View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you on a "sudden curve?"

NJD022588
March 22nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
I came across this sign on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I could not stop laughing at it! :D

What made anyone decide to attach this picture to this sign?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=75&pictureid=861

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=75&pictureid=862

WTF? :confused:

darkknight49
March 22nd, 2009, 10:30 PM
:rotflmao: that sign is awesome!

Buffalony
March 22nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
I might have happend there b4!

Funny stuff though.

sometimesido
March 22nd, 2009, 10:37 PM
one thing I learned while I was in the army.
If some warning/attention sign seems so obvious, weird, stupid, etc.; it has happened before.

NJD022588
March 22nd, 2009, 10:40 PM
This was the second one of the day. I saw the first and was so shocked that I didnt believe it. Then, when i came to this one i just had to stop and get a picture.

Verus Cidere
March 22nd, 2009, 10:55 PM
Hehehe.... Looks hilarious! It's got a good point though. Too fast into a curve with a dropoff = death! This just makes that point in a funny way. Nice find! :D

Verus Cidere
March 22nd, 2009, 11:26 PM
Whatcanido, you sure you're on the right thread?

Buffalony
March 23rd, 2009, 12:41 AM
one thing I learned while I was in the army.
If some warning/attention sign seems so obvious, weird, stupid, etc.; it has happened before.

+100

Every place there is a major problem here they put up a sign. Stuff like "Share the road" or the infamous "Stop Ahead" heed warning to signs that state common sense.:)

watcanido
March 23rd, 2009, 12:55 AM
Whatcanido, you sure you're on the right thread?

ooops. wrong thread. sorry :D

komohana
March 23rd, 2009, 01:53 AM

WTF? :confused:

Oh i know!...
it's one of those STUNTING SPORT BIKE HAZARD AHEAD signs i read about in another thread....yeah...

:crash:

Buffalony
March 23rd, 2009, 02:19 AM
Stuntin like my daddy. It'll be better if he was grabbin the bars....LOL

HKr1
March 23rd, 2009, 05:00 AM
Nice :)

BlueTyke
March 23rd, 2009, 07:17 AM
Stunting a sportbike but on a crusier style, now that takes some skills!

Great find Nick!

g21-30
March 23rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Nick,

What does the second (blue circle) sign say? I can make out "curve" for the bottom word. Does the top word say "sudden?" :D

NJD022588
March 23rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
It says Spiral Curve. Im really not sure what that means. It seemed to be a pretty normal curve. The only thing i can think of is it was a left turn, about 180 degrees but not that sharp, then an immediate right turn that was pretty sharp.

Buffalony
March 24th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Read slow.

OK.OK. Guys (ladies) Seriously let me translate what these signs mean.
They are Yellow so they are clearly warnings.

The First is a warning to all motorist which simply states there is a sudden curve approaching.

However.. . . with the addition of the lower sign (which shows a rider having such a good time he throws his hands in the air) it clearly means for those riders with a cycle of the dual-purpose type, .. . .that there shall be an alternate route aproaching.
In this routes case it will most likely involve an initial jump.

All cyclist that have street use motorcycles only...like Cruisers, Sports bikes(us here on ninjette.org), scooters and definitely trikes..should keep out. . ..Bicycles are optional.

NinjetteMan
March 24th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Lol, I would love to have the job of the person thats commissioned to design these signs

sm0kediver
March 24th, 2009, 02:59 PM
A spiral curve is concentric, and the radius is either getting larger or smaller. It's significant because it's not radial, and the line that you establish at the beginning of the curve won't work all the way through. You'll probably have to tack your way through it.

What it really means is Pay Attention Stupid!

g21-30
March 24th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I like Joe's explanation, as he had to go aways to come up with it! How many traffic sign designers are going to know that the dual sport guys will love the curve and the opportunity to take an alternate route? :D

Strider
March 24th, 2009, 04:04 PM
LOL - I haven't seen one of those on the Parkway here in NC , but I'll look when we go up in a week or so ... great find though!

Buffalony
March 24th, 2009, 05:28 PM
LOL - I haven't seen one of those on the Parkway here in NC , but I'll look when we go up in a week or so ... great find though!

Take some pics of the back road for us. We can post em up for our off-roading members to drool over :D

KnoxNinja
March 24th, 2009, 07:45 PM
ROFL.

I want that sign!

That pic can be comical if you look at it one way, although if you look at it like it's a top-down view of a rider lying dead on the side of the road, it's not as har-har.

Buffalony
March 25th, 2009, 05:14 AM
ROFL.

I want that sign!

That pic can be comical if you look at it one way, although if you look at it like it's a top-down view of a rider lying dead on the side of the road, it's not as har-har.

I didn't even see it that way until u said that. ....

Who ever designed that is one smart cookie(s).

NJD022588
March 25th, 2009, 02:55 PM

It's just north of the Buena Vista entrance.

How far will you be going on the parkway?

paterick4o8
March 25th, 2009, 03:28 PM
So.. we shouldn't stand and ride on top of a rainbow?? :rotflmao:

py2e
April 2nd, 2009, 05:48 PM

No, it's saying that's how you should ride it. :thumbup:

z28melissa
April 3rd, 2009, 05:02 AM
that is hilarious... someone needs to make a ninja sticker for that bike... and add a helmet mohawk.

Buffalony
April 3rd, 2009, 05:21 AM
that is hilarious... someone needs to make a ninja sticker for that bike... and add a helmet mohawk.

lol. Yeah or draw some pigtails with a sharpie:evil6:

miks
April 3rd, 2009, 05:32 AM

:clap2:

Maybe you should, I've always thought that there was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! :thumbup: