View Full Version : Stupidity on two wheels (usually)...

Verus Cidere
March 22nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
Anybody besides me tired of "stunt riders"? :mad: There are several of these idiotic freaks in my town and they're always popping wheelies up and down the longer, straighter streets, traffic or not. I don't understand why they do it! It jeopardizes their lives and their bikes, not to mention the other lives around them. And they're never wearing good gear!!! Why would people do this? Every time I see someone like that, I think they're gonna end up like this guy.

Anything you guys think we can do about it? Any similar stories, or experience with stunting to prove these guys aren't (what do you guys call them?...) Squids?

hogfan83
March 22nd, 2009, 11:51 PM
its not stunting i look down on....its stunting in a public place. making the motorcycle do insane things in a closed area is fine, actually impressive. its not for street riding though

ARc
March 22nd, 2009, 11:53 PM
Haha, that picture is so sick. I wonder what he looked like after! Is that a lowside? No. Probably a high side, lol.

Yea, I don't get the urge to show off in front of people. I think they do it to compensate for something they are "lacking" ;D

Seriously though, the risk of high siding is way too large to just look cool.

crystalh
March 24th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I was looking for videos on frame sliders and found this video... THIS is why you shouldn't stunt ride on the street. And again, they're not wearing the proper gear.

PFvuZ1eL2zc

Sound Wave
March 24th, 2009, 02:56 AM
its not stunting i look down on....its stunting in a public place. making the motorcycle do insane things in a closed area is fine, actually impressive. its not for street riding though
i totally agree. as with a lot of things, there is a time and place for it. the roadways is not a playground.

sounds dick, but i can't say i feel too badly when the "public street" stunters go down. i just pray they aren't TOO seriously injured. maybe just enough to stay off the streets for a while.

RDQ_FIHPFs8
BEgxxHt48Ms
0MbQ4nMJgJ0

oh, found this one about street racing:
aZSnE_s_Y74

crystalh
March 24th, 2009, 03:26 AM
I was about to say "look at all those pretty bikes get ruined. It's a sad day for riding" and then I saw that last vid and I can't even explain the feeling. I hope that guy is okay....

Buffalony
March 24th, 2009, 07:06 AM
When ever you see me this song plays.

This is my theme video. Im in it!

What im doin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_81U4ngh4tc

Stuntin like my daddy

Yewwernnn on my kawi green blacked out 250

BlueTyke
March 24th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I don't mind watching stunting on a closed safe course. I dislike seeing it on public freeways, straights and so on. All I do is shake my head and keep myself safe. Both wheels to the ground. Gear on.

Verus Cidere
March 24th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Exactly. My problem here is, there aren't any closed courses. We have a speedway, but that's reserved for dragracing. We don't have an actual track, and we don't have a place to go "stuntin'" so the idiots in my town just pop wheelies down busy roads. I'm just waiting for my town to be in one of those vids!

grandmaster
March 24th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Locally in my town we don't have a track or speedway...anything of that sort. We just talked to the local owner of a warehouse and he lets anyone who wants stunt in the back of his building...he isn't responsible for anything that happens, and the workers enjoy watching when they are on lunch...

Sound Wave
March 24th, 2009, 09:37 AM
that is cool of the owner. kind of a win/win situation.

i can understand both sides. people are going to do these things regardless. if they don't have a safe enclosed environment where they can do these things, they are going to end up taking it to the streets and endanger their lives and those around them.

after they closed down our local dragstrip, street racing became a real bad problem. also there was a rise in accidents and fatalities.

Visus
March 24th, 2009, 10:12 AM
i totally agree. as with a lot of things, there is a time and place for it. the roadways is not a playground.

sounds dick, but i can't say i feel too badly when the "public street" stunters go down. i just pray they aren't TOO seriously injured. maybe just enough to stay off the streets for a while.

RDQ_FIHPFs8

Looks like his leg exploded in the 1st vid. Ouchie!
As long as there are 20-somethings, there will be stunting, etc. Why? Excitement and pride in showing off. Fortunately, I'm too old and smart to attempt any of that. Hope you are too...smart anyway.

Rynownd
March 24th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Not to glorify stupid behavior, but this is badass if you ask me...

VZzRvVCDW0I

jonb08
March 24th, 2009, 12:43 PM
No matter how dumb a rider can be, I'll always hope that they'll make it home in one piece. I have never gotten into stunting and I've only done a wheelie twice on the 250, but I cannot say there hasnt been some close calls going wide on some hard turns where I was going a bit to fast.
Posted via Mobile Device

athimmel
March 24th, 2009, 12:55 PM
When I see guys riding wheelies down the street in front of the mall, I can't help but think that these are the guys getting killed, giving sport bikes a bad rep, and causing friends and relatives to doubt OUR sanity for wanting to ride. If you want to do stunts, do them at a private location, not in traffic and not where you can hurt others or traumatize them as your bike and body end up under their car.
Posted via Mobile Device

ajaygraci
March 24th, 2009, 02:12 PM
another one of these threads??

stunting is not bad... its people that do it out of their level on congested roads.. popin a wheely on a empty public road is not that bad... but usually they r showwing off and wanna do it in front of people... why do it u ask?> whats the point? ITS FUN

Snake
March 24th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I was looking for videos on frame sliders and found this video... THIS is why you shouldn't stunt ride on the street. And again, they're not wearing the proper gear.

PFvuZ1eL2zc

The one where the dude dumps his girlfriend off the back was hilarious.

Buffalony
March 24th, 2009, 04:31 PM
heres reza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpGbju7iIjk

The one when the dude dumps his girlfriend is not funny after you watch the video on her recovery.

