ever since :thumbup:

Isn't he the Donut guy?

Motofool
October 28th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Welcome to our site, Bryan !!!

Please, visit our Riding Skills section. :)

Snake
November 3rd, 2013, 09:05 AM
Hello and welcome.