View Full Version : Targa signal burnt out

Tigerpaw
November 4th, 2013, 04:22 PM
I have had a Targa(22-472led-m) tail kit with led signals for this season. I now have 1 signal burnt out. What are my options? Can I replace just the LED bulbs? Noone seems to sell just the bulb, or just the 1 signal. If I have to to replace the signal, or more, I might go bigger than the micro.

Thoughts?

Should the Targa led flasher relay work with any similar LEDs I find? Or are they very specific to the amount of bulbs?

JohnnyBravo
November 4th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Sounds like they have a led problem, LED's shouldn't burn out that quick... Contact targa!!!

Tigerpaw
November 4th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Targa didn't care that it burnt out. I am trying a direct replacement with the larger arrow signals. for $40. Fingers crossed.

JohnnyBravo
November 4th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Durn I won't be going through them for purchases, no standing behind their products at all. Hope the replacements don't break the bank

Loadthis
December 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Same issue with the micro LED signal. The LED array itself is flopping around inside the housing and is now intermittent. I just called Targa and they want to charge me $34 for a pair of new bulbs. I've only been running the micros now for 5 months. Pretty crappy life span if you ask me. It seriously sucks that they don't back up their products.
I think I'll try prying apart the housing and repair the thing myself. Probably just a crappy solder job.