View Full Version : I love this bike

sm0kediver
March 22nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
I'm sure no one has ever posted this around here before :rolleyes:

My 2009 Ninja is a great motorcycle. It's so easy to ride well that it feels like an extension of my brain. It can do U turns in tiiiiiight spots. It shifts so smooth that it sounds like an automatic transmission sometimes. Total blast on twisty country roads. To top it off, it looks great. Nearly every time I park it in public, someone walks up to comment on the bike before I can get my helmet off.

Thanks Kawasaki :thumbup:

kkim
March 22nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
lol... I think you've just put into words what every 250 rider feels about this bike. :)

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9428

Syphen
March 22nd, 2009, 08:05 PM
It really is a great bike. My mom and her fiance just bought one for them to rip around on. They are no strangers to bikes, he used to own a Ninja 500 and a VFR800 but sold them both to purchase a new sailboat (a really REALLY nice 26' tanzer). Anyways, I think its a perfect little bike for atleast 75% of the motorcycling populations needs.

Sailariel
March 23rd, 2009, 06:04 PM
It really is a great bike. My mom and her fiance just bought one for them to rip around on. They are no strangers to bikes, he used to own a Ninja 500 and a VFR800 but sold them both to purchase a new sailboat (a really REALLY nice 26' tanzer). Anyways, I think its a perfect little bike for atleast 75% of the motorcycling populations needs.

Greg, Before we retired in 1991, we sailed Lake Ontario out of Oswego NY. We did belong to a Canadian Yacht Club (Bronte Harbour Yacht Club). We initially had Ariel II, a 25`Cape Dory fron 1978 to 1986, and then got Ariel III, a 38`Island Packet. Ariel III sailed on Lake Ontario and Erie till 1991, when we moved aboard full time never to return. Our Home Port is now Belfast, Maine after having logged over 80,000 Nautical miles. We are now doing a refit--having to replace all our electronics because they are either non functioning or totally obsolete. I will also be spending many hours compounding the hull and cabin sides and refinishing the Teak. We have no cruising plans this summer. Next winter I will rebuild the diesel inboard in my shop. By next spring she will look like new and will be ready to put to sea again.

Snake
March 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
My exact sentiments. I have had my bike since April of 05 and have enjoyed it very much. People often ask me if I'm going to "trade up" to a bigger bike and I ask them : Why? This bike does everything I need it to do, is very economical on gas and best of all its paid for. Oh and I almost forgot to mention that the insurance is cheep.

sometimesido
March 23rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
Blah, guy behind the counter at Autozone today asked me what bike I had after looking at my helmet. I told him Ninja 250 and he didn't say a word after that. Like I told them I'm riding a scooter.(i like scooters too)

It was a younger guy than me and I stopped myself from saying something.

:beatdeadhorse:

Purspeed
March 23rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
The Ninja is an incredible platform on many levels. My platform recently got a whole lot better and you will read a review very soon. :)

sometimesido
March 23rd, 2009, 08:12 PM
I've been watching man. ;)
Can't wait for the review.

Buffalony
March 25th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Blah, guy behind the counter at Autozone today asked me what bike I had after looking at my helmet. I told him Ninja 250 and he didn't say a word after that. Like I told them I'm riding a scooter.(i like scooters too)

It was a younger guy than me and I stopped myself from saying something.

:beatdeadhorse:

For me on a bad day. Conversation goes like this:

Joe: *Puts helmet on the counter*.
Clerk: What kinda bike do you drive?
Joe: An 08 Ninja 250
Clerk: *no response, looks down at register screen*
Joe: Do you ride?
Clerk:Na.
Joe: Oh! /pause\ What kind of car do you have?
Clerk:/With a puzzled look\A buick skylark.
Joe: /paused response\ /said sarcastically while looking off into store\Where's the racing synthetic?

I am really so sick of this sh!t.:mad: And the only people I can talk to that really understand are you guys and few friends.;)
You got douches like this who think the only good bike is one that will never reach its full potential on the street and the ones that frown on the so called crotch rockets! Their all misguided extremists. I'm fed up.
The public needs to be f-ing educated on this sh!t ASAP.

