View Full Version : Aftermarket Exhaust

herpderp
November 6th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Hi I'm a new rider and am also new to the forums. I'm also new to bikes in general and don't know much about upgrading and basic self maintenance. So my qustion is what kind of motorcycle exhausts are there for ninjas. Also i have seen people taking GSXR exhausts and putting them on ninjas, would that be a good route as well?

Jiggles
November 6th, 2013, 01:20 PM
What are you trying to do with an exhaust?

rasta
November 6th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Gixxer exhaust on Ninjettes is possible...

http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-250r/125091-diy-06-07-gsxr-exhaust-install-08-ninja-250-a.html

Joshorilla
November 6th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Ok, lots of threads on this so I will condense my reply.

New exhaust = jetting or shimming to carbs or your bike will run crap or damage your engine.

Exhausts available to mention a few, Yoshimura, Tyga, Area P, Beowulf, blah blah blah.

Alex
November 6th, 2013, 09:26 PM
/moved to new-gen tech

http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Exhaust_Info

SMman
November 7th, 2013, 08:23 AM
You will gain more performance with a full exhaust compared to just a slip-on. Having said that, I am happy with the carbon fiber FMF slip-on that came with my 09 Ninja 250. Area P are considered one of the better full systems available and Dynojet offer jet kits for the 250.

I would suggest riding your bike as is and spending the money on quality riding gear and a track school instead.

If and when you do decide to add modifications to your bike, I would suggest other things before an exhaust. I love my Woodcraft clip-ons, Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen, Corbin seat, and Galfer stainless steel front brake line. I would choose any of them before my exhaust and jet kit.

herpderp
November 7th, 2013, 11:33 AM
thanks for the replys, well as far as exhaust go i was looking more for sound than performance. I've already gone and taken the Basic Rider Course, it's required here in texas for you to get your license.

SMman
November 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Good job taking the rider's course. A track school is something you should definitely do as well at some point. I guarantee you will learn a lot and have a blast!

I can recommend the FMF slip-on. Mine is carbon fiber with a titanium end cap and it is also available in titanium. It sounds good and is much lighter than stock. If you are just after sound, don't bother spending the money on the full system.

herpderp
November 7th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Good job taking the rider's course. I track school is something you should definitely do as well at some point. I guarantee you will learn a lot and have a blast!

I can recommend the FMF slip-on. Mine is carbon fiber with a titanium end cap and it is also available in titanium. It sounds good and is much lighter than stock. If you are just after sound, don't bother spending the money on the full system.

what exactly do you do in a track school?

SMman
November 7th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I've been to 3 track schools and they really improved my riding skills and confidence. You will learn proper cornering and braking techniques and learn what you and your bike are capable of. Riding on a track is so much fun too. I can't get enough of it so attend track days as much as possible. They have made me a safer rider on the street for sure.