View Full Version : I have short fingers - Help!

muffinman
March 22nd, 2009, 11:42 PM
I can't find a pair of quality, protective gloves that will fit my stubby fingers properly. I've tried SM alpinestars (fingers way too long), XS cortechs (still too long but not as bad as A*), and Women's S icons (what I'm using now.. still about 1/4" of loose material).. and the palm, wrist area will fit very snug but there's always 1/4" to 1/2" of loose material at the end of the fingers.

Anyone know of any brands or specific models with shorter than average finger lengths? I'm looking for a shorter cuff street style leather gloves w/ armor.

Thanks.

ARc
March 22nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
Not that I know of...have you tried hitting up your local Cycle Gear to check out the brands that they have? They have gloves from Dainese to Frank Thomas, so I think that might be worth a shot.

azia
March 25th, 2009, 09:47 PM
oops...

Sound Wave
March 25th, 2009, 10:02 PM
arthur, i know you wanted a shorty glove, but i found these at newenough.com

they are the gauntlet type. if you click on the "select item here", then you can choose either the long or short fingers.

http://www.newenough.com/gloves/street_or_racing_gauntlet/held/nero_short_long_finger_motorcycle_gloves.html

muffinman
March 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Gary, thanks for the link - I saw those earlier but it is a little out of my price range and I'm looking for a more street-style glove.

I wish more manufacturers gave the option for short/long fingers like the Nero

CaliGirl
March 25th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I was going to recommend the Held gloves as well. Something you may think about also is taking your fav brand/style of gloves to a seamstress who can maybe shorten the fingers for you. I know a very good tailor and I may try this with a pair of gloves I bought on sale but the fingers are just a bit too long...

zartan
March 25th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I have the same problem.
wide hands short fingers.

Babybiker.com UK kids sizes heavy duty. They take kid's riding serious over there. I ordered a pair and am happy with them and the customer service.

SILVER CARBON KNUCKLE GLOVE...

New leather race glove with flexible silver carbon knuckle links and finger pads
An excellent quality leather glove ideal for minimoto racing at a realistic price.
Several colours, red/blk, blue/blk, yellow/blk, silver/blk
To fit ages 3/4 yrs upwards
IDEAL FOR MINIMOTO RACING

Option: Size 2yrs 3yrs 4yrs 5yrs 6yrs 7yrs 8yrs 9yrs 10yrs 11yrs 12yrs 13yrs 14yrs 15yrs
Palm Width 7cm 8cm 9cm 10cm 11cm 12cm
Wrist to tip of middle finger 12cm 13cm 14cm 15cm 16cm 17cm
Colour Red/Silver/Black Blue/Silver/Black Yellow/Silver/Black Silver/Black Black

Model: Shadow Glove
Current Price: £24.99
Quantity To Order:

zartan
March 25th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I was going to recommend the Held gloves as well. Something you may think about also is taking your fav brand/style of gloves to a seamstress who can maybe shorten the fingers for you. I know a very good tailor and I may try this with a pair of gloves I bought on sale but the fingers are just a bit too long...

haha I tried to trim my own icon gloves. I looked like an Alien with them on...

muffinman
March 26th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I have the same problem.
wide hands short fingers.

Babybiker.com UK kids sizes heavy duty. They take kid's riding serious over there. I ordered a pair and am happy with them and the customer service.

SILVER CARBON KNUCKLE GLOVE...

New leather race glove with flexible silver carbon knuckle links and finger pads
An excellent quality leather glove ideal for minimoto racing at a realistic price.
Several colours, red/blk, blue/blk, yellow/blk, silver/blk
To fit ages 3/4 yrs upwards
IDEAL FOR MINIMOTO RACING

Option: Size 2yrs 3yrs 4yrs 5yrs 6yrs 7yrs 8yrs 9yrs 10yrs 11yrs 12yrs 13yrs 14yrs 15yrs
Palm Width 7cm 8cm 9cm 10cm 11cm 12cm
Wrist to tip of middle finger 12cm 13cm 14cm 15cm 16cm 17cm
Colour Red/Silver/Black Blue/Silver/Black Yellow/Silver/Black Silver/Black Black

Model: Shadow Glove
Current Price: £24.99
Quantity To Order:

Hey Zartan! Thanks, I checked those out... I emailed BabyBiker about 4 days ago with some questions regarding the gloves but they never got back to me :confused:

Do you think they would stand up in a high speed crash? They were designed for mini-moto, not street bikes.

Also, is the leather thick and/or ventilated? Do you know what kind of leather?

Thanks!

sm0kediver
March 26th, 2009, 06:23 PM
You just have to chuckle when you see a thread authored by a muffin man complaining about short fingers

http://www.mightybook.com/MightyBook_free/Free_Page_Thumbnails/jigsaw_puzzles_thumbnails/Muffin_Man%5B2%5D.jpg

zartan
March 26th, 2009, 10:20 PM
yes the leather is stout and built well. I do not know if the carbon is real cf or not. But they are very thick I imagine Moo. I think they are as good as a pair of icons... I really like the HELD ones pricey ....

I am so surprised that you have not heard back, the customer service was great for me . But there was a delay of about a day due to the time difference.