How about the doctor that looked me over in the ER when I brought MYSELF in to have my leg looked at after my drop last month. He asks "Were you on one of those crotch rockets!" I respond "its was a small sports bike" and the quality of my treatment DECLINED. F U DOC. Guess I should've been on 750lb Hog in order to be taken seriously.

The Ninja 250 is a smart bike to own..period. It says alot about the owners but the only one who understands are the owners pre/present/past. It sucks so bad that it gets stereotyped in two different directions. I wish Kawasaki would do educational advertisments about this bike. Even then it would take years/decades to drill into the publics head.

Speaking of advertisements...why are there no motorcycle ads on TV? What? Do motorcycles fall into the same catagory as beer and cigarettes?

Sorry. Needed to vent on this crap.

sometimesido
March 25th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Buick Skylark!
I think I'll ask them if they ride too next time.
That's kind of F'd up about the treatment.
There are motorcycle ads. You just don't see them often.

Buffalony
March 25th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Buick Skylark!
I think I'll ask them if they ride too next time.
That's kind of F'd up about the treatment.
There are motorcycle ads. You just don't see them often.

Yeah not near as many car ads anyways:confused:
I cant recall a motorcycle ad i have seen on tv at that

sometimesido
March 25th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I remember Honda and Kawasaki TV ads.
Once each though.

hogfan83
March 25th, 2009, 08:04 AM
maybe i watch tv too much but im always seeing the new yamaha ads...those air on SPEED though

sm0kediver
March 25th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Whew. Some of you spend too much time thinking about what other people think. I could give a rats a$$ what people think. I think that goes double for cashiers :D

For the record, I haven't had any bad experiences on mine. People always comment on what a great looking bike it is, and ask if it's fast. A few will ask about the motor size, and don't bat an eye at the 250 number. Several have commented that they'd like to get one like it. I just try to be polite and go on about my business.

sometimesido
March 25th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Haha, I just shake it off.
Of course, 08+ does look better. So, your perspective might be different.

sm0kediver
March 25th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I was on a yellow 03 once, and a guy was yelling across two lanes of traffic at a stop light asking questions about it.

I think they're all great looking bikes, they're all road worthy, and if people boo'd and hissed me, it would still be my bike of choice. Unless I decided that I preferred another bike ( I reserve the right to decide what I want to do, and the right to change my mind any time I want to) :rolleyes:

When strangers start buying my bikes, and paying for my fuel/tires/insurance, then they start getting a vote in what I ride.

:thumbup:

sometimesido
March 25th, 2009, 10:04 AM
When strangers start buying my bikes, and paying for my fuel/tires/insurance, then they start getting a vote in what I ride.

:thumbup:

:D

Buffalony
March 25th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Your right and that has been my attitude on it.
I don't care about what people think of me and my bike. I'm past that point. On the topic of the ninjette I'm just upset at people in general.
It's not a harley!
It's only a 250!
It's a death trap speed bike!
Oh A crotch rocket!
Do a wheelie!
Is it fast!
Someone better not even make a comment on the color!!!!

Just tell me nice bike or don't say nuthin.

TnNinjaGirl
March 25th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Most people think mine is a 600. When I tell them it's a 250 they are doubly impressed. My suggestion, move to the South. ;)

sometimesido
March 25th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Hahaha, I'm further down South then you.

kkim
March 25th, 2009, 07:03 PM
not as south as I am... y'all. :D

TnNinjaGirl
March 25th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Maybe people think guys should have big bikes and people think a 250 is cute for a girl to have. I don't know but I have only had one person even remotely say anything bad about my bike. It was a Harley rider and we were at the local Advance Auto (where I do business once or more a day). He said something about a piece of Jap crap and about 2 seconds later the manager remarked that his valued customers didn't have to listen to that talk and he himself had a Suzuki Bandit 1000. Long story short he showed himself out the door.