Edit: couldnt find recovery vid. Her myspace http://www.myspace.com/brit2morrow

NinjetteMan
March 24th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Holy crap, that guy in that first vid that Sound Wave posted really did smash the s**t out his leg, it actually disintegrated on contact with the ground. OUCH. If there was ever a good reason not to engage in squidly behavior, that should be one of the many...

Strider
March 24th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Guys like this make me sick, and IMO they give the rest of us a bad rep ...

There's a guy not to far from here that does this stuff, but only on a closed course, for shows and stuff. (he lives in Cherryville I think) He's OK in my book

but the local dipsh*t that does it downtown on Franklin Blvd is a freakin' IDIOT. But hey, he flips me off everytime he sees me so ... guess it has something to do with the cop that was behind me one day and saw him wheelie. He blames me for leading them to him ....

Just my 2cents ...

Syphen
March 24th, 2009, 09:21 PM
d4y3fGy0Xdc

My favorite video, infact, I uploaded it to Youtube tonight. Hope it works, its great. Makes me laugh EVERYtime I watch it.

Stunts gone wild!

Buffalony
March 25th, 2009, 04:15 AM
I noticed that while I watched that video it made me very sad to see such lovely machines being so badly damaged and I didnt really feel sorry for any of the riders.

That was a really good vid. Thanks

sm0kediver
March 25th, 2009, 06:21 AM
I normally frown on stunting on the road, but yesterday I was pulling out of my neighborhood when a sportbike came down the road. The guy was straddling his gas tank (all the way against the bars) and swinging his legs like a little kid. It looked funny and he was obviously having a good time. I smiled and waved.

Buffalony
March 25th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I normally frown on stunting on the road, but yesterday I was pulling out of my neighborhood when a sportbike came down the road. The guy was straddling his gas tank (all the way against the bars) and swinging his legs like a little kid. It looked funny and he was obviously having a good time. I smiled and waved.

He must have been overjoyed. But when it comes to acts that could potentially endanger someone, it becomes more serious. That might encourage another rider to do the same thing. A simple thumbs up in your direction would have been sufficient enough to express his happiness.

GreezMunky
March 25th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I noticed that while I watched that video it made me very sad to see such lovely machines being so badly damaged and I didnt really feel sorry for any of the riders.

Same here. It made me sick to my stomach. Not watching the people slide across the pavement using their skin inside of a leather jacket/pants. It was the amount of destruction they did to their bikes.

CaliGirl
March 25th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Makes me wonder what these guys (cause I have never seen a girl fall from a stunt attempt, but I'm sure they are out there) do for a living that they can afford to trash their bikes and pay for thousands of dollars of repair.

Buffalony
March 26th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Makes me wonder what these guys (cause I have never seen a girl fall from a stunt attempt, but I'm sure they are out there) do for a living that they can afford to trash their bikes and pay for thousands of dollars of repair.

I'm sure they don't help insurance rates much either!:(

miks
March 26th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Reckon after a fall they just bike a new bike and do it again. Its the Circle of Stunting : Buy a bike, fall, hurt yourself, heal, bike another new bike and around and round it goes again.

jonb08
March 26th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I hear you on the insurance rates. At least they are sticking with stunting bikes and not stunting or racing cars on public roads. In the end they will only hurt themselves on a bike.

Buffalony
March 26th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Reckon after a fall they just bike a new bike and do it again. Its the Circle of Stunting : Buy a bike, fall, hurt yourself, heal, bike another new bike and around and round it goes again.

Sounds like an expensive circle of death cult. Lets call Maury Povich about this crap. Come on we can get him all fired up.

SF-Dug
March 28th, 2009, 06:08 PM
If I were going to learn how to stunt then I'd rather do so on a dirtbike or motard. Taking a brand new sports bike as a training tool for stunting 101 is beyond stupid. The person who does that deserves what they get IMHO. I agree with the consensus that stunting in a enclosed area is okay but taking it out to the streets and highways is just stupidity. It a culmination of a person with too teenage hormones or a bad mid life crisis, stupid thinking and attention seeking.

komohana
March 28th, 2009, 08:18 PM
i'll admit that i admire the skill and control thats displayed stunting sport bikes.
:soapbox:
this admiration is quickly erroded when i see irresponsible riders performing their trix in traffic, with apparent disregard for the damage, injury or deaths that may occur as a result of their actions. on an island community like we have here on kauai, one incident is going to bring negative attention to our sport. its not a matter of if anymore, but when.

(gump dub over)...thahts all i goht to say about thaht

mike_sema
March 28th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I do have to say that I like watching sport bike on tv the stunts they do are killer, but I find that when you do stupid things on the open road you deserve what you get and its even worse to see when they are not even wearing good gear in most of the vids up top some are just wearing a helmet if that at all,

tapdiggy
March 28th, 2009, 09:07 PM
When ever you see me this song plays.

This is my theme video. Im in it!

What im doin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_81U4ngh4tc

Stuntin like my daddy

Yewwernnn on my kawi green blacked out 250

just when I thought Cruddy, derivative Rapping couldn't be worse this shows up. I hope this was sarcasm.

Buffalony
March 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM
just when I thought Cruddy, derivative Rapping couldn't be worse this shows up. I hope this was sarcasm.

:cool: Jeah son :rolleyes:

KJohnson21
March 31st, 2009, 12:17 AM

I always wonder how many of them are telling some kind of bulls**t story to Mommy and Daddy. I guess I knew too many rich kids in school.

miks
March 31st, 2009, 02:15 AM
Yeah, probably just a bunch of spoiled brats;

Brat : "Mummy, can I have $10,000?"
Parent : "For what my dear?"
Brat : "To buy another bike, I broke-ed my old one"
Parent : "Sure, here you go"

And round and round it goes, until either the brat is dead, or the parents file for bankruptcy.