The fact is that these bikes are what we want. Cruiser people want cruisers, 600 owners want 600s, to each his own, there is no reason we shouldn't wave to everyone on a bike. I always throw down 2 fingers. Can't we all just get along? haha

sometimesido
March 25th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I want a cruiser and the "Jap Crap."

Syphen
March 25th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Greg, Before we retired in 1991, we sailed Lake Ontario out of Oswego NY. We did belong to a Canadian Yacht Club (Bronte Harbour Yacht Club). We initially had Ariel II, a 25`Cape Dory fron 1978 to 1986, and then got Ariel III, a 38`Island Packet. Ariel III sailed on Lake Ontario and Erie till 1991, when we moved aboard full time never to return. Our Home Port is now Belfast, Maine after having logged over 80,000 Nautical miles. We are now doing a refit--having to replace all our electronics because they are either non functioning or totally obsolete. I will also be spending many hours compounding the hull and cabin sides and refinishing the Teak. We have no cruising plans this summer. Next winter I will rebuild the diesel inboard in my shop. By next spring she will look like new and will be ready to put to sea again.

Sounds really nice. I own a hobie 16 and an international 14 myself. I love sailing and want to get a cruising boat. A Hunter 380 / Hunter 410 would suit me JUST fine. :thumbup:

Buffalony
March 26th, 2009, 04:53 AM

:D^^Out to Lunch^^:D

miks
March 26th, 2009, 05:11 AM

How about me!

I can see the South Pole from my house! :p

All those stereotypical people should all be bundled in a room and have this happen to them,
http://robotronik.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/atomic_bomb_explosion_2.jpg

Jiu Jitsu Player
March 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
When I first got the bike some of the boys at the gym who also ride were checking it out. They thought it was a 500 but when I told them it was only a 250 they all looked kind of puzzled. I let one of my friends try it out and he came back all smiles and all he could say was how bad ass the bike was....this from a guy who rides a tricked out Gixxer 750!!
Now whenever I ride it there everyone comes up begging me to take her for a spin, to which I reply "sorry guys my baby's not a whore!"

Nauboey
March 26th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Since most has encounterd a jerk then i'll tell what happend When I went to a sonic last week if nobody minds. A couple of the workers came over and was asking questions about the bike and I was kinda dreading the question I knew was coming but when it did I told them a 250 and one of them said ha.... mines a 600 and the guy who didn't have a bike was bragging about how much better and faster his friends bike is and kept putting my bike down after that.:eek: The guy who owned the bike just stood there smiled and said yeah to what his friend was saying... I didn't say anything else at all since he had already said enough.:mad:

BUT I came back with my '66 Mustang last Friday and I guess the guy who owned the 600 wasn't working but the other guy who was running his mouth was working and came out to see the car (NOTE: I sit at the benches to eat, not in my car so he didn't know the mustang was mine yet) I had my 8yr old daughter with me and told her that guy is rude so don't talk to him... When the guy was walking back in he saw me and asked hey man! have ya upgraded from your toy to a machine? You need to ditch the trike and get a Mustang like that man! and started laughing, I just looked at him like he was a jerk.

About 15 Min. later he came out to smoke at the same time my daughter and I got in the Mustang. He then walked to my window and said wow this is yours? Nice car! I told him to get away from my car with his cigarette, and then my daughter said out loud "Dad! Don’t talk to him! He’s Rude!" :thumbup:The guy was speechless as I backed out smiling! :cool:

I love my bike too!(even though I only owned it for less than 3 weeks:D) Now I know alot more about the 250 so I can somewhat defend it next time. But it turned out pretty good, unintentionally of course. ;)

sometimesido
March 26th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Hahaha. Nice story.
I love it when people say stuff they have no clue about...

Buffalony
March 27th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Great story. The 250 is perfectly practical for a guy who already owns a '66 Mustang or any pony.
I wouldnt have been surprised if that guy told you another of his friends has a car bigger and badder than yours.
The 600 owner was surely proud to be within his friends standards for bragging rights, But deep inside he was thinking "Thats really all I need. I should look into one of those. I wonder if it comes in green" :D